Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Best Suggestion Ever to Fix 99% of the Problems in this Game!

Mikecart1Mikecart1 Registered Users 38 Posts
I won't name other game titles that are 10x more successful than Racing Rivals, but I think it is sad that I am the only one that has suggested this ULTIMATE FIX for this game. The biggest problem with this game is that it wants to run in real-time. Well newsflash! 3G, 4G, etc. ain't cutting it. Not when some dinky App Store game can take up to 1 GB or more space on a phone. I mean to put this into perspective, Dreamcast and early PS1 games - which were 100x better than this game, deeper, better, etc. fit on a single CD! CD meaning 700 MB!

So what is this fix? The fix is to REMOVE real time. Go back to TURN-BASED gaming. For those unaware of this fantastic terminology, that means you go, wait, and then opponent goes.

This is how it is done with dozens of the top 50 games in the App store!

In Racing Rivals, it would fix glitches, freezes, etc. This is because your turn is only valid if you complete a full run. If your phone decides to get stupid, you just restart your phone and resubmit another run!

C'mon guys! This isn't rocket science! I'm smart, but not computer programming gaming smart! :p

Comments

• Options
    Dankness420Dankness420 Registered Users 266 Posts
    Turn Based gaming really? The same issues with occur, and each race will take about 3x as long. Its simple CIE just needs big servers to host the game, instead of relying on peoples wifi and 4g connection, but lets be honset thats not going to happen.

The game is the way it is, I dont think there's ever going to be a total fix in years. I know there struggle, as I've said before I owned my own rsps, only difference was I hosted it on a virtual server through host gator, my point Is I had the same exact issues, glitches, freezes, black screen of death, you can try all the coding you want but the same issues will occur, no program is every perfect.

Turn Based gaming is not the answer!
  • Options
    Well people complain a lot about losing their cars because the game froze or something and that their times were slow or got DNF. Turn based gaming would fix all this. Your submitted race will be one free of errors. Turn based gaming also helps those in bad connection places or get a lost connection during a race. It would also help improve times because you aren't relying on the other racer's connection to be ready. This way you will be ready to start on green without having to wait different times depending on who you are racing for the actual race to start. In other games with turn based gaming, there are no errors at all and nearly 0 hacking. A lot of the hacking is because people know how to take advantages of the connection flaws and can steal other people's cars easily.
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    if you were to use turn base, how would that work if the first person fouls out? will the opponent see that and decide not to boost their car or even not use nos to reduce engine stress. it would be a great idea but like what dankness said it will take to long to finish one race. longer to do deals.
  • Options
    You don't know. That is the key. It is on each racer to make their race the very best. That is one option. Another option is to allow 2 fouls and a max of 3 tries. If a person fouls the 3rd time, that is their problem.

So IMO, yes the opponent gets to see what the other does. They go. Their opponent sees what they do. And it repeats. It has worked well with many other games and it is fair so each person gets to see the other persons race and/or time EVERY OTHER race. In this other game where you complete a course, if you fail to complete it in 3 tries, the other person already knows and it is their job to just complete the course and disregard the time.

If you are racing someone using boost 24/7, then stop racing them!

Turn-based gaming is the most fair and most proven way to EVEN the PLAYING field. TRUST ME!
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    No.
  • Options
    Duke ChaladoDuke Chalado Registered Users 46 Posts
    Literally the main thing I like about this game is real time competition... If it went to the I go you go system, I'd quit along with 1000's of others... part of the thrill is watching your opponent lose...
  • Options
    SKIZZYSKIZZY Registered Users 40 Posts
    I'm with duke that's why I love to play this game just not because I like cars and drag racing. I play it for the adrenalin rush I get from racing pinks or big stakes money, there's times I have to put this iPad down and walk it off, cuz I'm shaking with adrenalin so much from a race. That right there is one major reasone I'm hooked to this game is the live action real time thrill of it all.... Yea there's some hacks..but honestly what mmo,or online game dosent have hacks and cheats,,, he'll even a lil game like dragons world and candy crush have hacks,, you can't get mad at cie for all the problems, get mad at all the lil dumb shits, that have to jail break and use hack tools and glitches to make them self feel like a real competor .. When in reality there the one kid that would get there asses whooped in consol video games by there best friends during sleep overs, ohh no I need to go buy me a game genie for my Nintendo cuz I can't high score on Mario boohoo waaaaa waaaaaa!!!!!! BUT CIE DIDNT HAVE TO MAKE THIS GAME!! Hell THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO MAKE IT FREE BUT THEY DID FOR THE PURE IDEA OF YOU HAVEING FUNN!!!! "LEARN TO ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES LIFE THROWS UR WAY IF NOT JUST STAY DOWN FOR THE COUNT CUZ UR NOT WORTH THE FIGHT" that's my quote T,S
  • Options
    240z240z Registered Users 152 Posts
    Mikecart1 wrote: »
    I won't name other game titles that are 10x more successful than Racing Rivals, but I think it is sad that I am the only one that has suggested this ULTIMATE FIX for this game. The biggest problem with this game is that it wants to run in real-time. Well newsflash! 3G, 4G, etc. ain't cutting it. Not when some dinky App Store game can take up to 1 GB or more space on a phone. I mean to put this into perspective, Dreamcast and early PS1 games - which were 100x better than this game, deeper, better, etc. fit on a single CD! CD meaning 700 MB!

So what is this fix? The fix is to REMOVE real time. Go back to TURN-BASED gaming. For those unaware of this fantastic terminology, that means you go, wait, and then opponent goes.

This is how it is done with dozens of the top 50 games in the App store!

In Racing Rivals, it would fix glitches, freezes, etc. This is because your turn is only valid if you complete a full run. If your phone decides to get stupid, you just restart your phone and resubmit another run!

C'mon guys! This isn't rocket science! I'm smart, but not computer programming gaming smart! :p

Reading this just pissed me off.

Sure it could possibly fix problems but nobody is gonna play a perfect game that's not fun!

In a Nutshell. Glitches here and there aren't gonna ruin a game that's fun. But a shortcut that gets rid of a core feature of the game is gonna ruin this game way more than some glitches.
  • Options
    khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    I do not know was wrong but my not run so fast can fix for me please
  • Options
    Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    The REAL fix for this game is to fix the glitches, delete everyone's profile and relaunch the game on the App Store, as well as the forums. Then start recruiting more good mods and customer support, start recognising car trades, start banning scammers and start detecting more hacks.

Now that would improve the game. It needs a fresh start after all these years.
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • Options
    REAd fix my game
  • Options
    Fix me now