Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

A Burning Question For People Who Play This On Their Iphones

thepurplecow153thepurplecow153 Registered Users 13 Posts
Has anyone experienced their phone overheating while playing this game. I haven't really had this problem until recently and this problem isnt simply a byproduct of excessive gameplay. In spite of fully restarting my phone and allowing it to completely cool, my phone begins to heat up promptly upon opening the app and playing for a few minutes. My phone heats up so much, making it extremely uncomfortable to play and I'm sure even worse for the phones health. FYI, I use an iphone 5 to play this game. If anyone has or has had similar issues and knows how to fix this, your input would be GREATLY appreciated.

- Thanks in advance -

Comments

• Options
    jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    I constantly have this problem
  • Options
    Martin295Martin295 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Happens to me and i have a ipad
  • Options
    thunt3hunnathunt3hunna Registered Users 1,379 Posts
    only when charging for me
  • Options
    IM SLOWWIM SLOWW Registered Users 9 Posts
    Only while charging for me
  • Options
    Chris.erChris.er Registered Users 131 Posts
    Happens to me on my iPhone 4 and iPad mini after 15 minutes of racing. I even tried to turn down the brightness same thing. If I plug my devices in to charge it's worse I have to get off it gets way to hot and both my products are in perfect working condition the iPads not even a yr old. My phones old but I mostly play on the iPad and chat to friends with my phone at the same time :)
  • Options
    shafin364shafin364 Registered Users 629 Posts
    Happens to me too and I also use iPhone 5
    What I would suggest you to do is lower your brightness while playing the game... Might solve some issues
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Same here while charging.. I use an otter box and it helps not to heat up my hands.
  • Options
    Dragon883Dragon883 Registered Users 36 Posts
    Happens to me too. My phone is a 5s. 2 weeks old and it gets hot. My 4g gets hot aswell. Also the game eats my battery. From full charge it takes about 20 mins. of RR play and I'm down to 20% battery. About three mins later it's tell me I'm down to 10%. And I have turned down my brightness and have NO other app open while playing. In fact it habit for my to turn an app of as soon as I click out of it. Just to save the battery