Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

The New Forum (Temp Site)

Comments

• Options
    cars4driftingcars4drifting Registered Users 728 Posts
    Isn't there a limit on traffic?p
  • Options
    vladdroid_plusvladdroid_plus Registered Users 35 Posts
    @shtoobie pm me bro.
  • Options
    chrisjrab59chrisjrab59 Registered Users 544 Posts
    traffic? as in how many posts per minute or what do you mean? @cars4drifting
  • Options
    The company where the new forums is on, this is their cheapest plan, and here is what is included with that plan:

http://s7.postimg.org/xkxxile5n/Screenshot_2015_11_07_23_17_58.png

@chrisjrab59. Lol. I though u already knew all of this stuff bro, btw, I know coding and website building. The new forums, u guys didn't do anything on there. Did u? Lol. Seems like its running stock. Either my phone shows it wrong, or u guys didn't even size the header image correctly. Idk just daying, but it seems like the website skills u claim aren't as sharp as you though they were. I'm taking classes in college about html, python, and advanced website structure, and honestly, seems like u guys don't have much experience in that area. Btw, some (alot) of letters need kerning adjustments :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    i have no idea what letters needing "kerning" adjustments is all about...

There is no traffic limit in that respect, i am hosting it on my own hosting package, on a subdomain off my own personal project website.

The vanilla pack i used is similar to stock but with many adjustments made in the underlayer as well as a ton of plugins. More to it than you can see.

Graphics were thrown together quickly to provide a better experience than a blank page. I have a professional photographer and web art designer whos a friend of mine working on a better banner.

Overall, this isnt meant to be the most beautiful forum out there, just be thankful its an alternative to the official forum thats in ruins right now, lol.

As i explained to someone else who was giving negative feedback earlier on before it was released, i dont need to prove my qualifications... Congrats that youre in college learning some of this stuff, it may be useful to you in the future as it has been for me for over ten years.

Hope you enjoy the forum, or if you dont like it we thank you for looking at it. @cars4drifting
  • Options
    Btw @chrisjrab59 I won't be able to use it. I made an account, it says it's wrong when I try login, when I try make a new one, apparently it exists already. Kinda confused y it exists yet I can't log in cuz it's wrong :confused:
  • Options
    Nvm, finally got on lol. But thanks though
  • Options
    let me check the status, you may have not verified the email address, did you check your spam folder for the confirmation email? @cars4drifting
  • Options
    ok, good. np @cars4drifting
  • Options
    @shtoobie pm me please
  • Options
    hes offline, what do you need? @vladdroid_plus
  • Options
    I need to talk to him...it's about new forums, but we know each other so ya, he will know what I'm talking about
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    he knows you with a four day old account? and you can ask me also, im equally involved in the new forum. @vladdroid_plus
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    This vladdriod_plus guy is the new forum account of the scammer vladdriod, beware
  • Options
    ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    Oh boy will in my garage join the new forums?
  • Options
    top notch dealz -!-top notch dealz -!- Registered Users 2,241 Posts
    Lol ^^^ his probably allready there
  • Options
    TylerModsTylerMods Registered Users 1,250 Posts

@OhISnapped yep you snapped...

New members will be under monitoring. If their account on this forum has a bad reputiation, they will be banned from the the new one. If its a brand new user, they will be allowed to build vouchers on their wall by going first in submission to senior members with more vouchers.

Amateur forum runners.. learn to ip ban
  • Options
    shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    TylerMods said:

New members will be under monitoring. If their account on this forum has a bad reputiation, they will be banned from the the new one. If its a brand new user, they will be allowed to build vouchers on their wall by going first in submission to senior members with more vouchers.

With all due respect, you are the amateur here.

IP banning isn't going to stop anybody who doesn't want to be stopped, they can just switch to a VPN. All that IP banning does is increase the risk of banning someone legit, and we don't want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    shtoobie said:

TylerMods said:

With all due respect, you are the amateur here.

IP banning isn't going to stop anybody who doesn't want to be stopped, they can just switch to a VPN. All that IP banning does is increase the risk of banning someone legit, and we don't want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary.
    it does better than account banning. you didnt help your case.
  • Options
    @shtoobie i wasnt calling you a amateur btw.
  • Options

The company where the new forums is on, this is their cheapest plan, and here is what is included with that plan:

http://s7.postimg.org/xkxxile5n/Screenshot_2015_11_07_23_17_58.png

@chrisjrab59. Lol. I though u already knew all of this stuff bro, btw, I know coding and website building. The new forums, u guys didn't do anything on there. Did u? Lol. Seems like its running stock. Either my phone shows it wrong, or u guys didn't even size the header image correctly. Idk just daying, but it seems like the website skills u claim aren't as sharp as you though they were. I'm taking classes in college about html, python, and advanced website structure, and honestly, seems like u guys don't have much experience in that area. Btw, some (alot) of letters need kerning adjustments :wink:

I think @chrisjrab59 covered most things here, but I just want to emphasize that we installed vanilla forums ourself using our own domain and the open source version of vanilla.
  • Options
    TylerMods said:

@shtoobie i wasnt calling you a amateur btw.

Ehm, who were you calling an amateur then lol.

And also, it doesn't help, because they just go on a vpn and keep switching ips and making multiple accounts.They're going to come back anyways, might as well avoid any risk to other people.
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    this is why the new forum stands out as it require you to input "in game account name" for sign up. that would slow down scammer from making new forum account as it take 200 gems to change name everytime.

and we currently have 2 admins and 6 mods monitoring the forum. should be easier to stop trolling and scamming.
  • Options

this is why the new forum stands out as it require you to input "in game account name" for sign up. that would slow down scammer from making new forum account as it take 200 gems to change name everytime.

and we currently have 2 admins and 6 mods monitoring the forum. should be easier to stop trolling and scamming.

As well, should any big catastrophes take place, at least one admin is going to be on pretty much 24/7
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    bumpy bumpie!
  • Options
    SlipSlip Registered Users 1,429 Posts
    I'll be there in a few lol
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    SlipSlip Registered Users 1,429 Posts
    Bump for an awesome site
  • Options
    mywayracermywayracer Registered Users 3,965 Posts
    @shtoobie @chrisjrab59 i made an account and it got deleted y?