Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

always in same rooms with same players?

roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
Anyone else is always getting stuck in same rooms with same players?

And when I hit refresh (to change room), it just shuffles the players in the room, but I stay in the same room.

So I end up racing the same players over and over. The only way to race different players is to use a car with a different rating.

This is really boring...
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    NJFINESTNJFINEST Registered Users 252 Posts
    Its been like that for along time already. Its stupid i wish they would change it
  • Options
    aznryda1aznryda1 Registered Users 2,088 Posts
    yeah especially in turf when you are trying to avoid an annoying person. ex: i have a rx-7 spec, opponent has a stella. challenges me to get easy points
  • Options
    ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    I get that a lot also. I can't explain it, I just keep racing the same people.

Trouble is, when you have a big SC rating no one wants to race you and they keep chickening out.

It's ok in TW because you get free points, but it does get boring racing every other day.
  • Options
    red fuelred fuel Registered Users 155 Posts
    Yeah say 6 ppl from my team all in a 1650 only a few are in same room as me and the others are in room together with totally different ppl I've never seen b4.!?
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Yep, long time issue.. I've brought it up to the dev's but... Well, we know what they said already.
  • Options
    Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    Same here...before ratings update I had at least 2 rooms of people to race. Now, unless I switch cars, Im stuck w same group, but then those people are in same room all day too. Can't understand with so many people playing this game how that happens. Possibly a server issue but in either case it makes the game blah after a weekend of turfing.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    i will look into the rating shifting, but if your at a certain rating min-maxing then your going to be in the same room as all the other people min-maxing, but as i said ill look into it
  • Options
    Fox, we must not be explaining it right.. What's happening is we will enter a lobby and there will be, say 10 people. Then we click to refresh rooms and we stay in the same room. There can't be only 10 people playing at that rating in the middle of TW.. There's got to be much more people online than that. Also, when someone on our team (or my son) will be in the same car/same rating we won't see each other. I'll have the same ole group of people I have been racing since day one. The team member will be in a completely different room with totally new (to me) people.
  • Options
    hmm alright thanks mud ill go into it
  • Options
    Maybe you guys are regrouping players by experience level?

I really don't get it how I keep seeing the same players, even on different days...
  • Options
    I was starting to think this was the case.
  • Options
    mguidry629mguidry629 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Same happens to me. Same ppl since turf started. I have one account that puts me in a different group of ppl. That's the only solution I've found. Make a new account and hope that you get grouped with different players. Since the last update, it's been just like digger and Roe said in non-turf rooms. Join a room and your stuck there no matter how many time you switch or go back to garage.
  • Options
    we have been grouping by experience but only on the low end. Im still going through this.
  • Options
    so all 250 level will play together in a 1649 car (exemple)?

I don't know if you realise how boring this is getting... I only have one account. So I can't mix up the group of people I'm racing against...

Now I understand why people create new account every week or so...
  • Options
    TZA, Paulie Z, BIGOASS, DOC DA, Charger slider 11, Therazor22 and I could go on and on and on. If I'm driving same rating as them, I'm in their room...

There are thousand of players, so I shouldn't race the same players over and over all the time?
  • Options
    i will work on it roe. Bear with me
  • Options
    I believe in you! :-)

I know you meant well by regrouping players by experience level, but unless you can prevent players from making multiples accounts, this is useless, and unfair for players with only one account.
  • Options
    Razoor112Razoor112 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 222 Posts
    It's not just on a one week bassis, you'll see the same ppl every week, and if they switch to a different rating when you do, they will be in that lobby with you also
  • Options
    I know, turf after turf, week after week I'm always with same people until they change account. I guess I'm gonna have to change account too. Plus with multiple accounts, Cie gives them multiple rewards (Z4, Ford GT-R, etc...)
  • Options
    Fox any update with this b4 I start making new accounts? Or does android come b4 us iOS users who spend $$ on game
  • Options
    AllaynaAllayna Registered Users 533 Posts
    I echo what everyone says here. Makes turf racing stale... Same people kicking my azz week after week. Let me try to beat some new folks! :) iOS has thousands of players eh? Android thousands eh? We should be able to refresh rooms and have a slew of people to race! This would be a good fix! Hope we see it....
  • Options
    Mseat68Mseat68 Registered Users 40 Posts
    I think the devs need to create some undercover accounts so that they can experience this type of stuff without getting bombarded with challenges. It may give them some clues on why this is happening, and how frustrating this can be.
  • Options
    Bump. Admin any insite in this yet.
  • Options
    working on it, but its not an instantaneous thing
  • Options
    let's bumb this to the top! :)
  • Options
    its an issue with our sorting system, we are working on a fix now and will have it out as soon as possible. Its one of the first things to go out.
  • Options
    CrankyJCrankyJ Registered Users 105 Posts
    Glad to hear you're working on it! It does get boring going into a 1649 or 50 room and being the only one in there. Time passes and I might we 3 or 4 other racers. Then they're usually the same ones... LOL
  • Options
    still happening LOL
  • Options
    3 months later... same problem...
  • Options
    KEVKEYKEVKEY Registered Users 92 Posts
    Yep... been racing the same guys for the last months during TW, especially 1668 and max...