Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Sunday Night Shutdown - The End of Racing Rivals

eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

It's funny sometimes to think that a game could ever mean as much as this game has and the ones before it did. For me it was a means to replace the need I have to be part of a team and to be apart of something bigger then myself. To be able to take part in something like this for almost twenty years is surreal to me and is something I'll never forget. While most of you only played RR the dedication you all had for this version of the franchise was something I was blessed to see for years. The Esaychs and GTP's were replaced by the Lex's and Jeff's of RR. The hardnose racers from teams like Redline Dreams and Team Orange were replaced by the monsters like big red, Jeff and Franky. All in all although this game will die soon the shit we went through the people we helped during hard times in their lives to include fires, hurricanes and loss of loved ones is something that we as a community can forever be proud of. I've tried other games and none has a community like this franchise has had for more then a decade. We may not always have seen eye to eye but at the end of the day it's been an honor racing with all of you and having been able to share the experiences we did is something I'll always treasure and remember. If any of you should ever need me for anything please don't hesitate to reach out. This Sunday will be a celebration of memories instead of a mourning of shut down.

God bless

www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
2015 Players Council Member
2016 Players Council Member
2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko