Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Sale of Virtual Goods/Currency for Real Money

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
UPDATE

We've currently posted our new Terms of Service policy under Glu as we are now a part of Glu Mobile. Some of you have pointed out that the sale of virtual property for real world currency is a bannable offense. Technically this is not new. It also wasn't allowed under the Terms of Service under Cie Studios. In fact, this statement is almost true of any online game. Game developers pretty much own everything in a game, even your accounts and your "items". So selling something in game for real currency equates to you selling our property for money. You don't own it, so you shouldn't sell it.

Will we ban your account for doing so. Probably not, but we retain the right to do so. We know we really can't sop it, and we probably won't try, but we'll never say it's okay and we'll never say that we might not do something about it in the future. Basically if you choose to sell our property for real world currency, you do so at your own risk. Buyers of said property you also do so at your own risk. We cannot help you if you get "ripped off".

As for the trading, selling and buying of virtual items for virtual currency, while not being recognized or condoned by the Racing Rivals team, it's not a bannable offense. You just, again, do so at your own risk, we will not assist with any issues that may arise.

You can review our new Terms of Service here: www.glu.com/legal
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13

Comments

• Options
    Waldo8829Waldo8829 Registered Users 116 Posts
    thank you for the reasonable explination, theres a lot of controversy over this subject and this clears it up a little
  • Options
    Darkd00mDarkd00m Registered Users 2,685 Posts
    How is this even true? You guys sell cars and virtual currency for real money as well. So how is it ok for you guys to sell something we never rightfully OWN! If this is your arguement then any in game purchases I have made I should rightfully be able to sell. :)
  • Options
    No. As I said in my post.. you purchase the right to virtual currency to use in game. We reserve the right to take it away if we wanted. Does tha tmean, we will. No, as I said, you can do with it what you want, within the confines of the game. However, it's not yours to sell outside of the game.

From our ToS:

Regardless of the means of transfer, the direct or indirect redemption or transfer of Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency for real world money, goods or other items of value by or from any party is strictly prohibited except where expressly authorized within the Services. Any attempt to do so is in violation of these Terms and may result in an immediate termination of your user Account and access to the Services, as well as possible legal action.

• Options
    And I would also think that' any purchases in game through CIE should be considered a rip off aswell if we still do not OWN our cars. So putting money into your game now sounds pretty stupid if u put it that way!
  • Options
    JonnyThreeWheelsJonnyThreeWheels Registered Users 657 Posts
    You should put in the Terms of Agreement that you can't stand to make money off the game. ISSUE SOLVED
  • Options
    The way u put it... It sounds like anything real money spent on this game whether via another player or CIE sounds worthless. I understand u won't take them away but ur also saying that u can and will if u feel like it is needed, thus making our in game purchases kinda worthless.
  • Options
    xlcoalitionxlcoalition Registered Users 155 Posts
    Quick, someone... anyone who is complaining make a board somewhere else specifically for real world currency sales and spread around a link to it. Problem solved? I dont particularly agree with this either, its my money I earned it and I will spend it how ever ++++ well please. Just like they run the game and this forum and will do with them whatever they please
  • Options
    You're entitled to your point of view. What are you purchasing exactly? Money to spend on cars. Where can you use those cars? In the game. What can you do with virtual currency outside of this game? Nothing.

Nothing has changed. The fact that we don't condone the sale of virtual currency for real world money doesn't change how the game works. If your intent was to sell fake money for real money, than I am sorry, but that really isn't allowed. I mean, can we really stop you? No. But realize that because we own the rights to the virtual stuff, you and any buyer won't be protected under PayPal policies. So again, we're just trying to protect people from being scammed out of real world money.

