Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Two Gripes After Update

RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
Twice I been ready to launch and waiting to go and the screen resets to Waiting for opponent - 3 2 1 - then not enough time to ready for launch. Is this a hack or just a really crappy idea?

Two - the tournament is all Free for All. I like the four player thing as it cuts waiting, but all Free for All - Really? Plus prize money v Buy in money is crap.

Comments

• Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    I think the 3 2 1 is for when they try to light lag just don't let go of the rpm or there won't be enough time to react
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We've stated, that the way light lag works is really something we can't control except for making you lose should your device disconnect for any reason.. which we kinda used to do until most people complained about it. So there is a slight time frame where we wait for accidental disconnects which unfortunately can be done on purpose. So since we couldn't exactly "fix" it we added a message to warn you that your opponent was reconnecting.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    Maybe make the message a small bit longer ryyst? I've had it happen and I agree with RodgerTgeTodger. Its kind of a super quick transition between the message and the lights.
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    I'll bring it up.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    brent623brent623 Registered Users 19 Posts
    The countdown threw me off too, but I just hold down through it now. A 5 count would be nice though. When I get a call, on Friday, during Turf (never fails!) it takes 3+ seconds to end the call and bring the RR screen back up.
  • Options
    NDVINNYNDVINNY Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    Ya its a joke. First couple times it went to tie race. So i figured it would again so i let off the gas and all of a sudden i noticed the tree light up so i smashed the throttle and missed my launch and lost a one:1. Then it happened again and i let off the throttle then noticed a countdown and couldn't rev untill the tree started and lost another one:1 because i burned out. All it did was make it easier for these idiots. I explained it to hacker support but you know how that ended up. Even sent screenshots of the person rubbing it in.
  • Options
    NDVINNYNDVINNY Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    Ryyst maybe that should be implemented again it would put a quick end to the cheating and cloning that used to take place. I mentioned that six months ago to " customer support", if thats what you want to call them, and got no response. I also told them to remove the pinkslips bracket because thats where the cloning was taking place about 4 months before they did it. Maybe if you guys would listen to the players it would help make this game great again. Right now it seems like the only people you support are the cheaters. I have lost 2 k1s to the new and improved light lagging that you guys created and it gets real sickening when all we here is it was a legit pinks race. My ign is NDVINNY and i have sent support messages but thats a joke.