Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Racing Rivals crashing phone

Low Lyfe 1418Low Lyfe 1418 Registered Users 406 Posts
It happened out of the blue. I was looking at my cars and i went to look at one of my Lambo's and the game/phone crashed. Now every time I try to load up the game it just crashes the whole thing. I can't do anything at the moment. Yes I've cleared the cache and data and reinstalled . Nothing has changed. I never say anything about the game but this is some bullshit lol.

Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7q5g2jlCvc
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    moparman406moparman406 Registered Users 58 Posts
    They do t seem to care right now
  • Options
    Seems like it, I'm not the only one either
  • Options
    DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    edited November 2016

Hello,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. I can assure you we do care and are working around the clock to fix issues as quickly as we can. It looks like you are using an S4 in the video? Also, do remember which Lambo you were looking at before this issue occurred?
  • Options
    Don't mind my ish talk lol I'm just a bit salty I can't do anything. It was a black merci , ign LowLyfe 1418
  • Options
    And yeah , it's a s4
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited November 2016

Hello,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. I can assure you we do care and are working around the clock to fix issues as quickly as we can. It looks like you are using an S4 in the video? Also, do remember which Lambo you were looking at before this issue occurred?
    Same exact thing happened to me, only my tablet didn't crash, the RR game simply stopped working. I was on the skullcrusher car, went to move to a M@ BMW, and it did this to me. no crash though, the game simply stopped. I to am essentially, locked out of the game. Mine will also not load past, the loading garage screen

My tablet is a samsung ellipsis 7 with android 4.4.2
  • Options
    That sucks , can't turf or take advantage of the x3 offers
  • Options
  • Options
    NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts
    Same issues here and I'm on same phone: s4. I reinstalled game but that didn't do anything. I'm bummed out I won't be getting a civic re due to not being able to help my team. This update has been very problematic.
  • Options
    This update and it's problems are certainly not what I expect after shelling out money to buy boosts and cars. Color me frustrated and disappointed.
  • Options
    ^ samme
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for posting that video. It showed what I was up against. Murcilago or gts viper is what was final lock and reboot cycle for me.
    My RR IGN is: not phunny
  • Options
    taffy3010taffy3010 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have galaxy s4 game won't load my garage at all it worked ish yesterday till I tried transfer a car to another account of mine and phone crashed and now won't load at all. I played this game for a long time now and spent a reasonable sum of real cash on game and now I can't access game at all. Last update you guys gave a way 1000 gems for issues it caused this one has been 10 times worse than last. Who tests these things before there released a load of folks with latest devices so it runs ok but what about the majority of ur players who haven't got a phone that was only released last month. I feel that graphics have been priority and then playability has been sacrificed for it. I'd race a lego block if it ran properly. I do appreciate effort u guys gone to but the execution of update has been poor. The world chat thing is totally unnecessary and puts a lot of strain on a server it doesn't need to. What about making it so u can remove all upgrades. A way of trading without the dam scammers. A vault u place a car in after a trade been set and only able to claim intended tradr car if car u agreed to trade is also in vault??????
  • Options
    Any updates on the situation?
  • Options
    I can't even check blue prints on my tab without the game freezing!! Wtf bro
  • Options
    We are still working/testing/fixing bugs around the clock. I do hope to have the reload problem fixed for everyone tomorrow.
  • Options

We are still working/testing/fixing bugs around the clock. I do hope to have the reload problem fixed for everyone tomorrow.

I'm hopeful. IT'S just a bummer that I spend money on this game regularly and now can't enjoy what I've already purchased. I feel like the racers in this game are your beta testers. We aren't getting paid to test the game. But many of us have spent quite a lot and are bitterly disappointed in the way this update has been handed out to us. Game ran crappy since the instant the update hit. Partway through turf it just became unplayable. Then it wouldn't start without freezing and rebooting my phone. THE graphics look terrible but let's get game play working first? OR maybe even getting the game to run at all (in my case as an S4 phone user)

• Options
    NotPhunny said:

I'm hopeful. IT'S just a bummer that I spend money on this game regularly and now can't enjoy what I've already purchased. I feel like the racers in this game are your beta testers. We aren't getting paid to test the game. But many of us have spent quite a lot and are bitterly disappointed in the way this update has been handed out to us. Game ran crappy since the instant the update hit. Partway through turf it just became unplayable. Then it wouldn't start without freezing and rebooting my phone. THE graphics look terrible but let's get game play working first? OR maybe even getting the game to run at all (in my case as an S4 phone user)

Our primary goal is to get the performance fixed first so you all can play, second is the graphics, and third will be the random issues. I think fixing #1 will resolve a lot of the randoms but only time will tell. We have a lot of fixes going through our QA at the moment and if they pass our checks, we'll have an update soon after.
  • Options
    taffy3010taffy3010 Registered Users 3 Posts
    It's rather unfair u release a new lot of crates when many folks are locked out of the game. How come you can release crates and new turf cars yet can't fix something which is very easy to fix. Bring back version 5.3 and then work on 6.0 and re release it when it works
  • Options
    So I was finally issued a trouble ticket. And then it was closed. I'm not sure why it was closed if I'm still unable to play the game. Can someone explain please? Thanks.
  • Options
  • Options
    And now the update to the update is crashing my phone. Making some points in a 68 lobby with a cobra jet and it crashed and rebooted my phone. I loaded it again game was running and then it crashed again and rebooted my phone again. Took a video to show game crashing after trying to load game. Just won't go in at all now. How do I post a video here?
  • Options
    NotPhunny said:

And now the update to the update is crashing my phone. Making some points in a 68 lobby with a cobra jet and it crashed and rebooted my phone. I loaded it again game was running and then it crashed again and rebooted my phone again. Took a video to show game crashing after trying to load game. Just won't go in at all now. How do I post a video here?

@NotPhunny How are you running in 6.0.2?
  • Options
    I ran a few races tonight before going out. Seems a bit lagging still and flip book frame rate. I may try a fresh install to see if that clears anything up. I keep getting a notice saying I have rewards waiting. When I log in on the game there isn't any.
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @NotPhunny And let me guess, your phone is something straight out of 2011 like those tablets you bought your kids
  • Options
    I am. Seems a tag laggy . Delay from when I shift to when shift happens. All settings are off.
  • Options

@NotPhunny And let me guess, your phone is something straight out of 2011 like those tablets you bought your kids

What is your problem?
  • Options

@BlitzChaos Please keep it respectful.
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @NotPhunny The fact your expecting such low end trash to run a graphic intensive game is kinda pathetic
  • Options
    NotPhunny said:

I am. Seems a tag laggy . Delay from when I shift to when shift happens. All settings are off.

Thank you for the info. There are still some areas where people are seeing lag that we're looking into to. We have some additional performance fixes in test.