Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Since the update.........ffs!

Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
So
How come some of my cars- especially my pandoras go straight into the 1663 lobby but when i cooy the tune onto an identical car the rating is 1664 or 1665? Same car,same tune!!
How are we supposed to tune em up??
Wtf glu??
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    I've been asking rryst about this for weeks. They keep giving the same variables speech. I keep calling him and his devs freakn idoits lol. Something is clearly wrong. Yet the won't admit it.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    They lowered the lobby caps, so some cars don't have, the super advantage they used to. Also so the whale coiners, have to reset their setups as well. honestly, they completely F'ed the game and expect the players to pay.

My personal problem is that there is no bots in the public lobby, How can i redo setup's when every racer is a piggybacker?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Then they should have also changed the cars ratings- cos some of my m2 re's and pandas and others still go into the 1668 lobby when they are 1662 and some go into the 1663 lobby when they're the original 63 set up.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

I've been asking rryst about this for weeks. They keep giving the same variables speech. I keep calling him and his devs freakn idoits lol. Something is clearly wrong. Yet the won't admit it.

Nothing is wrong. Your calculations for speed rating are not accurate. I know how it's done. You don't know/aren't using the right variables. Emphasis on the term "variables".
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Big p said:

So

How come some of my cars- especially my pandoras go straight into the 1663 lobby but when i cooy the tune onto an identical car the rating is 1664 or 1665? Same car,same tune!!

How are we supposed to tune em up??

Wtf glu??

That would be if the lobbies were sorted by strictly a car's speed rating. They are not.

• Options
    But it's the same car [RR] Ryyst
    Don't you get that??
    Same tune,same weight,same power.
    How is that a different speed rating??
    It should be the same rating- one of my cars is 1663 and in the right lobby and another is 1665! Saaaaaaame tuuuuuune- come on man- you saying that's right??
  • Options
    RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    "That would be if the lobbies were sorted by strictly a car's speed rating. They are not."

Well that's fair...
  • Options
    So my latest issue-
    I passed one of my 1663 pandas to a pal so he could use it.
    When it arrived in his garage it was 1665, so i took it back- it's now a fukkkkkin 1665 in my garage!! Same tune as my other 1663!!
    So another car ruined!! I've got over 20 pandoras and over half of them are fukkkked and untunable.

Way to go!
  • Options
    @big p variables buddy, all about the variables.. we not gonna tell you them, your definitely not gonna figure them out. They aren't consistent and you'll never be able to correctly tune again. Sounds legit

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    @[rr] ryyst with the variables speech. Again like I've said from the beginn, the same tune on two exactly the same cars . Both should either be 63 or both should be 65. Not yhe case. Two identical cars, two different results. You say I don't know the variables, y'all idoits don't know how to write code correctly. Trained monkey could tell something is off.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    @dwdtuning exactly brother!!
    They won't even admit they've messed up!!
  • Options
    CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    I straight out asked @Ryyst if the "other variable's", are simply driver skill. Guess what he said? Nothing.... Nothing at all...So yeah, you tell me wtf.
  • Options
    Without actually saying what they are, which we don't want to do, there isn't any other way to say that there are other variables in determining speed rating... and yes, it can be different for each car. So yeah, I understand its the same car.... and again, there are other variables taken into account that are different by car...

• Options
    Big p said:

So my latest issue-

I passed one of my 1663 pandas to a pal so he could use it.

When it arrived in his garage it was 1665, so i took it back- it's now a fukkkkkin 1665 in my garage!! Same tune as my other 1663!!

So another car ruined!! I've got over 20 pandoras and over half of them are fukkkked and untunable.

Way to go!

Fun fact. Once a car is won by someone, it no longer is your car, even if you win it back. It gets treated as a new car in your inventory... which brings me back to the "variables" that are taken into account that yes can be different for every car even if its the same make and model.

• Options
    Big p said:

@dwdtuning exactly brother!!

They won't even admit they've messed up!!

We didn't mess up.

• Options
    He still won't admit it!
  • Options
    Big p said:

He still won't admit it!

Because we didn't

• Options
    edited August 2016
    dwdtuning said:

@[rr] ryyst with the variables speech. Again like I've said from the beginn, the same tune on two exactly the same cars . Both should either be 63 or both should be 65. Not yhe case. Two identical cars, two different results. You say I don't know the variables, y'all idoits don't know how to write code correctly. Trained monkey could tell something is off.

