Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Self crasher

APOAPO Registered Users 6 Posts
edited May 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
I saw in the 1640 lobby turf 6 same profile picture but 6 different team name. I would like to address this to carbonated to banned does player and i think including whole team.

The name of the team is in top 3 right now. Would not tell the name. Im just let you know that some top100 team are not legit
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    They know. We know. Everyone knows. The top two teams right now are having a self crushing war.
  • Options
    ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    @Roush Sport poor fellas..
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • Options

@Roush Sport poor fellas..

Agreed. Not a battle of skill or talent....battle of "who has more money to fill up secondary accounts so that they can feed the main accounts". Worst part is any other team not doing what those teams are doing has a snowballs chance in hell of even coming close to T1. It is what it is. Hopefully ideas discussed at the Summit will be implemented, and situations such as this one will be a distant memory.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport wont they be banned? Lol
    IGN:
  • Options

@Roush Sport wont they be banned? Lol

@ARES_NiiTROzz Time will tell. I doubt it.....but time will tell.

• Options
    @Roush Sport i thought people gor banned for self crushing?
    IGN:
  • Options

@Roush Sport i thought people gor banned for self crushing?

Not that I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Well thats just some unfair horse shitt
    IGN:
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @Roush Sport

Pinkallstars got banned for self crushing.

That's why there is no T1 smokey and the bandit. They were seized.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    They should wait till last hour on Sunday and ban those teams @dwdtuning make them fucktards spend all that time and rrc
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @j2 theizzo claim used to take a day. Not minutes like now. They didn't even know what hit them lol
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    Oh i mean before turf is over let them be on that last 30 minute rush and just ban them minutes before its over @dwdtuning
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    That's exactly what I would do. With an hour left in turf freeze all players accts and remove the top 2 teams. Yes it's their money and their cars, yes they can do what they want with them but just like chicken points, they are playing the game in a way other than what was intended. They are exploiting the game and showing everything that is so wrong with it. I say ban em all and kick the 1st place car to the team behind them that didn't self crush to get to where they are. Yes some top teams and players self crush on a weekly basis and it's pathetic, but what's on display here is something far worse.
  • Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @[rr] ryyst

I recall you say something that any form of cheating will be dealt with..is sc considered As cheating or not? .I think now its the time to put the money where your mouth is. No offence intended but it's getting beyond ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > @Roush Sport poor fellas..
    >
    > Agreed. Not a battle of skill or talent....battle of "who has more money to fill up secondary accounts so that they can feed the main accounts". Worst part is any other team not doing what those teams are doing has a snowballs chance in hell of even coming close to T1. It is what it is. Hopefully ideas discussed at the Summit will be implemented, and situations such as this one will be a distant memory.

@Roush Sport I have been saying that since the day I joined the forum but unfortunately I have been told otherwise. I recall you telling me it's all about the team etc etc..and that the game is free. I recall As well saying that unless you spend big like top teams do no one Will be able to compete with the t5 teams. Glad you are now agreeing to what I said back than.

Edit..excerpt from a past closed discussion
    ( what you said here is the bloody truth and I fully agree with you) but as things stand you know that this does not apply.

You told me ->.....As much as folks would love to believe - this is NOT a pay to win game. In fact, spending money in this game is basically a way to try to shortcut your way to the top. However, you don't NEED to spend money. Anything in this game can be had with time, patience, and determination. That, is a fact.

Unless carbonated does something about what's going on it all boils down to ones spending power. ...which sc is all about.

And to add insult to injury..
    Quote'...Hopefully ideas discussed at the Summit will be implemented, and situations such as this one will be a distant memory.'...

Is it not that one who was part of the summit is the leader of one of the current t2 teams ??? ..he was there but sc just the same. Now I will be told that it's the other members and not himself.

He should lead by example. Period.
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts

They know. We know. Everyone knows. The top two teams right now are having a self crushing war.

