Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Sale of Virtual Goods/Currency for Real Money

Comments

• Options
    arexs12arexs12 Registered Users 607 Posts
    the only solution i can see is to bring down the virtual gem and cash price on that virtual store... sell some other customization products improve the game and make it better. Make the cash and gem value on your store more on reality. would you think who is the person that will going to buy cash worth 100$ just to upgrade their class R cars? that also in 1 click they can lost on pinks dnf or because of system failures?
  • Options
    gypsyshowdowngypsyshowdown Registered Users 344 Posts
    Sweet..but cie..wouldn't you make a shed load more cash if you sold millions yourself for $5...I mean sure some people might buy for $100 but vast majority won't..put your prices down and make a killing..or am I wrong?..all this trading goes on because people can't pay the prices you ask..as for being scammed..we know the risk but it makes the game playable since your prices are so ridiculous
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    ...........Why are y'all still complaining? He said he would not delete PayPal threads. Now stop complaining before he changes his mind..
  • Options
    gypsyshowdowngypsyshowdown Registered Users 344 Posts
    Personally if you dropped your prices down dramatically I would throw my money at it cos it's a great game with a great community..sure your goal is to make lots of money and why not?..people would love this game if prices were where they should be..make tons of money but make the game fun and enjoyable..the game development world is very competitive but developers should also want to make their games affordable and fun for all
  • Options
    TheBoostedGTheBoostedG Registered Users 127 Posts
    You said " what do we get out of buying cars and money for the game... Nothing!? The answer you were looking for was fun or enjoyment! People will buy extra money and good cars for real money because for them it makes the game more enjoyable. Far more enjoyable than spending £70 on a 1milrrc etc. I mean the only reason you don't condone the sales is because you priced yourself well out of the game and aren't making any money!! Paypal is a far safer method of transaction compared to in game. As another member said we appreciate you taking the time to explain the tos etc but it's a coverup for the fact that your being hypercritical of the fact you and we sell goods we don't own. Your no different to us your just more costly and far less enjoyable. The way you will solve this is to make rrc considerably cheaper in game so we don't have to sell via paypal anymore. Simple.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I don't mean to keep this post going because the original issue is resolved, but I have to say CIE , in this depression the game is in lower your cash price to $5 to $7 a mil. Then call the armored car service because you would need it. You would most definetly make more money than at $99.99 a mil. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    heat burnout 323heat burnout 323 Registered Users 619 Posts
    Well this is bs
  • Options
    And you know what heat burnout 323 the top racers and the fastest racers on this game buy AND sell so I don't know what you are implying but I do buy AND sell and just today told a guy I will give him my turf sport subi since he got scamed out of his. This forum is getting to know me and I do my fair share of damage in pinks. So I don't understand what your post is supposed to mean, buy all means elaborate.
  • Options
    Well after hours of no response I assume you digress. Don't assume people buying cars have no garage. That's just a stupid assumption.
  • Options
    RawsRaws Registered Users 527 Posts
    All ive got to say is if you made mills 5 bucks per do you know how much money you would make? Shit loads is the answer because its cheaper way more people will buy, the outside sales will stop and the economy will be right again
  • Options
    Prosthetic HeadProsthetic Head Registered Users 15 Posts
    Perhaps if your currency in game wasn't so pricey this would be a viable option. At any given moment I can buy about 9mils for the price that you charge for 1mil. How are you saying with a straight face that we are not to do that but rather buy our currency in game?
  • Options
    BenelliThePegasusBenelliThePegasus Registered Users 67 Posts
    ok look heres the problem that everyone is trying to tell you ryyst 1 we cant sell virtual cars for real money but yet we need gems to purchase certain cars and that requires getting real money to buy virtual cars yet you say we cant buy virtual cars with real money yet your sales require real money to get very good cars like rotana and C7 im still not understanding this concept
  • Options
    EnCRypTedEnCRypTed Registered Users 644 Posts
    It's ok, deals are or aren't made between 2 parties. No big deal. Ryyst helps out a lot and we appreciate the feedback. Let's get to racing!
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Honestly if they sold mills for 20-30 bux people would buy it like hot cakes, cause the dirty money is dwindling and those who have a lot are holding on to it or selling for an income
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    NickjjNickjj Registered Users 316 Posts
    I find it funny that Ryyst has not yet commented back to the 10 people that said the virtual currency/gem prices are way to high they obviously think the prices are fair I guess.
