Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Turf Reward Question

calamity coyotecalamity coyote Registered Users 24 Posts
So I'm curious if anyone knows if players on a team who do not contribute to the ranking of your team in an event also achieve the rewards? Sadly I am on a team where more than half the players are not racing. Past two events only had 7 and 5 players even get points and the last event I had the most points for everyone on the team. Everyone else was at 0. This is really sad when I am limited to time available to play and usually with very poor signals. I may not be near as high on points as I've seen some of the other teams pull in, but at least I'm trying. When I collect the reward at the end of the event for our team standings I am left wondering if those who did nothing are getting the reward also. Seems unfair if they do.

Comments

• Options
    racer blue 46racer blue 46 Registered Users 1,124 Posts
    Everyone in team will also get reward too, even if they have 0 point
  • Options
    racer blue 46racer blue 46 Registered Users 1,124 Posts
    By the way if u want to merge your team with my we can do that also I got a few none active player that I well kick out after turf, in my team u have to have more then 2k point to stay
  • Options
    Was afraid of that. Thanks for answering.

I've been considering going to a new team. However like I said, I simply do not have unlimited hours to put in to it. Last event I got just over 2500 (which was the highest for the whole team) and that's pure race and win points. I don't bet, pink or boost so no additional points there. Mind you I didn't have eligible cars for two of the showdowns. What I missed out on those I made up for in the unlimited showdown running all 7 of my cars till they were needing repairs and then repeating when fixed again. Currently I am just over 1800 (again highest for the team). So I don't see too many high ranking teams wanting me on board.
  • Options
    Dragon883Dragon883 Registered Users 36 Posts
    I agree that it sux being 1 of for or five active player on a team of 15 to 20. The inactive sit back and reap the rewards of our ( the actives) hard work. But it's all up to your team leaders and co-leaders whom stays and goes. A good team leader will constantly clean house research and invite new members. But like yourself not everyone can play all the time. But it would be nice to see them atleast try to put up a point or two
  • Options
    Yeah, our leader isn't much help either. Even he's been sitting at 0 points for the past few events and theirs no co-leaders either to help keep things in check. What really sucks is you can't even talk to others or message them unless you catch them in the game so I can't even address the issue for better management with the leader. I wish their was a way to leave messages for individuals while they are off line so they can see when they do check in. I'm not asking for a top of the chart competitive team here. Just one that everyone participates to the best of their ability and not loaf off of everyone else. I've even considered starting a new team and pulling the few who do actually participate with me. Do you know what is involved in starting a team? Does it cost anything?
  • Options
    CuratorXAngelusCuratorXAngelus Registered Users 30 Posts
    Join Authentic Autos....idc how far up we get in Turf, just that you actually try and race and get points for the Turf
  • Options
    Join Authentic Autos....idc how far up we get in Turf, just that you actually try and race and get points for the Turf
    How many spaces do you have open right now? I've got one other guy from my team who actually tries as well and we've already agreed to either finding a new team or creating one. I've also got a buddy who has recently become interested in the game an I'd like to drag him along too. Thanks for the invite.