Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

How many versions of the game are there ?

greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
I just happened to see a video on YouTube and this guy's game showroom had the option to buy last week's turf car for 1100gems. I also noticed that under the Chevrolet brand the Devil (blower one) was also there. Further to that there were other brands I don't have in my version. Anyone cares to clarify ?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    SUBARUD00DSUBARUD00D Registered Users 35 Posts
    @greenstaged ive seen the video he has an apk file for an ancient version of the game he more than likely had cars like the 2005 wrx available aswell
  • Options
    @SUBARUD00D this is recent. It was version 6.xx. As I said. Last week's turf station wagon was there for 1100 gems #!!!!!
  • Options
    @Roush Sport you always come up with a constructive opinion. Any comments mate ?
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Well Sesko is a bitch. He is literally doing things that Carbonated can sue for
  • Options
    redskullredskull Registered Users 30 Posts
    I don't know who this sesko is but why is he privileged ? Is he a game admin ? @[RR]Ryyst can you clarify some individuals position and usage of such apk files ?
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @redskull an APK is a hack..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    And f no he's not, never has, and never will be an admin
  • Options
    outlaw905outlaw905 Registered Users 513 Posts
    @aubassplayer thats if it's modded
  • Options
    So. This sesko is using an apk which everyone knows is something which is not allowed in the game. He is not an admin. His IGN is clearly seen in the vid but he is allowed by the top people to carry on with it ?

But on the other hand if someone else is caught using an apk or exploiting some flaw in the game he is banned for life !

This does not make any sense but unless I'm missing something, it is perfectly clear that he is more privileged than everyone else.
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Yep @redskull also you can check out Video games underground as they data mine the event info early and charge ppl for it. Lol
  • Options
    Lol lol ...I don't know if I have to laugh like a maniac or cry out a river !!!!

.....and than they ban you to transfer some cars between accounts !!!!!

WTF

and what @JohnKIV said it makes sense they don't ban him....if vgu are leaking what events are next than CARBONATED are closing both eyes due to the turnover in car sales they do week in week out...not to mention the number of gems spent on boosts to prepare for the events.

Fu** this is outrageous...

Everyone should be equal but it seems some are more equal than others...

I doubt that admins would even reply to this post. @[RR]Ryyst
  • Options
    ...and why aren't admins responding to the above ^^^^^ ???
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited April 2017
    The short answer - you @redskull are wrong in some of your assumptions both about Sesko and about Carbonated.

I'm not going to get into a tit for tat back and forth battle about it, as it's pointless due to skepticism toward any explantion I'll give. Take, for example, the ban due to moving cars (as you so eloquently mentioned above).

The ban for moving cars is actually a protection measure that was implemented a long time ago. Basically if you move too many cars in too short a time, the game interprets that as someone being cleaned out. So, to prevent a new player from losing a car, and then due to being determined to beat whatever person took that car, losing car after car after car, it bans you if you cross a threshold. I can't disclose the parameters around said threshold, but, I can say it's original intention was not to punish players for moving cars around.

Hope that clears it up, if even just a little bit.
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    @greenstaged If you want to know how Sesko is doing things, ask him. He's a member here. @eXxPLoSiOn is his forum username.
  • Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts

Ehhhh no it Aint. .apk is simply the file names android uses, Like .exe or .dll on Windows etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    redskull said:

Lol lol ...I don't know if I have to laugh like a maniac or cry out a river !!!!

WTF

and what @JohnKIV said it makes sense they don't ban him....if vgu are leaking what events are next than CARBONATED are closing both eyes due to the turnover in car sales they do week in week out...not to mention the number of gems spent on boosts to prepare for the events.

Dont Think They Will Ban Anybody, Hell ryyst is giving Brian guterrez gems to open crates for:)
    Edit. I bet They even provide next weeks events to Them. So the morons Can sell it to VIP members of their site. Dont believe They are the Only ones that Can do data mining.

