Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ghost Launch

HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
Anybody experience their car launching without actually touching or hitting the launch button? It happened twice today and of course it is fouled.

Comments

• Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    That's interesting. Most of us have the exact opposite problem - tapping the launch button and nothing happening. :)
  • Options
    I was surprised the 1st time, but when in happened again, I was thinking of a glitch or hack (possible). Hoping that this is just an isolated incident - really love this game!
  • Options
    andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    I hate launch trippin
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Strange. What device are you using and have you had it happen since?
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

Strange. What device are you using and have you had it happen since?

@Ryyst I'm using a Samsung S6. It was strange but have not seen it happen again, which is good, right?
  • Options
    GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    I'm on a s7 and I also experienced this a couple of times during turf. Heard the "ding"on first light..........immediately followed by the foul buzzer as my car shot off the line.
  • Options
    XenoXeno Registered Users 2,139 Posts
    iphone 6s...happened to me twice during turf
  • Options
    regan21regan21 Registered Users 7 Posts
    I've had that happen to me probably 8 times in the last week an when I contacted glu they told me there's nothing they can do because I fouled. By I never got to even touch the launch button. I drop launch an there no way in hell I hit launch as the launch button lit up.
  • Options
    Happened again today.. my left thumb just hovering on the launch button
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    This also keeps happening to me.
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Do you all "hover" your thumb over the launch button? Also, do you rev drop launch?
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Weird. is your device on a table or in your hands? Are you on wifi or data?
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    I'm willing to bet you hovered too closely and the screen detected a press.
  • Options
    GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    edited February 2017
    I had this issue a few weeks ago, but it went way until today.....no way was my finger to close to the launch button as I had it off set slightly to watch for when the launch light lit up.....as soon as it did the car launched before I had even moved my finger over it :neutral:
  • Options
    rev and drop launch and I'm sure there's a big space between my thumb and the screen... my momma says i have fat thumbs