Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Discussion

Who thinks the Ford GT is wayyy too expensive? But it is R2 class though, but still

Comments

• Options
    Steve wardSteve ward Registered Users 19 Posts
    edited August 2016
    Yeah
  • Options
    tru lyfetru lyfe Registered Users 1,305 Posts
    Yea
  • Options
    RACINGrivalsTradingRACINGrivalsTrading Registered Users 218 Posts
    Yea I know @Roush Sport but if I were to buy gems it would be a little under 50$ because $50 gets 2,500 gems, and that is a lot of money, and I understand what you saI'd about now forcing and I don't think it should cost $0.00, but at least a little lower, just a tiny bit is what I'm trying to say here
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Yea I know @Roush Sport but if I were to buy gems it would be a little under 50$ because $50 gets 2,500 gems, and that is a lot of money, and I understand what you saI'd about now forcing and I don't think it should cost $0.00, but at least a little lower, just a tiny bit is what I'm trying to say here

And how much is reasonable? No matter what price we set a car to, there are always players who claim we're greedy for wanting to make money. These cars aren't cost free. Take into account, Glu has to pay Ford for the car license. There are actual people that work on these cars. 2D artists, 3D artists, The guys who have to give the car the data it needs, etc etc. .

There are cars in the game that are for RRC. Most players can buy them. The cars we put out for gems are not for everyone. You don't need it. It's a luxury. If you have the means, and want to buy it, cool. Awesome. If you don't, then you don't. If I only have 5 bucks and I want something to eat, I'm gonna get something cheap. If I had $20 I could get a nicer meal. Both satisfy the hunger. But did I need that $20 meal? No, its nice to have though.

If you have to have every car in game, then you either need to buy it, or be patient like Roush Sport says and grind the different ways to get free gems. Or win one.

Bottom line is, running a game isn't cheap. We give the game for free, we need to make money to support it. This is how we do that.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    RACINGrivalsTradingRACINGrivalsTrading Registered Users 218 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst yes I understand what you are saying, I just want to see how much people think it's too expensive for their price range, that's all