And Why should we be equal? If carbonated gives out a handfull of gems to a youtuber, that gets What ever 50-100k views, Thats good buisness, Because when you watched a video, it Will enqurage you to spend some gems.. Don't forget it's only about revenue, nothing else!!
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    redskull said:

So. This sesko is using an apk which everyone knows is something which is not allowed in the game. He is not an admin. His IGN is clearly seen in the vid but he is allowed by the top people to carry on with it ?

But on the other hand if someone else is caught using an apk or exploiting some flaw in the game he is banned for life !

This does not make any sense but unless I'm missing something, it is perfectly clear that he is more privileged than everyone else.

No one "ALLOWS" me to carry on with it. The modified APK that I'm using simply opens the game to data that is already there. Even if I didn't use the modified APK you could still pull the data and images out of the games files directly. There were two weeks when the modified version of the game that I had didn't work and instead of images of the vehicle we were left with the bottom banner image and the over all look of the vehicle as it appears in it's vehicle parts image.

The APK that I use doesn't alter the game play or the racing in any way so it doesn't trigger anything. You can't buy any of the vehicles you see because the gems value you see is just part of the over all equation they use to value vehicles. If you look at any of the "cheat" videos on YouTube you will see that they always throw errors when someone tries to purchase a vehicle that shouldn't be allowed to be bought.
    Howien said:

redskull said:

WTF

Dont Think They Will Ban Anybody, Hell ryyst is giving Brian guterrez gems to open crates for:)
    Edit. I bet They even provide next weeks events to Them. So the morons Can sell it to VIP members of their site. Dont believe They are the Only ones that Can do data mining.

And Why should we be equal? If carbonated gives out a handfull of gems to a youtuber, that gets What ever 50-100k views, Thats good buisness, Because when you watched a video, it Will enqurage you to spend some gems.. Don't forget it's only about revenue, nothing else!!
    We are pulling data that is available in the games files and making them public. Our "VIP" area is full of great people that time in time again will get the data and help users prepare for the weekends turf without having to rush build in the final minutes of Thursday. If the events weren't released a bit early could you imagine how much it would cost to build vehicles to race with? Or could you imagine how empty the servers would be because no one had time or the gems to prep for the weekend?

You make it seem like Carbonated/GLU would be happy about leaked events but the opposite should be true. Leaked events gives the community time to build cars without having to use gems.

Also you make it seem like during Ryyst's brief time separation from the game we didn't still do our down by the Shipyards. VGU loads up on gems during the 3x offers just like right now. I am open to helping anyone who wants to learn how to obtain gems the right way.

Also just an FYi, but the money that went into the memberships of the site went into buying actual licenses for all the applications that we use as well as secured hosting for the next 9 years. I don't profit or get rich off the site. The site itself and all support for the site goes directly back into the website. If I used my own money to run the site my wife would kill me.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    Roaddogg2 said:

Sinful android gives sesto a apk that allows him to see all the veichles in the game but he can't buy them he just shows them off

Thank you for clearing that up, it's much appreciated!

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    JohnKIV said:

Yep @redskull also you can check out Video games underground as they data mine the event info early and charge ppl for it. Lol

Our data gets shared freely almost as soon as we post it. We also started making it even easier to share by producing videos each week so people don't have to worry about getting fake events and building the wrong vehicles. Our videos are unlisted but never private. If we were mean or were greedy they would be private and unshareable. We want to help the community as much as we can.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • Options

An apk is actually not a hack. The actual game itself and any app or game on an android phone is created and used in an apk format. The modified version I use is created by Dave from Sinful Android and through Dave's help the admins were able to address and fix a lot of issues that were affecting the game. So for everyone that says negative things about Dave or me we have done a lot through our link to the game and whether you or anyone else ever knows or believes that really matters little to none to either of us. So hate on hater.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    @eXxPLoSiOn
    Point taken and clarifications made.

Since the apk file is deemed legit , can you help out from were and how we can get it ?
  • Options

redskull said:

No one "ALLOWS" me to carry on with it. The modified APK that I'm using simply opens the game to data that is already there. Even if I didn't use the modified APK you could still pull the data and images out of the games files directly. There were two weeks when the modified version of the game that I had didn't work and instead of images of the vehicle we were left with the bottom banner image and the over all look of the vehicle as it appears in it's vehicle parts image.

