Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Tournament

RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
I am the only one that thinks Tournament has be RUINED!

I like the shorter waits, but all free for all just leads to totally mismatched games. It's just luck of the draw if you turned up in the highest rated car. And the prize money is crap. Might as well just give money away as lose it racing an evo against a 74 Viper or a 68 against a maxed Zonda.

Total waste of time now. Either burn through ur R class cars and still get killed by R3s or turn up in a car u actually like racing and have NO CHANCE

Comments

• Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Yes I hope they bring back events with better prizes
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    BRING BACK PINKS!
    nuf said :D
  • Options
    CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Bringin back pinks in tourney would inevitably bring the cloners back as well...we don't need or want a second "Clone Age"

• Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    @CircusOfSins definitly not we dont want that. i dont forsee pinks tourny coming back until they come up with a way to fix the clone issue with it
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • Options
    youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts

Bringin back pinks in tourney would inevitably bring the cloners back as well...we don't need or want a second "Clone Age"

@CircusOfSins definitly not we dont want that. i dont forsee pinks tourny coming back until they come up with a way to fix the clone issue with it

I disagree. the pinks tournament was only part of the cloning process supposedly. The rest was supposed to be fixed with the 5.0 update so there should be no real reason not to bring it back
  • Options
    @youlie that's the magic statement there. The rest was SUPPOSED to be fixed by 5.0.
    If I was in glu place though, ibwouldnt take that risk by bringing back the tourny. Because fact if the matter is, stopping pinks tourny stopped 95% of cloning. Then there's the whole issue where people can still disconnect from the tourny and you sit there waiting for 10 minutes then it says you are disqualified. Happened to me yesterday, when I was racing the last guy in a stage four tournament free for all and I had the fastest car. Yet he won because he disconnected and the game SAID I did even though I sat waiting. Obviously, there are still bugs in the tourny in general, and unul they fix those it wouldn't be in tgier best interest to bring the pinks tourny back. Just my opinion here...
  • Options
    *until
  • Options
    RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Am I being dumb and not seeing how to swap between 8 player tournament and 4 player?

The other day the 8 player restricted version was on, with access only for the right cars. But now it's back to 4 player free for all.

I like the less waiting with four player, but all free for sucks.

I miss Evo tournaments. Four player Evo only, or A,B,C,D class would be great. Free for all means using R class which break quickly, are expensive to acquire/upgrade and take an age to repair.

EVO tournament is great balance. Competitive, cheap, fast.
  • Options
    @RogerTheTodger i think they are still working on the 4 player tournys so they may do that at some point.