Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

How many versions of the game are there ?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    @redskull I'm not an employee of Glu and / or Carbonated. Therefore, I can't comment on their policies or the enforcement of them. I'd relax on the assumptions. Just because Ryyst, myself, or any other mod doesn't answer right away doesn't mean there is some big conspiracy or something going on. We have lives and don't live on this forum. Also, keep in mind, it's a holiday weekend.

Another thing to keep in mind - just because a policy, law, rule, etc exists...doesn't mean it's enforced. Ever driven on the highway with the flow of traffic, which is often times 10 to 15 mph over the limit? Ever done it past a law enforement officer and not been pulled over (or seen anyone else get pulled over?). Same kind of thing. Doing 65 in a 55 mph zone is illegal...but most law enforcement...if they see you running with traffic, they won't bother you, even though you are breaking the law. Make sense?
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Getting the turf events early is huge. Being prepared for turf makes turfing a lot more fun and competitive. If you got the info for turf events minutes before turf started, the first event would pretty much be a wash. Most would try to scramble and tune for the 2nd and 3rd events and skip the 1st. So while the mining data may seem bad to some, it really does benefit a lot of players and teams.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    No doubt it beneficial to people. But if the events were intended to be out early. They would be out in game.. now I've benefited from knowing the events early.. but, I'll say this. Since the game doesn't give the events out early.. I think the events shouldn't be out early. Just my .02
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Agreed with Cyrus about mining the data. When I played BloodBrothers 2 one of the mods ran a site called bloodbrothers2.info with all of the mined data. He would also have stickys on the forums with the daily stages and what commanders could be farmed where. I just find an issue with the ppl that mine it charge for access to the site they post the info on. That is shady af.
  • Options
    redskullredskull Registered Users 30 Posts
    edited April 2017
    @Roush Sport i agree with you to a certain extant. I'm sure that if it were Joe public instead of the 'special ones' i would get banned straight away. A policy is a policy and remains a policy. If you don't agree to it stay away or else there will be consequences. I can quote you from what you said in other posts....other apk which are not part of the game are not permitted. Simple. And others are kept carrying on with what they do. Why ?
    Their IGN is known but f*** all it doesn't matter because they r who they r... if it were mine I'm sure I'll be out but Whatever.

Edit. You can be lucky to avoid fines and what not once or twice. Try your luck more and than tell me what happens. Try it even more and you'll end up behind bars.

@aubassplayer fully agree with your statement. Everyone benefits from the leak myself included...but since this is not advertised in the game same as showdown it means that such info was never intended to be divulged before the actual turf wars commence. What @c y r u s says is very true though. Many would waste the first day to prepare for the remaining two days and there again a single day is not enough unless one is loaded with gems and doesn't care to waste them...on the other hand no one is commenting that if no divulging of the info takes place the competition would be more open and balanced not to mention the ridiculous points the top teams get... F*** there were instances that 2mill points were reached. Wtf. It would just boil down to one capabilities and not to financial power..it is well renowned that top teams buy 100s of cars from builders to prepare for turf. I for one cannot afford what they do hence I can never compete at their level...they can pink as much as they like...if they lose a car there is another ready to take its place. I pink but need to take care. I need to be cautious. The top teams benefit most from this leak and no one else. As things stand and with being cautious I can hit no more than 20-25k on a good day. If i squeeze my balls more than I can hit 40 but I can even lose what cars I have. Others hit more cos they afford to lose cars. Fu** some set a minimum of 60-80k. Lol lol. ..they just pink pink and pink. Its easy when you are prepared and can afford to get cars from these called builders. Don't you think ?

I think that if this leak is stopped once and for all than the overall competition would only get better. You just race what you have and prepare for the next events once your cars are getting repaired.

If carbonated decide otherwise than they can advise about the events soon after turf ends. If this does not happen than the leak is illegal from the games point of view. I am not carbonated and am not glu but they publish the terms and conditions for all to read for something. If you F### you're out simple as that...

And the strangest thing is that no one from mods or admins want to state if such apk and the reading of code is legit or not. Just examples. Is it so difficult ??? Is it legit or not ?!!
  • Options
    I have been vocal in the past about things I thought were shady with @eXxPLoSiOn but the data mining isn't one of them. Some may see it as breaking or bending the rules. Some may see it as hacking the game or whatever you want to call it, but take a min to actually see the benefits.

With the early release of events, players have a chance to prepare. If the events weren't known til turf actually started, only those with large garages, those who have a ton of cars tuned and ready for whatever event pops up, would be competitive. Most others would be scrambling and it would seriously hurt those teams that are trying to break into the top100 and those trying to build up and make a name for themselves.

The way it is now, every racer and every team has the same advantage and time to get ready. Whether you choose to prepare or not is solely up to you, but if you'd like to get ready, you can. You have plenty of time to tune without having to use a boat load of gems to install parts quickly which would cost an arm and a leg.

