Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

turf lobbies jacked?

nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
Multiple accounts, multiple lobby ratings, and have seen this

1650 gt500 everyone runing 10-11 Sseconds unboosted, down to 9.5 boosted... have seen a few people run9.2s

63 lobby... most people doing 8.7-9.2 then a guy runs 8.2

almost like they are getting into a lower lobby

anyone else seeing this

Comments

• Options
    Yep even detuned a ppint, reset amd joined to make sure
  • Options
    2slow ty2slow ty Registered Users 509 Posts
    what rating are you on? you might actually be in the higher lobby

coming from someone who knows the rating caps
  • Options
    BmwfanaticBmwfanatic Registered Users 586 Posts
    I was running 9.1 on 1656 lobby
  • Options
    kylerigginskyleriggins Registered Users 254 Posts
    What exactly are the rating intervals guys? Anyone know?
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Rooms are not calculated by car ratings.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    if you gues are talking about the c class event. its all about knowing how to tune and learning how to drive the car. if you were driving a sti or zx on a 56 lobby, people who dont know shift point will be running high 9"s im runnig 9.0xx on 56 lobby
  • Options
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n704574]Rooms are not calculated by car ratings.[/QUOTE]
    they how do i know each rating intervals for each turf lobby.
  • Options
    1 darknight 11 darknight 1 Registered Users 966 Posts
    Same question could you elaborate more on the subject please ?
  • Options
    Same question could you elaborate more on the subject please ?
    they are based on specific raging intervals
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    I'd love to, but I can't. I'm just reiterating what Foxx has said in the past and what still rings true. Rooms are not sorted by ratings. It just somehow works out to seem like it is, but if you base everything on ratings alone, you would be inaccurate.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    justwonderingjustwondering Registered Users 135 Posts
    noticed that you didn't have to spend gems on a car to compete this time either??? hmmmm.... seems like the trade off is a jacked up lobby system
  • Options
    justwonderingjustwondering Registered Users 135 Posts
    My car will literally jump rating (with a relog even). If I log in... look at my car in the garage it will say 1647... i change NOTHING and enter the turf lobby and its a 1645... I relog and change NOTHING and it jumps again... hmmmm
  • Options
    Player PreviaPlayer Previa Registered Users 3 Posts
    That exAct thing happens to me,
  • Options
    ChevellesruleChevellesrule Registered Users 108 Posts
    What's the explanation for that Ryyst? How do we tune our cars to match the guys with 500 car garages if we can even get a solid answer on the ratings for our cars between garage and lobby? Oh yeah, one of my Civic type Rs was rated 1650 earlier today? Not trying to call you out of be too picky, it just makes the game very tough to be successful at if all these variables are changing but we have no control!
  • Options
    gdmfsbgdmfsb Registered Users 344 Posts
    Same here on jumping had a car kept Goin from 47-52 without me changing a thing
  • Options
    doofsterdoofster Registered Users 12 Posts
    ive noticed something weird also with the way lobbys work. i have 3 subi's a 1648, 1649, and 1650 rating and all 3 put me in diffrent rooms each that was just confusing. mainly because thought the so called room caps went from 1645 to 1650. but my car ratings have been changing plus double install on parts again that throw off the rating also.
  • Options
    AKA poloAKA polo Registered Users 25 Posts
    It's actually different for me, I had cars ranging from 1643 to 1651 and they all got put in the same lobby. Refreshed the game and their ratings changed every single time I did it. Did the same thing in d class where downing to 1640ish still put me in maxed lobbys.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I had an sti rated at high 1650. I removed a part (0.9 hp and 0.5 weight) and I was a 1648. I reinstalled the part and it was a 1651. Needless to say that car is sitting this turf out.
  • Options
    BlownKit245BlownKit245 Registered Users 191 Posts
    I have to I've seen people in a 1639 lobby going 8.9
  • Options
    RayBanManRayBanMan Registered Users 1,048 Posts
    its weird..my 1656 evo was in rooms w evos running 8.6s...i had to go down to 1654 to get in the lobby. then with first event my gt500 was runnin 9.2 then i pinks corvette who runs 8 5...
  • Options
    My problem is that according to Ryyst... There is no good way of knowing what that person can run... Thus making Any race a potential loss. Maybe a single car event, with maxed tune is the only safe race. There is a very strong consensus that turf lobbies are around ratings. There is nothing remotely fair about a 1+ second gap in a lobby when both cars are running boosted when the formula is unknown... The rating system is aimed at judging speed and how a car will perform, yet if turf lobbies are not using this system, how do you know when a way faster person will get added to your lobby. This past week was prime example because it was by class. It is like comparing a maxed car time to a stage 2 time, and saying its fair...