Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Racing Rivals on Facebook

zondamanzondaman Registered Users 378 Posts
Developers- I just started playing Racing Rivals on my browser. First of all, awesome! Game play was really smooth and navigating was much quicker than on my devices.

Problems- why not make the NOS, Shift and throttle buttons that can be used on the keyboard? It's near impossible to play clicking with the mouse and is pretty much useless when we can get faster times on our phones or ipads. The idea is awesome and if driving was a little more like it is on our devices it would be fantastic. Everything else worked great, driving was horrible though. Also, what's up with the launch button being different every single race? Makes no sense whatsoever, again...if we can go faster on our devices what's the point? Just some thoughts and suggestions. It's an awesome concept and the graphics were insane! It's just not very user friendly as far as actually racing though. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    zondamanzondaman Registered Users 378 Posts
    Ok, cool. The launch control makes sense then, I can understand that. As long as the other buttons become more user friendly it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    SecaSeca Registered Users 1 Posts
    is there anyway that we can have a reset game on the facebook app so we can start over aswell?
  • Options
    Jrive09Jrive09 Registered Users 453 Posts
    yeah i agree with everything zonda said. maybe use the space bar for the rev and shift to shift lol. its nice that its more accessible to people who dont have smart phones or tablets. appreciate all the work guys!
  • Options
    RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Lutzburg;n914908]The reason the launch button is a different key (and is somewhat hard to read) is intentional because it prevents cheaters from creating scripts to manually run races on their PCs endlessly, getting perfect times over and over.[/QUOTE]
    Ha! That's the solution to script prevention?! That's humorous.
  • Options
    SeddyxSeddyx Registered Users 15 Posts
    is the game new on facebook? i too just noticed it yesterday.

also why does it say there are 500 000+ monthly users, surely that cant be right
  • Options
    Millionaire MotorsMillionaire Motors Registered Users 514 Posts
    Is it getting stuck on anybody else on the loading screen? I've reloaded my browser, restarted my PC, etc...
    Does it matter that my account is already linked to my facebook? Wouldn't it load that account?
  • Options
    SavagexlSavagexl Registered Users 83 Posts
    I agree its nice to have it on the PC, but would my much easier with buttons.
    Also i seen it said coming to Amazon soon? that will be nice i can put it on the girlfriends kindle lol!!!
  • Options
    again, why does it say there are 500 000+ monthly users? any dev care to explain
  • Options
    yea i get that except there is no way in hell that there are actually half a million people playing the game when on the uk app store it doesnt even have any rating and besides if there were half a mil people the forums would be pretty active as opposed to what they are now which is semi active at best
  • Options
    trinidudetrinidude Registered Users 53 Posts
    Set it up like how it was on nitto legends mouse for acceleration, up arrow/W button for shifting and right arrow/D button for nitrous.
  • Options
    laxhero2laxhero2 Registered Users 808 Posts
    Bumping this up I would also like to see keyboard controls better.
  • Options
    onthegoonthego Registered Users 2 Posts
    how can i open racing rivals in facebook im stuck on loading static data ive been download the thing that pops out but im still stuck need help :) email me aracanoid@gmail.com