Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Sentiments of a New Player

HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
I'm a new player - like seen the game back in November last year and played it the next month. Saw Racing Rivals in the store after scrolling down but then, it got my attention with "Turf Wars", "tuning" and "pinks" and I play the game up to this day. I may only have 10-11 cars right now but I enjoy racing every one of them. I recently learned about lobby tuning and met and read all what the people wrote in the community and contributed in this game.

I'll give this game a shot. I won't compromise and start asking for this, looking out for what should have been this and that, whatnot. Hell, I am giving this game a shot.

This game has the heart and soul, blood and sweat, tears of joy and sorrow of the people who play the game. That is what I see.

Every single day.

Other players might leave, sell or what ever they want to do with the game but the least thing I am not going to do is to give up.

I love this game - every single day.

I don't care what it used to be or should be. I race and use it with what it has now.

That's it. See you in the lobbies. B)

Comments

• Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    There's a few free tunes on the unsupported sales section. Check it out maybe it can help your garage grow
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    thanks @Billenium I got my Skyline GT-R tune through that and had my first pink. I'm feeling the surge of adrenelin (I'm not an adrenelin junkie - first stage is denial) every time I pink but I am successful in 2 out of 3 tries :D

I'm saving up gems to get my first R car (I'm not begging, I'll earn it and will be worthy in all your racing eyes!)
  • Options
    What's your ign I'll hook you up with a car
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    I'm good brother @Billenium :D

It is tempting and thanks for the offer (whisper: I'll look you up if I pinked my last car)
  • Options
    Sounds good
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Heyhey said:

I'm a new player - like seen the game back in November last year and played it the next month. Saw Racing Rivals in the store after scrolling down but then, it got my attention with "Turf Wars", "tuning" and "pinks" and I play the game up to this day. I may only have 10-11 cars right now but I enjoy racing every one of them. I recently learned about lobby tuning and met and read all what the people wrote in the community and contributed in this game.

I'll give this game a shot. I won't compromise and start asking for this, looking out for what should have been this and that, whatnot. Hell, I am giving this game a shot.

This game has the heart and soul, blood and sweat, tears of joy and sorrow of the people who play the game. That is what I see.

Every single day.

Other players might leave, sell or what ever they want to do with the game but the least thing I am not going to do is to give up.

I love this game - every single day.

I don't care what it used to be or should be. I race and use it with what it has now.

That's it. See you in the lobbies. B)

Glad you're enjoying the game! =)
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Aye, me myself have people under the impression that I think the game is garbage.

Let me just clarify, I don't think the game is bad. Sure, it is a very ugly game at the moment. And sure, it's buggy and unplayable for some. But at the core, it's still the game that has bought years of epic competition and enjoyment. Like Grafalgar told me, the game just needs some love. And that's what Carbonated will do. But don't expect overnight change. It'll take time but we'll get there.