What do you mean by "self crushing war" Why would a team crush cars? I don't get this
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @Fugyea in turf wars when you pink race and win you get the option to keep the car or trade it for points. Most ppl trade it for points aka crush the car.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Fugyea said:

What do you mean by "self crushing war" Why would a team crush cars? I don't get this
    @Fugyea What @JohnKIV said is correct. When you are in turf, if you pinks race someone and win, you have the option to keep the car you've won, or you can trade it for additional turf points, also known as "crushing" the car. Some of the acronyms in this game.....I digress.

Anyway, the whole "self crush" thing....is folks have figured out ways to feed their main accounts cars during turf...so that they can "crush" them for points, and do so in such a quick and easy fashion that unless another team is doing the same thing, and even sometimes in spite of it, they can't keep up (as witnessed this weekend between the top two teams).

I won't get into details as to how it's done, as I don't want to encourage folks to do it, more so than they've already been encouraged thus far.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Roush Sport agree with you on this. However if by doing this no one is breaking any rules and CARBONATED do not take any actions on what happened last weekend than its enivitable that such show of points paved the way for others to copy. In other words it was a showcase of what sc can do. There again, if there is nothing wrong with sc why should others refrain from doing the same ??.. What happened last week was there for everyone to see. If no actions by the top people are taken than the unavoidable will happen. I'm predicting that to get in t3000 a team would require some 10k points collectively where usually 3k would suffice. Same reasoning for t2000. Instead of 5k now it Will be 15k... Top 100 would be somewhere between 500k - 700k points or even more.

To stop this from happenning carbonated would need to intervene by taking some sort of actions whether banning or what ever. Plus as long that the black market is there and cars from the cinks are so cheap to get , than turf would be for those who either don't have a life or else for those who have deep pockets.

To stop this from happening the onus lies on carbonated only. They need to find a way how to erradicate the black market or else stop anyone from sc. Period.

Edit.
    If SC gets worst I'm sure that many legitimate racers would quit turf. Dunno if this is CARBONATED interest To happen. That said if you sc you won't need boosts. Carbonated would be the biger loser in all this !! No boosts. = no need To buy gems. There are and Will be serious repercussions.

All this commenced with the leaking of events. If no leakage ever happened than everyone would turf with what cars he has. Now that Carbonated are advertising events a week before than it was inevitable that problem would only get worse.

I've already said much in other posts. I received only fleck. Whatever.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited May 2017
    @greenstaged I agree with everything you said except knowing the event early. VGU has been putting out the events early for as long as i can remember. And this is the first time we had a "crush off". SC is a scourge to the game.. but as we've seen, Carbonated will do nothing about it.. I would prefer that the events dont come to light until turf starts... But then some say the first event would be empty while everyone tunes for the 2nd and 3rd. I believe the only way to combat this would be to release each event when that event starts... People would b.itch and cry. But it would mostly be the self crushers crying. And I don't give a rat's a.ss about them. Just my .02
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    JohnKIV said:

@Fugyea in turf wars when you pink race and win you get the option to keep the car or trade it for points. Most ppl trade it for points aka crush the car.

I see, thank you
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > @greenstaged I agree with everything you said except knowing the event early. VGU has been putting out the events early for as long as i can remember. And this is the firat time we had a "crush off". SC is a scourge to the game.. but as we've seen, Carbonated will do nothing about it.. I would prefer that the events do come to light until turf starts... But then some say the first event would be empty while everyone tunes for the 2nd and 3rd. I believe the only way to combat this would be to release each event when that event starts... People would b.itch and cry. But it would mostly be the self crushers crying. And I don't give a rat's a.ss about them. Just my .02

@aubassplayer Yes. Fully agree with you. I don't know if I was clear but I'm all out against the promotion of events before turf even starts. Events should NOT be leaked and should Not be promoted early. This is all VGUs fault. If the first event is wasted to prepare than at least it is being wasted by everyone. Everyone would be even and on the same boat. SC issue would be solved once and for all. Trust me I this...if it had to happen no team would exceed the 700k point mark DK included. Since no one will be prepared there won't be much cars to crush. Turf would be once again something to look forward to. As things stand, SC will kill the game.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @greenstaged yep. But I would only release each event when it started. Not all three at the beginning of the first event.. would not eliminate sc? No but there would be alot less of it.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    Yes. Agreed. Only those who are prepared will strive. If not one would prepare better as time goes by. Let's face it. Showdown is a good way to prepare for any event. Turf events and showdown events are not different.
  • Options
    Let me throw this out there for discussion.....suppose they implement what you guys are saying - no events leaked early, no one knows anything until the moment that event starts. Ok, let's run with that.

