Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Very Marketable Ideas

dvm28bpdvm28bp Registered Users 4 Posts
Hello Racing Rivals Devs and community, I have what you'd call a project proposal for a update to the game/addition of content. My main point will be focusing on, Classic cars, Showroom, Private lobbies you can invite multiple friends to and lastly to consider trying something that was in Cie Games Facebook game CarTown which I played for a long time until it was shut down.

My first idea is very marketable and you have the manufacturer licencees for, Mopar which is the parent branch for all Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Plymouth vehicles. I would personally like to see more Mopar in the game and how can you make profit off of this you might be asking well that's what I'm going to explain.
The 1967 Plymouth Satellite will be what my example branches from to show the range of marketability this has. The 1967 Plymouth Satellite was the Base Model of the 3 versions of this car, the Road Runner is the Mid-range Model and the GTX was top of the line. That gives that body style 3 models or if you look at it this way 3 tiers, Satellite could be sold in Showroom for cash and the Road Runner for gems(not a staggering high price but one that is fair otherwise people would not buy the Road Runner and instead the Satellite), leaving the GTX to be the option as a Turf car or a Crate car making top of the line toughest to get.
This could also be done with other cars that have 2 models on the same body like the Dodge Dart, Dart Swinger and Dart Swinger GT. I can't speak for everyone but I can say that I'd also like to see the Dodge Demon (old one clearly), Plymouth Duster, Charger SuperBee, 60s Dodge SuperBee, Dodge Daytona, Plymouth Super Bird, 60's Plymouth Barracuda, Dodge Coronet and Plymouth fury/Sport Fury. I think to have body styles from more than one year for some cars would be appreciated by not just me but other Classic car enthusiasts, meaning don't have just the 67 Plymouth Satellite/Road Runner/GTX have the 71 Plymouth Satellite/Road Runner/GTX.

The first idea ties into this one and with it, but not just on classic cars, I'm curious as to why no Pontiac cars but I think that might be something to interest people also. The same marketing method explained above could be used with Pontiac also. For example, Camaro was Chevrolet's highly liked cars, Pontiac had the Firebird and later branched as the Trans/Am or Firebird as the Camaro did branched from Camaro to also the Z28 Camaro and later the Z28 or Iroc-Z Camaro. basically Trans/Am or Firebird also to the store, I'm aware that they're almost always identical but that's why it wouldn't be hard to make small changes and release another lucrative car people want.
Those people who aren't so much into Classic Muscle cars might like this more so, I've grown up playing Grand Turismo 2 up to Grand Turismo 5. For any JDM fans I see cars that would be very popular if added as they're basically all the late 80's 90's JDM everyone is in love with and dream about. I think for a reasonable gems price would be fine or a cash price as a reasonably low gems price I'd pay for things and have for example the Honda cars in show room I played for the gems to buy them because it was reasonable which most people get if it doesn't break the bank. I also keep mentioning about making some for cash also because I think everyone would prefer that as I would myself but also anyone who might not be able to afford to spend money on the game it makes it so they would be able to get there favorite car also.
As for the list of cars I think would be a good addition to the game would be the following, bring back the 1992 Nissan Skyline BNR32, 88 Mazda Savannah RX-7 (FC), Nissan 180SX/240SX, Nissan Sileighty/Sil80(180SX with Silvia front end(bumper,headlights,fenders hood and so forth)), Nissan Onevia(Silvia s13 coupe with 180SX front end(headlights,bumper,fenders so forth)), Honda Del-Sol, Honda Civic Ferrio (or Civic Coupes from 90-00), Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution(IV, V, VI), Proper Toyota AE86 Levin & Trueno Hatch and coupe (fix current one to be JDM or offer both USDM & JDM), Mazda Miata, Nissan S14 Silvia and lastly as something for fun/ a joke, 96-98 Daihatsu Midget II.

Private lobbies, would make a lot of things better by being able to race as a team or a group of friends in one lobby. Private lobbies would fold out as a good thing being able to play alone and race just with your friends or team with no rules but it could also be used in another way which would be car shows. Myself and a friend who has a popular Instagram page with racing rivals followers there was one time he posted to tell his followers to come join us in Mopar cars to have a Mopar car show for fun. With the new system this isn't possible to do anymore and everyone enjoyed the Mopar meet and we would've had future ones but now that sadly isn't possible.

Last of all the idea which is a little hard to picture but would be interesting, bringing back CarTown's restoration system. Since the game doesn't run on Facebook you couldn't be able to share a post as ask friends to get parts for your restoration. Lets say there was a Junkyard added that you could go to and get 1 or 2 parts from daily then you could use them to restore your car like before and any parts you get from the Junkyard would go into your inventory where rims and blueprints are also stored. Basically you'd have to pay for the shell or junked/rust bucket cars you would be restoring but as you complete restorations you unlock other shells or junkers/rust buckets of a higher tier as you progress up the ladder the cars would be more exotic/rare and be a cooler car or vehicle as you progress, for example you might find a junker/shell 68 Buick Wildcat to restore as the first tier car and might find a 70 Chevy Nova as the next car and so on. I'm sure you can kinda picture what I mean and understand what I mean with the example I've given.

I'd like to extend a thanks for reading this and taking what I've wrote into consideration. I know I didn't mention any Euro cars but that is because I know vry little about them and don't want to be that guy who looks stupid and tries to talk about a genre of cars that they know nothing about. If a dev can PM me after they have looked this over and give me their opinion I'd appreciate that or at least to tell me that this has been looked at and read.

Once Again, Thanks