• Options
    Why would I need to make a board when this post is right here! I am just stating my opinion about this very topic. If anyone doesn't like my opinion that's totally fine with me. But going off subject and complaining about a complainer doesn't solve a dang thing. Maybe u should create a post somewhere else! And complain about me!
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I understand where you are coming from. Really, I do but your rates are beyond the reach of a lot of people. $99.99 for a million virtual dollars is way to expensive. A lot of the player base are young kids and teens that don't have the means to pay that kind of money. If it were more reasonable I would have no problem paying cie for the mils I need. The economy is down right now and if people can't get the cash or cars they need then they will see no need to play because they can't be competitive. If the cash deficit continues and I can't get the cash I need to compete in turf wars, then I certainly will GIVE my cars to my teammates and move on to another game because I WILL NOT pay $99.99 for 1 mil. Thank you
  • Options
    I totally understand the covering your but! That makes sense. And everyone should do this aswell! Make invoices in pay pal so they know exactly what your buying! Also cover your own but and only trade people you know! I have been scammed by CIE already to. The game doesn't work And I've lost cars and money. I file a complaint and it takes forever for anyone to get back to me! I still have yet to see an email from CIE.
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    Take a look, Ryystron. I appreciate you taking the time to address us MUCH better than an ex mod has. But just take a look at the benefits: http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.com/forum/the-neighborhood/talk-about-racing-rivals/179039-why-paypal-itunes-sales-are-good-for-cie-rr-and-the-community-as-a-whole
  • Options
    And I don't know if I'm the only one who does this but I take pics of my cool cars. So not only do I use my cars in game but also sometimes out of game :)
  • Options
    Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    PayPal has a section specifically for sending cash as a gift.
  • Options
    So, we won't be deleting any posts about selling virtual goods for real world money, but just remember, it's done at your own risk. We can't help with scams, and since Cie still owns all our properties, you may not fall under protection on Ebay or Pay Pal.

• Options
    Thank you!! Wow!
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I believe you guys are making the right decision. Well done listening to the people.
  • Options
    SIRNOSALOTSIRNOSALOT Registered Users 527 Posts
    Lower the price of virtual money and people will buy through game and put more money in cie pockets
  • Options
    I think we should take a poll! At least give the players a little chance to tell u what they want! If u did weekly polls for new rules and regulations that would help us tell u whT we want also!!
  • Options
    TiffxnyTiffxny Registered Users 1,330 Posts
    Wait, so we are aloud to post and ask for paypal/itunes you guys just don't condone it?
  • Options
    SIRNOSALOTSIRNOSALOT Registered Users 527 Posts
    Well I posted today I'm looking to buy rr cash within 30 minutes my post was deleted
  • Options
    Avante XAvante X Registered Users 238 Posts
    Honestly, allowing PayPal purchases from the users themselves will destroy the value of RRC.

Especially if this forum gets more popular with users.
  • Options
    lee19999lee19999 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Let's talk about this matter from the very bottom. From the very basics. CIE you guys developed the RR for the purpose of pursuing the profit.

And I m sure there is nobody who denies that you guys should take the profits for all your works.

Here is my point. Restricting the trades through paypal or real cash WILL NOT necessary improve your profit.

I haven't looked into your statements so there is no proof for my theory but based on the system of the game, there are a lot more ways for the players to purhcase cars than

buying cars from the showroom via pinking or getting cars from friends or so on. In contrasts, GEMs don't.

So instead, you guys need to promote the demand and improve the market size for gems (which are necessary for playing the game)
    by increasing the number of active players and make them "addicted" to the game.

In other words, you guys shouldn't barigate the inflow of the new players and their use of game contents. New players mostly use the paypal to get into the game.