Okay, I'll give. There are variables that are specific to each unique car. So that yes, two cars with the same parts can have two different speed ratings.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @Ryyst Soooo....I don't know if you can answer this or not, but I think I am understanding what your trying/not trying to say. If I purchase a car in game from the showroom, with cash or gems, or finish a blueprint from crates, there is a good chance that car will be "potentially" faster than a car someone buys off the forum or ebay or whatever?
  • Options
    So why are the ratings different in my garage than when i'm in a lobby? And what rating do i tune to??
    Believe it or not rryst i'm not having a dig at you personally- but you are the face of glu on the forum. I have no problem with you whatsoever- it's just frustrating- especially for us long time members that had a big book of tunes that's now useless.
  • Options
    187redrum781187redrum781 Registered Users 6,832 Posts
    So are you saying this is more real world type "variables" as in say Chevy makes xxxxxxxx amount of corvettes this year. They each make different power? So if these variables come into affect each time a car is won, lost, bought, sold or whatever does that mean some will have a higher max rating then others? You really aren't explaining it well enough. Or should I say I'm not understanding the variables. Last turf I was tuning a car. It was a 54. I kept dropping parts to get it to a 50. Now I go into a lobby and I'm in a 50 lobby but car mysteriously turns into a 46. Then I go back and add parts. The parts install and they don't show any change in rating unless you go into each category and click on every part then it will jump to whatever it wants. This is seriously crazy. I've been playing this game since it was first released. My first account that I sold was very well known. Back then fox was around and actually kept us in the loop. Hell I even gave fox all the info for a hack that was being used. But now you guys have really messed this up. You don't see how many people are upset and quitting? And you give everyone a jet and some gems that should shut them up right?! This is crazy. Fix the game or give everyone money for all the money wasted to retune cars. I'm upset and I don't even have that many cars anymore. I can't imagine how friends and other are feeling that have hundreds and thousands of cars that are pretty much worthless. My good friend that has 500-600 cars today told me he won't have cars this turf because he needs to retune. Normally he made 20-30k no problem. Last turf he didn't even make 2000.
  • Options
    shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    edited August 2016
    Eff the variables. What's the variable when I try tuning my car and it shows 1668, but when I click into the upgrade screen and back out it shows 1669? Then I restart the game and it shows something else.

I am trying despirately to figure out how to successfully re-tune some older favorites with these new changes (BTW please don't change the weight in cars anymore... First lobby changes then weight addition then weight removal) and be consistent.... But based on this statement I get the impression that two of the exact same cars can have the exact same parts installed, yet have different ratings and thus be placed in different lobbies?
    "Okay, I'll give. There are variables that are specific to each unique car. So that yes, two cars with the same parts can have two different speed ratings."

I don't have a problem tuning new cars from showroom or anything that was bone stock. However any time I try to retune an M2RE for example, the rating gets all wonky and jumps around randomly.
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Once again no real explanation for the "variables". How bout you explain this one. I have an evo 8 that Currently shows 1648 rating but when I race it in turf it goes into maxed evo8 lobbies. I'm racing against 1662 rated evos and mine is 1648, 14 rating points off... How is that considered a fair and balanced race? I can't go faster than 9.6 yet everyone I race can run low 8.6... Just admit you guys messed up the ratings and have no idea how to fix it? You guys destroyed every tune in the game and you have not explained what has happened or how we, the consumer (the ones who keep you employed) are supposed to understand the ratings system now so that we have an idea on how to tune.

Your answer for two cars with the same tune that could have different speed ratings is total BS. I tuned 20 cars that I bought from the showroom all with the exact same tune and yet some are rated much higher and go a lot faster than others... There isn't a variable out there that would explain this so once again, why not just admit you morons messed it up and have no idea how to fix it?
  • Options
    Guys just file a complaint with iTunes about a faulty broken app and you'll get a refund of money you spent on this game. This game clearly falls under that category and iTunes will, and has, refunded money
  • Options
    187redrum781187redrum781 Registered Users 6,832 Posts
  • Options
    If enough people complain about the app, iTunes will drop it from its store and racing rivals will be dead. They don't want to fix it so why don't we kill it?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Lotus advertised for an rrc price, couple days later Glu announces that it's only for gems and not rrc? False advertising!!! You operate in Ca and because of that you're bound by the business and professions code 17500 which clearly states you must sell for whatever price you posted regardless of whether or not it was an error. You advertised it, posted in game and didn't correct it for several days. Yes this code does include online services and merchandise....
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    MK_JEDIMK_JEDI Registered Users 1,625 Posts
    edited August 2016
    @Ryyst
    Can you explain more about the "variables". Despite of all your comments, you still don't make any sense... well at least to me
  • Options
    @MK_JEDI they vary bro ;)