Now - I'm a person who has been playing for a while (as most of the top teams have), and I have a very robust garage on several accounts. Turf starts....first event? FWD....time to self crush the civics! Second event rolls around....Turbo! SVT crushing all day long.

Point is - regardless of when the events are released, it won't stop SC. Will it slow it down? For some....sure. For others who are resourceful and know to keep a well armed garage at the ready.....won't even cause them to miss a beat.

Discuss.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    What you are saying is true to a certain extent. A garage full or not would eventually deplete unless you replenish cars on a week on week out basis. It would get tiring moreover if the coming events would turn out to be different to the cars you would have replenished.

You have been in the game for long and should know how things work... Builders. SC would never be eradicated unless the top people do something themselves but let's leave that out of the equation. All top teams have builders. These builders need time to build cars not to mention time required to transfer cars and the car transfer limit allocated. It would be difficult but at least it would be a deterrent and would surely impact a lot. Everyone knows about these builders. Lex drama mentioned them specifically when interviewed by pigpen. He specifically mentioned that they buy 100s of cars so as to prepare for turf events. Its documented and if you look for YouTube vid you'll find it. Even Sesko mentioned it. When you have time to build cars (a week) its easy. When time lacks it's next to impossible.

Now. I cannot fathom why carbonated would not introduce new events. There are 101 brands of cars from showroom. Why does it have to be always the same ??? Fwd, RWD, SC, TRB, euro, jdm, Nissan, Toyota, Honda. All the mentioned can be covered by cheap cars - class d - from the showroom. These events in themselves are contributing and encouraging self crushing. Why don't they introduce new events ? Lambo, Javelin, specific cars events, AMC, etc etc. I want to see than if SC is practiced like it was last week. I want to see who would have the balls to crush mentioned cars the way they were crushing civics and jettas.

My concern is that try as one might there can always be those who know how to read the code. Unless carbonated come up with something which decides randomly what events will be for the weekend and just before the event starts there will always be way for abuse. These would start selling the info and SC would start all over again. Its a big vicious circle. The black market is at the centre of All this and is the main culprit. Most of the top teams sell their cars on eBay, via forums or other social media. These want to win at All costs in order to sell. I read somewhere that last weekend's turf car was selling for 50dollars or more. Whatever. My point is that they are making money out of the game and money is made mainly by selling turf cars.

So. I ask. Why doesn't carbonated do something about this ?? As you can see its All linked up. My solution would be....

Offer the turf cars via crates in ship yard. Say every three months come up with top 1-25 cars which were given the previous months. It goes without saying that the value of such cars drop. Carbonated shouldn't care about this. If the oldies don't like this they can leave...other New players will come. Who would buy 100s of cars to crush knowing that the coveted prize would be in crates in some months time ??... It's either you compete fairly and get it for free (prize) and enjoy the car till it lasts or else buy it out via crates when it's time comes.

Many would argue and call me names. Idc. Those Who grumble are Those Who sell these cars and make money....they can bittch as much as can but it's the truth. Its either get it for free by turfing,if not get it from crates by paying gems. All I know is that it would work. It's strategy. Eliminate the black market and SC solved. Hope @Roush Sport see the logic behind my reasoning.

Edit.
    The game is made to be enjoyed and not exploited to make money. I for one enjoy and appreciate every car I get. I have over 2k cars in my garages and honestly it never crossed my mind to sell a single car.
  • Options

What you are saying is true to a certain extent. A garage full or not would eventually deplete unless you replenish cars on a week on week out basis. It would get tiring moreover if the coming events would turn out to be different to the cars you would have replenished.

