Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Whats the secret?

PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
edited June 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Whats the secret to getting these bots to race you? Somebody gotta know something? Because sitting in lobbies with the bots for up to 40 mins is not working

Comments

• Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    If you are sitting in the lobby with the bot for that long, it means the bot is frozen and not working properly.

There is no "trick", so to speak. What you have to do is have an appropriate rated car, in the right lobby, at the right time (when the bot spawns). Provided your car is in the correct parameters (I don't know what they are specifically - no one does), you'll stand a better chance of being challenged to a race.

Even still - with the right car, right lobby at the right time - there's no guarantee that you will be challenged. It's a random luck of the draw type thing.

Part that is the most frustrating for me, is sitting in a lobby, with my boost on (as you can't toggle it once a bot challenges you...so if you are challenged and your boost is off...sucks to be you)...and my status message saying "Waiting for Han, don't challenge"....and people challenge me anyway. They then comment that I'm a jumper or whatever - and all I say is "read the damn status message".

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. Guess im just not lucky because i have the correct cars i reviewed all the previous forums on the topic and have just given up until they change the way the bots operate

• Options

Thanks for the response. Guess im just not lucky because i have the correct cars i reviewed all the previous forums on the topic and have just given up until they change the way the bots operate

If it's any consolation, I've been chasing Han for almost 2 weeks now - his is the only car I have left to collect...and I have yet to get a race from him (even with 3 accounts sitting in 50 rated lobbies).
  • Options
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > Thanks for the response. Guess im just not lucky because i have the correct cars i reviewed all the previous forums on the topic and have just given up until they change the way the bots operate
    >
    > If it's any consolation, I've been chasing Han for almost 2 weeks now - his is the only car I have left to collect...and I have yet to get a race from him (even with 3 accounts sitting in 50 rated lobbies).

Yeah thats who im chasing. He is the only bot car that i want. Glad to know im not the only one out here struggling with him

• Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    And if you see the bot in your lobby. Refresh I have yet to be challenged when I see him.. as soon as I se him in lobby. I refresh. And I usually get challenged 5-10 min later. Worked with Letty and has worked with Han...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    I dont know about luck of the draw but i know i saw the same guy get 4 races from little nobody while i sat there in the same car same rate and not a single challenge
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Oh Yeah f1 44 gets challenged and wins atleast 4-5 times a day..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > And if you see the bot in your lobby. Refresh I have yet to be challenged when I see him.. as soon as I se him in lobby. I refresh. And I usually get challenged 5-10 min later. Worked with Letty and has worked with Han...

I will give it a try

• Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > Thanks for the response. Guess im just not lucky because i have the correct cars i reviewed all the previous forums on the topic and have just given up until they change the way the bots operate
    >
    > If it's any consolation, I've been chasing Han for almost 2 weeks now - his is the only car I have left to collect...and I have yet to get a race from him (even with 3 accounts sitting in 50 rated lobbies).

I envy you guys (in a good way) of how much time on your hands you have to play the game...waiting for the FF bots, doing showdown etc etc... Damnn...you managed to get all FF bits !!!!!!!

With family and other priorities I'm left with just minutes to try and get whatever I can !
  • Options

> @Roush Sport said:

>

I envy you guys (in a good way) of how much time on your hands you have to play the game...waiting for the FF bots, doing showdown etc etc... Damnn...you managed to get all FF bits !!!!!!!

With family and other priorities I'm left with just minutes to try and get whatever I can !

I'm on while I'm at work. The job I do allows me the luxury of being on the game all day long (I'm not actively playing all day, but the game is always up on my phone). So, when the random challenge comes in, I can pick it up, run the race, and then set it back down. :)
  • Options
    j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    I got challenged by han while selling mills in a 1650 dart no special paint rims or anything
  • Options
    ninjaashpaltninjaashpalt Registered Users 4,903 Posts
    @j2 theizzo same. I think he likes running darts