The APK that I use doesn't alter the game play or the racing in any way so it doesn't trigger anything. You can't buy any of the vehicles you see because the gems value you see is just part of the over all equation they use to value vehicles. If you look at any of the "cheat" videos on YouTube you will see that they always throw errors when someone tries to purchase a vehicle that shouldn't be allowed to be bought.
    Howien said:

redskull said:

WTF

We are pulling data that is available in the games files and making them public. Our "VIP" area is full of great people that time in time again will get the data and help users prepare for the weekends turf without having to rush build in the final minutes of Thursday. If the events weren't released a bit early could you imagine how much it would cost to build vehicles to race with? Or could you imagine how empty the servers would be because no one had time or the gems to prep for the weekend?

You make it seem like Carbonated/GLU would be happy about leaked events but the opposite should be true. Leaked events gives the community time to build cars without having to use gems.

Also you make it seem like during Ryyst's brief time separation from the game we didn't still do our down by the Shipyards. VGU loads up on gems during the 3x offers just like right now. I am open to helping anyone who wants to learn how to obtain gems the right way.

Also just an FYi, but the money that went into the memberships of the site went into buying actual licenses for all the applications that we use as well as secured hosting for the next 9 years. I don't profit or get rich off the site. The site itself and all support for the site goes directly back into the website. If I used my own money to run the site my wife would kill me.
    Wether you mine or they leak, of course it's more fun if players are prepared and ready to race. So let me ask you this.
    Can you imagine how full the lobby's gonna be, when carbonated them self starts to reveal the events just after a ended turf?

and why shouldten they? They do it with showdown. Next step is turf. Also that will take a lot of stress of your shoulders, so you shall not be close to the edge of bankruptcy, since you say your not making any profit, and secured hosting for the next nine years imo sounds a bit optimistic. Hope you guys make a lot of videos and shyt for other games, because RR probably have been shut down way before that nine years are gone:)
  • Options

@eXxPLoSiOn

Point taken and clarifications made.

Since the apk file is deemed legit , can you help out from were and how we can get it ?

I get it from Dave with Sinful Android. He's a great guy and he's actually in the process of bringing back the Nitto 1320 Challenge which was the great grandfather of this game. Please take my words with a grain of salt because while I believe this version to be safe to use if they ever altered the code or made it to where seeing the cars early would trigger some sort of ban I'd hate to see others get banned believing that I meant it was okay to use. I say every so many videos that the APK I use is altered and I'm probably going to make a video this weekend discussing the APK I use and it's ups and downs.
    Howien said:

Wether you mine or they leak, of course it's more fun if players are prepared and ready to race. So let me ask you this.
    Can you imagine how full the lobby's gonna be, when carbonated them self starts to reveal the events just after a ended turf?

and why shouldten they? They do it with showdown. Next step is turf. Also that will take a lot of stress of your shoulders, so you shall not be close to the edge of bankruptcy, since you say your not making any profit, and secured hosting for the next nine years imo sounds a bit optimistic. Hope you guys make a lot of videos and shyt for other games, because RR probably have been shut down way before that nine years are gone:)

I would love it if they did!

As for bankruptcy.. to assume that a website that I operate for an online video game would or could affect my real life finances is pretty stupid on your part. The website is self sustaining and has been since day one. With the amount of memberships we have had we have been able to buy legit licenses for a number of products that make it easier to do what we do on the site and even on YouTube.

As for the name change, way ahead of you sunshine! We used to be RacingRivalsUnderground.com, but knowing that all good things come to an end and actually expecting Racing Rivals to have been laid to rest years ago we changed over to the VideoGamesUnderground.com

We are trying our best to make the site open to other platforms and games while still showing and maintaining an appreciation to the people who built the site to where it is now, the RR community.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    @Roush Sport I just checked the generic section of the game and you are right..its for our protection. They changed the wording. I recall what it originally said.. You can have multiple accounts but its the games policy not to transfer cars between accounts.