  • Options
    Mpetz89Mpetz89 Registered Users 3,077 Posts
    I feel anything I have purchased with my own money I now own lol money hungry game all they r worried about is def not u getting ripped off its that their money isn't going into their pockets pathetic so ur telling me if u go to a store an purchase sumthing with money u own u don't own it? Lol too funny
  • Options
    venum 671venum 671 Registered Users 106 Posts
    I think cie as the developers of the game should enforce certain aspects of any trade/sell of cars in-game. if a person gets scammed and the affected individual can show valid proof that they were scammed then that person should be banned. it would stop this kind of bs in the game and would show that the developers care about their customers...if not then I'd go and play csr racing...no scams allowed there
  • Options
    TrilzTrilz Registered Users 28 Posts
    If it's not supported to sell or trade then why can't I buy cars from the showroom?
  • Options
    gstring6988gstring6988 Registered Users 14 Posts
    Understand this the in game contents does belong to glu but if we sell it for real money the item still belongs to glu it doesn't go anywhere else the law states if a company owns rights to an item that item can't be sold for the purpose of use elsewhere ex in another game or advertisement. It doesn't matter what your rules are you still have to follow the law of the state or country
  • Options
    spazinfectionspazinfection Registered Users 88 Posts
    This is why a UCL needs to be put into the game. Its boring if we can't safely trade sell buy cars. Idk why you haven't put one into the game yet....you would see a big drop in scams by doing this....
  • Options
    STERLINGBEAST50STERLINGBEAST50 Registered Users 23 Posts
    I have spent a bunch of money on this game. Now I cant even race in it because of bugs in it with last android update. I went to sell my account on Ebay to get the money back I have dumped into it. Auction canceled. LOL, this is getting old RR Ryst. Can you tell me if that money is basically a waste or will I ever be able to play again? Since I cant recoupe my money I have spent (a fair amount was right before crash too) can you at least give me some hope that there is a fix in sight so I can play again?
  • Options
    SantitasHeartSantitasHeart Registered Users 45 Posts
    that sounds dumb bro CIE makes all of this so they can do whatever they want.....its like when u buy a cellphone on contract its physically in your posession but its never really yours until you pay it off well same concept with the exception that u can never pay it off.....now i agree CIE is money hungry but u have to be because well the licenses for these cars are not free , developing is not free , servers are not free , maintanance is not free so what do u expect they make a game with all these nice ass cars and everything is free ?.....come on its a game yes but its also business ,
  • Options
    SantitasHeartSantitasHeart Registered Users 45 Posts
    that sounds dumb bro CIE makes all of this so they can do whatever they want.....its like when u buy a cellphone on contract its physically in your posession but its never really yours until you pay it off well same concept with the exception that u can never pay it off.....now i agree CIE is money hungry but u have to be because well the licenses for these cars are not free , developing is not free , servers are not free , maintanance is not free so what do u expect they make a game with all these nice ass cars and everything is free ?.....come on its a game yes but its also business ,
  • Options
    Stinky4291Stinky4291 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Just allow trade and sells like in the real world but take a percentage like everyone does in real life . Well might have to make a small fee for trades but if you do that you will get you money.
  • Options
    SurvivalxpertSurvivalxpert Registered Users 2,117 Posts
    So if I sell a million rrc for 5$ I can get banned?
  • Options
    6philly4206philly420 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 14 Posts
    i haven't read most of this but i did read a comment about making the game more addicting. i played when game 1st came out....put it back down an went back to nitto. The game was so boring i forgot about it untill today. now if CIE would make the game more like nitto more people would play or stay. the idea of UCL has been around sense day 1 back in 2013. they have yet to do it.....glad its made its way to android but it still crashes an tons of other problems......step it up, quit being money hungry
  • Options
    RIPPER33RIPPER33 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 2 Posts
    RRYST,
    I was named for buying RR CASH from another player.
    I used my own hard earned $$ to purchase. It says above that I won't get banned for this but yet I've been banned. Can you please help with my account. I've spent thousands buying gems, cats.. If you look up my account info you'll see the proof! Your losing a top customer because I bought RR cash from another player!! Please help! R1P P3R
  • Options
    RIPPER33RIPPER33 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 2 Posts
    R1P P3R is My game name!! Thanks
  • Options
    nimrodsnimrods Registered Users 2 Posts
    Personally, I don't think you own our things per say, We earn the things we do on your game, and you still earn real currency, so i think we have every right to sell things for real currency. You guys are very greedy and are money hungry. 100$ for a mill? WOW! look a game is ment to be played you guys still make alot of money. Inorder to have a sucessful game, you guys need to give in some moeny for example, GET A TRADE SYSTEM. People quit because of scammers so your are just losing money. Buying your car back. 11k diamonds for a maxed subaru concept? Dude you expect me to pay 200+ dollars for my car back? I would like for you guys to reply, i really enjoy this game, so please listen to us consumers. If you pay attention to consumers you will have a better rating on google play. All im saying is stop trying to earn money no one like greedy companies if you really love your fans, give us freedom
  • Options
    Ricardore94Ricardore94 Registered Users 31 Posts
    null your so right