Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Who's ready for a all pagani turf ? Mofo is this serious

xxRollDeepxxxxRollDeepxx Registered Users 79 Posts
So the word is get ready for a all pagani turf with 3 days of the Rr greatest car PAGANI

Well I ain't no fool and won't be blowing gems or Rrc on this turf for a car that looks practically the same in crates

If it is all pagani it wil be the lowest scoring turf ever

Comments

• Options
    Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    I am guessing that this will be a total joke of a turf. No one racing, points extremely low. Not sure they want people to not play. I'll clean out my sock drawer instead.
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Worst turf ever
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    This is nuts. At least one can get a cheap Huayra, but that's it.
  • Options
    Lbhero34Lbhero34 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    edited March 2016
    This has to be one of the dumbest ideas to come from Glu. Let's have 3 days of pagani, put the 1 pagani in the showroom on sale, don't allow instant delivery and then let teams race for a turf car that's in the gold crates. Who's the brains behind these decisions? Whoever it is, they should be fired immediately. If I did my job the same way people at Glu do theirs, I'd be fired quickly.
  • Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    Comic Book Guy says "worst....turf...ever..."
  • Options
    well I won't be back on the game Til after turf - no racing and certainly no pinks
  • Options
    okiebug0101okiebug0101 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 51 Posts
    edited March 2016
    i apologize for my comments on this matter , what I should have stated was racing rivals needs to do a better job on determining what race wars should be. This one gets my no vote.
  • Options
    RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Unbelievable. An R class car that either scores no points or breaks in 5 runs and needs 16 hours to repair. But yeah. Sure everyone has enough Paganis to race for THREE DAYS without getting bored.
  • Options
    CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    edited March 2016
    Glu had to run an all Pagani event and change game icon to Paganis...it was a stipulation in the new contract they signed with em...

edit:typo

• Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Dumbest idea yet glu SMH
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We appreciate the feedback... this was part of our partnership with Pagani to feature their new Huayra BC. Similar to when we have an all BWM event to help promote the new BWM at the time.

We knew that participation would be low due to the limitation of the accessibility of the cars, and probably a low "money making" weekend, but we appreciate our partnership with Pagani especially for having us use their new car. Be assured this isn't the new "norm". We're willing to work with our partnered car manufacturers on promoting cars, and some times we will single out a manufacturer during a turf war, but that doesn't mean it happens every single week. a few here are here out of the 52 weeks are possible.

So to those teams choosing to "take the weekend off". We hope you enjoy your weekend. For teams that are choosing to participate, good luck!
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Thank you for your feedback
  • Options
    Thank you for letting use know why they ran this turf war. Have to keep the big dogs happy
  • Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    Yup. If we want the new cars, sometimes we gotta deal with these types of turf events
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    BS who give a crap if we have A SINGLE new car. Let alone a Pagani to top it off. Could have thrown at least 1 day of racing something else. The BMW weekend wasn't the same we got a free car and had what 15 BMWs to chose from to race from.

Hear is what I take from Ryyst post. Pagani is paying us a crap load of money to promote their cars that most of us will never drive or see. So we are going to whore our self out to them instead of taking care the gamers that make this game what it is.

I'll enjoy the week off though and wont be wasting gems on that POS.
  • Options
    @Dozerboy the post is not meant for abusive and foul language
  • Options
    RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Then why is the Huayra such a POS. I only have it at a common sense 63 tune, but the launch is ridiculous and even when you do manage to hook it up - it's SLOW.

Maybe I'm missing something...
  • Options
    Roger if you don't want the car will give 23k for it , just saying
  • Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    tag ryyst on this, but heres an idea. what if in the future, when we have events similar to the all pagani where we have to use a high stress car, you guys temporarily reduce the repair time of said car during the event. that would make people a little more willing to play those types of turf events.
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."