In respect of @eXxPLoSiOn and the explanation given I am under the impression that any apk used with the exception of the original apk installation file is illegal in its own right unless approved by the owning company. Are sinful android partners with carbonated ? Terms and conditions in the generic section of the game refer... Especially GLU TERMS OF USE section 3.. Prohibited conduct.....there is a whole list of which sinful android is not adhering to...and everyone who installs any apk which is not approved by GLU / CARBONATED. It clearly states that if these conditions are broken, your licence to play the game will be revoked with or without notice. There are loads of conditions which are being breached by @eXxPLoSiOn and others including reading the code of the game to get whatever information you are after...

This is not about hating and what not but I repeat some are more equal than others....

Its the bloody truth. Read the fkn terms and conditions and everyone can conclude what ever he likes. Its black on white.

And more over I for one plus thousands of others would loove to see how things end up if the events are not leaked. The points which top teams are getting is ridiculous. Things would be more competitive if there no one knows what the events will be !!!!
  • Options
    redskull said:

@Roush Sport I just checked the generic section of the game and you are right..its for our protection. They changed the wording. I recall what it originally said.. You can have multiple accounts but its the games policy not to transfer cars between accounts.

In respect of @eXxPLoSiOn and the explanation given I am under the impression that any apk used with the exception of the original apk installation file is illegal in its own right unless approved by the owning company. Are sinful android partners with carbonated ? Terms and conditions in the generic section of the game refer... Especially GLU TERMS OF USE section 3.. Prohibited conduct.....there is a whole list of which sinful android is not adhering to...and everyone who installs any apk which is not approved by GLU / CARBONATED. It clearly states that if these conditions are broken, your licence to play the game will be revoked with or without notice. There are loads of conditions which are being breached by @eXxPLoSiOn and others including reading the code of the game to get whatever information you are after...

This is not about hating and what not but I repeat some are more equal than others....

Its the bloody truth. Read the fkn terms and conditions and everyone can conclude what ever he likes. Its black on white.

And more over I for one plus thousands of others would loove to see how things end up if the events are not leaked. The points which top teams are getting is ridiculous. Things would be more competitive if there no one knows what the events will be !!!!

How Can you speak for thousands? We need the events, we just dont need Them exploitet by someone that take money out of people pockets, carbonated just gonna put Them up right after turf, so evrybody Can be prepaired proper.
  • Options
    Why should everyone be prepared proper ??..everyone would still be on equal terms. No one would know a thing before the events start. I guess t100 would be reached by only 100k points. What's there to prepare. You race whatever you've got. It would apply to everybody.
  • Options
    I get it from Dave with Sinful Android. He's a great guy and he's actually in the process of bringing back the Nitto 1320 Challenge which was the great grandfather of this game. Please take my words with a grain of salt because while I believe this version to be safe to use if they ever altered the code or made it to where seeing the cars early would trigger some sort of ban I'd hate to see others get banned believing that I meant it was okay to use. I say every so many videos that the APK I use is altered and I'm probably going to make a video this weekend discussing the APK I use and it's ups and downs.

@eXxPLoSiOn Have you ever got banned ?? Why should we if its legit ?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    redskull said:

Why should everyone be prepared proper ??..everyone would still be on equal terms. No one would know a thing before the events start. I guess t100 would be reached by only 100k points. What's there to prepare. You race whatever you've got. It would apply to everybody.

Why you should be prepaired? Well Maybe you actully Then Can participate in the event? Whats the point in playing a Racing game, if you cant race and gonna build cars for an event, Because you wasent prepaired? And Im sure carbonated would gain more money from people buying gems, and Thats What Its all about, Nothing else
  • Options
    @Howien you aint getting my point. I'll end it here.

@[RR]Ryyst @Roush Sport can someone confirm if using an 'an unauthorised' apk is legit ?... Why are we still beating about the bush ?.. Is it not that by tempering code to retrieve info and getting access to a list of all cars is illegal as mentioned in the terms and conditions ?

Do clarify please.
  • Options
    If mods or admin won't confirm this who else can ? Again @[RR]Ryyst @Roush Sport I'm taking it you DO NOT WANT to answer. I wonder why ?!!!