Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ryyst's Blog #7 - Cheaters

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
For a few weeks now we've seen increased reports of players recording faster times than have normally been seen or reported by the Unofficial Records pages.

Since the first report, we have been investigating and working on improving our ability to detect, investigate and address these circumstances. We do so in the background as to not alert these would be cheaters because we need to find out first what it is they are doing. Then we can find a way to stop them and fill any hole they used to achieve their goals.

At the same time we are constantly trying to improve ways to detect these sorts of occurrences and for the past few months, we've seen very little to no activity of the sorts. Light lag and Ghost shifting are two very different and more difficult topics.

We've recently banned some accounts for suspicious behavior, and we will continue to do so. In the meantime our biggest priority is to stop this sort of behavior so that the players we've banned cannot just create new accounts and continue as they were.

As with any type of game or software company, hackers will continue to exist and they will continue to exploit. We will continue to also fight back.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited December 2016
    @Ryyst you say, "At the same time we are constantly trying to improve ways to detect these sorts of occurrences and for the past few months, we've seen very little to no activity of the sorts. Light lag and Ghost shifting are two very different and more difficult topics. "

Very little to no activity?? Speed hack are running rampant in the game... Smh
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    edited December 2016
    @Ryyst
    in my experience, id have to wait at the starting line, screen saying "waiting for opponent" until it disapears and redirects to the screen
    me "dnf/disqualified" other guy wins without runnin
    havent lost a pink yet, but still pisses me off in tournaments and turf
  • Options

@Ryyst you say, "At the same time we are constantly trying to improve ways to detect these sorts of occurrences and for the past few months, we've seen very little to no activity of the sorts. Light lag and Ghost shifting are two very different and more difficult topics. "

Very little to no activity?? Speed hack are running rampant in the game... Smh

Meaning before this started up again.

• Options

@Ryyst
    in my experience, id have to wait at the starting line, screen saying "waiting for opponent" until it disapears and redirects to the screen

That sounds like a connection issue. When there is a disconnect after a match starts, the game waits for a bit, then after a few moments, you get a DQ. This cannot be forced by another player. Contact Customer Service to see if they can assist technically.

• Options
    dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    edited December 2016
    Try racing in maxed lobby @[RR]Rysst

• Options
    chevyboy37chevyboy37 Registered Users 51 Posts
    Can someone please tell me how GLU thinks a maxed dtm benz the r class crate slash turf car can run 6.771 with a .56 rt ? Please help me with that i was cheated outta my car and glu said sorry he ran a legit time well sorry dude thats impossible with that car smh im so pissed off man i have all the ss im blastin it everywhere
  • Options
    chevyboy37chevyboy37 Registered Users 51 Posts
    Same with me Jason. I was cheated out of my turf car also he was in a maxed dtm benz the r class turf slash crate car well he ran 6.771 with a .56 rt smh that car will never run that time well glu told me to get bent also that that time was legit well hell no its not legit i also have spent thousands on this game well i think im gonna pm you so i can get that google info so i can get my thousands back tjey can keep the cars smh they take better care of there cheaters then they do there legit honest players.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @ryyst this kinda looks suspicious.. 5 maxed Stella's sitting in a 1650 lobby.. all less than 100 sc. And they are all busy. Never not busy for the last 30 min.. happening right now.

http://i.imgur.com/JAXeenH.jpg
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    edited December 2016
    Screw it @[RR] Ryyst if they have a alt that is switching car between each other IP ban them..... If they can cheat on any account they don't deserve to play on any.
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts

@ryyst this kinda looks suspicious.. 5 maxed Stella's sitting in a 1650 lobby.. all less than 100 sc. And they are all busy. Never not busy for the last 30 min.. happening right now.

http://i.imgur.com/JAXeenH.jpg

I saw the same thing just it was viper gts-r sitting in one lobby about 8 of them and all bussy
  • Options

@Ryyst

That sounds like a connection issue. When there is a disconnect after a match starts, the game waits for a bit, then after a few moments, you get a DQ. This cannot be forced by another player. Contact Customer Service to see if they can assist technically.
    Similar situation happened to me too in tournament, only the race did happen and i have done few perfect shifts with perfect launch and i won the race but after the race that pop-up came up saying waiting for opponent, then sending results and then it happened to be that i was disconnected and loss...

So how was i disconnected if i did the race?
  • Options
    Instead of banning the cheaters detected why not just delete the launch button from their client or DNF force-lose every race? Just a little victory for the legit players. And after they lose 3 cars in a row that way, then give them the ban.
  • Options
    itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    dulwhite said:

Instead of banning the cheaters detected why not just delete the launch button from their client or DNF force-lose every race? Just a little victory for the legit players. And after they lose 3 cars in a row that way, then give them the ban.

then the legit can pinks them and when
  • Options
    And still legit people will stay with loss even when all cheaters hackers get banned, cause no one will get their cars back they have lost to them...
  • Options

@Ryyst

Similar situation happened to me too in tournament, only the race did happen and i have done few perfect shifts with perfect launch and i won the race but after the race that pop-up came up saying waiting for opponent, then sending results and then it happened to be that i was disconnected and loss...