The alternative would be to not get the info early and always have a garage of tuned cars just in case. Would you rather tune cars each week for certain events or constantly tune and have on hand X amount of each car just in case it's turf eligible? For example: if your team wanted to be top100 each week and you didn't know the events ahead of time you would need a garage that basically has 25 of each car in the game tuned and ready. That seems like a lot of work to me.

So while you may see it as illegal, against the rules, hacking or whatever you'd like to call it, it clearly carries with it a huge advantage to all players and not just the top teams or the privileged few.
  • Options
    Oh and about @eXxPLoSiOn charging people for VIP on his site, he knows good and well that those who pay for the info also turn around and tell others about the events. He understands that the info spreads like wild fire and he is ok with that. How many of you have known about events ahead of time but weren't a VIP member of his site? Didn't pay for insider info but heard it from a friend or teammate in game? Your welcome!!!
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Sorry for the delay, I was hosting a Player Summit.

A few things.

There are a lot of things that players do with the game that are "illegal" in the sense that these actions are against the terms of use.

However, we don't really enforce a lot of it.

Why? Because than we would have to action against like 80% of the players.

Yes, everytime you buy and sell, that is against the TOS, and is kinda illegal due to the fact that no player actually owns any virtual goods. You all basically use virtual items owned by Glu/Carbonated to enhance the experience of playing a game.

So do we turn a blind eye to a lot of those things? Yes. Why, because most of it is "harmless".

What do we enforce? Modified APKs that allow a player to have an unfair advantage while playing the game. Exploits that give an unfair advantage. Exploits that essentially steal. Those types of things.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    VGUSesko could get sued like a motherfucker
  • Options
    Unfortunately, due to certain actions, I've cut the ties I've had with VGUSesko.
    Despite that, he has done a lot for this community, believe it or not, however, some things we just cannot ignore.

• Options
    redskullredskull Registered Users 30 Posts
    Unfortunately, due to certain actions, I've cut the ties I've had with VGUSesko.
    Despite that, he has done a lot for this community, believe it or not, however, some things we just cannot ignore.

Apologies to all for being straight to the point and blunt however @[RR]ryyst ...since there are somethings which cannot be ignored...what actions were taken against these individuals ??

I take it that such things could have involved ....quote ...What do we enforce? Modified APKs that allow a player to have an unfair advantage while playing the game. Exploits that give an unfair advantage. Exploits that essentially steal. Those types of things ......unquote

There again I restate what I said...some individuals are more equal than others. If it was myself or others who might not have contributed much to the community we would have been banned for good.
  • Options
    redskull said:

Apologies to all for being straight to the point and blunt however @[RR]ryyst ...since there are somethings which cannot be ignored...what actions were taken against these individuals ??

I take it that such things could have involved ....quote ...What do we enforce? Modified APKs that allow a player to have an unfair advantage while playing the game. Exploits that give an unfair advantage. Exploits that essentially steal. Those types of things ......unquote

There again I restate what I said...some individuals are more equal than others. If it was myself or others who might not have contributed much to the community we would have been banned for good.

1. Any actions taken against another player is really between us and that player.
    2. Sure.. not really sure if you were asking a question
    3. Probably yes. The world isn't black and white, we aren't just yes and know, there is a lot of grey. Without divulging what exactly transpired between us and the individual behind the VGU, I can say it's not a simple did he or didn't he situation, or as simple as "He used a cheat". If this person was caught the same way we've caught and banned other users, than this user would have received the same penalties as the others. Now, there are individuals who have gone out of their way to help us make the game better, and sure sometimes I reward them. So are there individual players who have been rewarded for their assistance to us? Yes. Give a little, receive a little. It's fair. Bear in mind, this isn't a simple, "Hey heads up this is happening." Kind of thing. These individuals are more involved than that.

@redskull , I have a feeling what you are trying to get at is that we either do or do not enforce rules. So yes and no. We look at the situation as a whole, we aren't robots, we also aren't dictators. We have rules sure, but we also understand how this game works and how the community of players has evolved the game to be much more than it was first intended and with that comes the responsibility to let that play out. We look at numbers, impact, feedback and more to determine what course of action we should or should not take.

Now, are you implying that these people also get away with murder? No. The players on the council and summit are still held responsible for their actions. Like I said however, there is a lot of grey area and at this point, an individual crossed to the black. So we acted accordingly.

In regards to modified APKs and such. It's not as simple as looking at an account and knowing "APK user" because... all of you on Android are APK users. That's the game file. Detection of "moddified" apks is not simple. As our detection systems have improved so have those who modify the APKs. What I do know, is that any "moddified" APK that exisits right now, do not do everything they may claim to do. Sure, you can see things and maybe affect the look of your car, but it stays on your device. You can't buy anything, you can't use them in multiplayer games, no one can see it in the live environment. So we don't really go after these.

WHEN these modified APKs did affect the game, we did something. We changed the way things worked on our end so that some of the features of these modified APKs affected the live game environment would no longer work.