Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

How to not get scammed

Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
Anyone who has played as long as me has been scammed at some point but I have stayed scam free for a long time and even all together only a couple times.

Here are some guidelines.
1. Don't deal too much. If you are too quick to make lots of deals you are probably going to have problems.
2. Use your instincts when dealing with new people. If your gut instinct is that he may be a scammer you may be right and you should use extra caution.
3. Use facebook groups and similar groups through social media. Groups have voucher systems in place and you can carefully select those that seem to make deals frequently without issues. Jump on a great deal and trust an unknown dealer and you may get burned.
4. Never deal with unknown dealers in the game especially the ones that contact you. I'm sure many legit deals have been done this way but too often it leads to problems.
5. If you are selling a car I make sure I get the cash first. Some groups require the one with less vouchers to go first but I've seen guys post 30 people they don't even know quickly. When you post 5 guys they'll say ok I guess you go first, then you end up getting scammed and often the ones mentioned will reply they don't even know the guy. I have been mentioned as a voucher and eventually responded that I don't know the dude. So wait for the vouchers to respond and then deal when u feel comfortable.
6. Still to this day I have never given a car first before cash in a deal and guess what....I have never scammed anyone.
7. Likewise because I am stubborn like that when I buy I always insist that I pay first. I will only buy from someone that I am confident is legit. Using vouchers or just watching deals made.
8. When the deal goes down I always make sure I either have a much faster car or a much slower car depending on which way the cash is going. Show up with a zonda trying to give me money and I will not do the transaction. When I am buying something I'll just pick my slowest car. Datsun is the slow car of choice for most. but any d class car will be fine.
9. If I am selling a stock turf car I wont show up with that car until the cash is transferred.

Gotta run I'll add more later

Comments

• Options
    ILoveYouILoveYou Registered Users 1,268 Posts
    fb does have a better for vouchers like its easier not to fake them
  • Options
    As far as trades go, yes try to use groups and voucher system.

I try to deal with know legit dealers only. As far as who goes first I like to adhere to who had the car up for trade to begin with.
    If I am offering a car to trade I will make a trader feel comfortable with vouchers and ask that they go first. If I see someone offering a car for trade and I offer a car to trade for it, I will usually go first.

Don't rush to make deals, wait for vouchers and sometimes a little more interaction between you and the dealer can reveal their true colors.

In the end even a "friend" from the game may eventually scam you. I think I have lost a r35 to some noob friend and 55$ thanks to a trusted friend ign beastiemode . He took others for hundreds of $$$ , I'd tell you how but it may give any potential scammer readers ideas. I do think it is annoying that GLU allows players to change their IGN for 40 gems. It makes it harder to keep track of these losers. I've had the same ign since day one in September of 2013 Gav19

Oh and interestingly if you look up my ign you may see ign gav19 is a scammer. Gav19 is my only account and some scammers will claim to be trusted and legit people like myself. I've had a few victims ask me to finish a deal I never started. Thus someone felt I was a liar and made that account.
  • Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    edited January 2016
    If someone is pinking a high level car to you, take a stock class D car and use it to pink. That way if they're just out to take your car, you lose only a stock class D car (they get 5K if they sell it back to the system, big whoop) No big loss to you and they wasted a ton of time trying to get a worthless car. Poetic justice.

You can buy a stock Honda Civic for 18K or a Toyota Corolla for 19K in the showroom. Don't use a Datsun (that's been vaulted and are getting more valuable)

If someone is pinking a low level car, OR they are using a low level car to give money to you, make sure your car is significantly higher than theirs.

Example: Someone is pinking a maxed evo (1662) so you should use a maxed Mazda RX7 (1679) to do the trade. Same thing if they're using a maxed evo to give you $100K.

That way if they are trying to grab your cash, you can easily beat them in the race.

Now if someone is saying they're going first, and they're paying the money to you, but they come into the lobby with a very high level car (Zonda, etc.) that is a BIG RED FLAG. There is a HUGE RISK they're going to take your money instead and running.

Don't go through with the deal until they come back with a slower car. If they refuse, then cancel the deal.

• Options
    couchrac3rcouchrac3r Registered Users 4,901 Posts
    What are some good places to join to buy and sale cars? I just started playing last week so still trying to learn about the game.
  • Options
    State_of_MindState_of_Mind Registered Users 100 Posts
    Yeah the one time I got scammed was for this Honda Civic I bought specifically for scammers :(
  • Options
    I use facebook groups. Only made a facebook account for this game. Once u get in a few groups just take ur time and buy from guys who continually make legit deals
  • Options
    MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    Gavc19 said:

I do think it is annoying that GLU allows players to change their IGN for 40 gems. It makes it harder to keep track of these losers.

When was this 40 gems? Cause right now i see it is 200 gems to change your IGN and i would never do it because i like my IGN :)

• Options
    Oh I haven't even looked as I too will not change it. But it shouldn't be allowed. Only reason to change name is to avoid people, basically because you are a scammer. Other people that do it are a little over confident because they think no one will pink them. This could be partially true but with the servers shuffling I can't keep track of who is good and who isn't.