So how was i disconnected if i did the race?
    You can race on your device. After the race your device sends the info to our servers. You can disconnect during the race or you can disconnect before sending your info. The game does wait a bit just in case that happens, but not too long.

• Options
    xcolors57_gmailcomxcolors57_gmailcom Registered Users 16 Posts
    I see race times of 6.5 to 6.7 every day. The cheaters are running rampant throughout Racing Rivals.
  • Options

I see race times of 6.5 to 6.7 every day. The cheaters are running rampant throughout Racing Rivals.

Can you tell us the racer names of both opponents and what times and what cars you are seeing this with?

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I'd like to know how this is an acceptable response. A cheater in a race = an invalid race. Any other circumstance it would be a DQ and I would have won the car.... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is foul play on GLU's part here.

Well I'm letting you know... this is terrible customer service policy.
    "Hi there - we are seeing they were cheating but you're SOL because you lost anyway".... is the message i'm seeing.
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Lol no need to send in a ticket if they just gonna say owell you woulda lost anyway. Doesn't matter that he lost. The other guy cheated. And you seen he cheated. Yet decided not to return the car lol. That's called stealing. No worse than the scammers that run wild on global chat.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    Google representative did say after seeing the customer service screenshot I forwarded to him that it is a serious matter to have such poor customer service and that he is going to aggressively seek a resolution, and that if more complaints similar to mine are reported, that banning the developer from the google play store is possible if they don't appropriately reconcile with us, the legitimate players. case Reference # 6-1234000015082 @[RR]Ryyst
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @[RR] downshift
    @[rr] Foxx

Lol y'all might wanna look into that.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    8allz858allz85 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Twice I'm having what I think is a hack not sure, a race with no times but I lost
  • Options
    So, I'm really unable to go deep into Customer Service policies, and while this will shed some light on the situation as a whole, it also raises a controversial topic which is ownership.

To say that not restoring a car is similar to stealing is a bit false. It's not because, technically the owner or everything in game is Glu. If yo look at any online Terms of Use/Service, you will most likely see that all in-game purchases are made to enhance the game experience, however, nothing actually belongs to the player. So technically, we can't steal anything because we already own it.

That being said, we also do not hold that against players. Meaning. the buying and selling of cars and currency in game is... illegal. It's the buying and selling of items that do not technically belong to the seller nor the buyer. This is one of the reasons why we don't support it. We do know this is a big part of the game community, and it it because we know how important it is to the players, we don't actively seek any kind of retribution.

We also would like to enhance the player experience and we realize issues may come up, so we provide a Customer Support department. While popular belief is that they don't help, on the contrary they help quite a bit, but like any similar service, praise comes rarely, complaints come often. The fact is our CS team is dedicated far more than typical mobile game CS departments. They investigate claims and they restore lost cars often. Something that they and we aren't really obligated to do but we do. Now, it is true we don't restore everything and the higher ups within Customer Service have to make those types of policy decisions and our agents adhere to them. What you don't see is that they also advocate for the players. Often trying to get policy reversed, but its always a case by case basis.

Basically, our CS team does what it can, unfortunately that means not doing everything the players want or sometimes not doing something unless the situation falls within policy guidelines in which our agents for the most part need to adhere to.

• Options
    @ryyst just a question.. how can they say, yes that player cheated.. we can see he cheated.. but we're not gonna do anything about it?? Just asking...as I haven't ran into this problem since I haven't been able to race since 6.0 came out....
  • Options
    Say what you want, they should have been invalid races, but they weren't. And to have this Emily character say I would have lost anyways-also false. My money no longer buys into your game, henceforth. And I am filing a complaint with google play store and seeking refund for your game that did not work as intended.
  • Options
    @Randymc5 so you got 2 cars back. And this guy can't even get one car back even when they can see the other person cheated?? Lmfao...what a joke
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I suppose this is also legitimate or that I have a connection issue. 2 players with near hmmm. Same name and profile picture in tournament....

https://youtu.be/-VwHBbn448k

I'd contact customer service but they are of no assistance. You have bad customer service policies that make cheaters win. So yay for your game glitching and further not working as intended. Thankfully, Google has put my complaint into the system and I hope others put formal complaints in as well, to either correct your shoddy customer service, or to ban your game from the google play store for not working as intended. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But fix what's broken in your game. - The customer service, the cheating, the glitching, the hacking, whatever you want to call it.

And stop trying to defend bullshit. Enhance this. And Merry Christmas. Coal in your stocking tho.
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    edited December 2016
    @dulwhite I find it funny your complaining about a cheater when your using a glitched Charger SE
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    I'm racing what GLU gives me. Still, you're circumventing the main point of my argument. And another thing you can't bring up to customer service. And also demonstrates the fact that the game doesn't work as intended, providing more reason for people to get their refunds from google and iTunes.
  • Options
    And who says it's glitched? For all I know, GLU intended this - I haven't modified the APK like the cheaters have...