Gems should be your main source of generating the profit. Not the RRC.
  • Options
    Jaythan MJaythan M Registered Users 323 Posts
    From my understanding all Ryystron is saying is that they don't allow in game currency/cars to be sold for real world currency. BUT if you do sell in game currency/cars for real world currency and end up getting scammed, there's nothing he or the other CIE Devs can do about it. He's already stating that there's nothing that they can do to stop these trades or sales going on. SALE/TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
  • Options
    Lethal240SX93Lethal240SX93 Registered Users 141 Posts
    Glad to hear PayPal posts will not be deleted. At this time, I feel PayPal is a reasonable form of payment. I feel it causes people to be more cautious. I'll chance losing earned RRC a lot faster than real cash.
    As far as I know, Racing Rivals is the only mobile game that has a PvP wagering system. And there is a reason for that. No other developer wanted to go down that treacherous path. When players are allowed to transfer virtual items (in-game money, cars, etc.) between accounts, the rules will always be manipulated. Plain and simple. If the developer does not like it, they ONLY answer for them is to remove the ability to transfer the items completely. If CIE were to remove the wagering system, it would probably seal the game's fate. The answer for CIE is to find a way to capture profit from supported trades/selling. An in-game used car marketplace. A place for people to list vehicles for sale, and name their asking price, or list trades. The vehicles/RRC/gems are then transferred between accounts instantly when both players agree to terms. CIE's way to benefit? Implement a commission. Seller pays say 5 gems for every successful deal. This marketplace would...
    -Have the largest audience, since everyone who plays the game will see it (versus the much smaller percent that know about the trading/selling here or elsewhere)
    -Encourage players to buy RRC/gems for deals.
    -Gives players the peace of mind that they cannot be scammed when making deals.
    -Seriously cut down on the "illegal/unsupported" deals made elsewhere.
  • Options
    Why are y'all still posting..he already said he wouldn't delete posts......
  • Options
    HC YoungHC Young Registered Users 192 Posts
    Cie sell us a right to use.. then player sell a right to use to another player too.. if you want use this term.
  • Options
    RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    I love the people that didn't know the ToS of this and most any game with virtual items that can be sold. That even the likes of Warcraft you're just 'renting' the items. They could shut down tomorrow and you'd have nothing but memories and hopefully a good time.

The ToS isn't transferable to players.
  • Options
    VENOM650RVENOM650R Registered Users 3,319 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryystron;n179859] Technically, you do not own any virtual currency or cars, we still reserve the right of ownership. When you purchase currency from us for real world money, you are purchasing the right to use that virtual currency as you see fit within the confines of the game. So people are attempting to sell, for real world currency/items that do not belong to them. When you buy any of that, that also means you are purchasing items that will never technically belong to you. [/QUOTE] WHAT THE FUXK ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's good to know that and to proof that UR product is actually not worthy spending real money in it .. When I spend my hard earning cash am expecting something on return .. Am not paying for charitable organization here .. Am paying to get a product that supposed to be mine for ever .. Even if I left the account and came back after 5 years (if RR will live that long) I still should have what is my right .. U can't take any gems or RRC that I've bought unless I cheated or did something with the account .. Otherwise U HAVE NO RIGHTS TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM MY ACCOUNT .. [QUOTE=[RR] Ryystron;n179859] We know there is no way for us to really stop that activity. However, we also won't help make it easier to sell our game properties for real world money. We cannot condone any activity that puts our customers at risk of the possibility of being robbed of real world currency by other players. We really don't condone it happening in our game with virtual currency, but the harm of being scammed for virtual currency and vehicles is substantially less than being robbed of real money. You can review our Terms of Service here: http://www.ciegames.com/terms-of-service[/QUOTE] So what if that robber is CIE .. On 3rd JUL I've made a purchase of $100 US dollar for 6760 gems package .. Yet I haven't received it .. I've been filling Luz and Foxx all over the forum but they keep ignoring me and not replaying on my posts .. Should I say that I official get robbed by CIE .. And yes I emailed UR Customer Service .. Guess what king of brilliant ideas they came with .. "Force close the game" "reinstall it" really ..!! REALLY ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    A lot of ignorance and delusion up in the thread ... @VENOM650R ... name one online game, just one, where you get to buy and own the product forever?! ie it never shuts down, never possible to be banned, etc ... I don't know what to think up in this topic, I guess this is the first Online player game for a lot of people.