You have been in the game for long and should know how things work... Builders. SC would never be eradicated unless the top people do something themselves but let's leave that out of the equation. All top teams have builders. These builders need time to build cars not to mention time required to transfer cars and the car transfer limit allocated. It would be difficult but at least it would be a deterrent and would surely impact a lot. Everyone knows about these builders. Lex drama mentioned them specifically when interviewed by pigpen. He specifically mentioned that they buy 100s of cars so as to prepare for turf events. Its documented and if you look for YouTube vid you'll find it. Even Sesko mentioned it. When you have time to build cars (a week) its easy. When time lacks it's next to impossible.

Now. I cannot fathom why carbonated would not introduce new events. There are 101 brands of cars from showroom. Why does it have to be always the same ??? Fwd, RWD, SC, TRB, euro, jdm, Nissan, Toyota, Honda. All the mentioned can be covered by cheap cars - class d - from the showroom. These events in themselves are contributing and encouraging self crushing. Why don't they introduce new events ? Lambo, Javelin, specific cars events, AMC, etc etc. I want to see than if SC is practiced like it was last week. I want to see who would have the balls to crush mentioned cars the way they were crushing civics and jettas.

My concern is that try as one might there can always be those who know how to read the code. Unless carbonated come up with something which decides randomly what events will be for the weekend and just before the event starts there will always be way for abuse. These would start selling the info and SC would start all over again. Its a big vicious circle. The black market is at the centre of All this and is the main culprit. Most of the top teams sell their cars on eBay, via forums or other social media. These want to win at All costs in order to sell. I read somewhere that last weekend's turf car was selling for 50dollars or more. Whatever. My point is that they are making money out of the game and money is made mainly by selling turf cars.

So. I ask. Why doesn't carbonated do something about this ?? As you can see its All linked up. My solution would be....

Offer the turf cars via crates in ship yard. Say every three months come up with top 1-25 cars which were given the previous months. It goes without saying that the value of such cars drop. Carbonated shouldn't care about this. If the oldies don't like this they can leave...other New players will come. Who would buy 100s of cars to crush knowing that the coveted prize would be in crates in some months time ??... It's either you compete fairly and get it for free (prize) and enjoy the car till it lasts or else buy it out via crates when it's time comes.

Many would argue and call me names. Idc. Those Who grumble are Those Who sell these cars and make money....they can bittch as much as can but it's the truth. Its either get it for free by turfing,if not get it from crates by paying gems. All I know is that it would work. It's strategy. Eliminate the black market and SC solved. Hope @Roush Sport see the logic behind my reasoning.

Edit.

The game is made to be enjoyed and not exploited to make money. I for one enjoy and appreciate every car I get. I have over 2k cars in my garages and honestly it never crossed my mind to sell a single car.

@greenstaged I totally get where you are coming from. I personally proposed a solution that - I won't discuss how it was received, as I don't want to jade the discussion here. But, I think this might just solve the SC dilemma....it'd take some serious reworking of the game and of certain things (quickmatch, for example....it'd have to be much, much faster).

Ok Roush, what's your solution, you ask?

Make turf all about the player, and not about the team, per se. Stay with me here. You'll still have teams - and the teams can compete against one another, but....the reward system would be based upon the individual, not the team score. I don't want to remove teams outright as that'd kill the social aspect of the game....which is one of the things that keeps me, personally, playing. Winning a car that, lets face it, I'll build and then it'll sit in my garage till god knows when....meh. However, being on a team and helping teammates with builds, cheering them on when they score a nice pinks win, etc...that to me is what it's all about.

What you do - is make turf similar to quick match. Basically you find out what the event is....we'll say it's the AMC Javelin event. You grab your Javelin, go to the map. Now...instead of a turf "lobby"....you'd have "turf quick match" or whatever you want to call it. You tap that, it matches you with someone...you set your wager, and race.

How would that stop SC? Well, think of it this way - if there are hundreds of people online, all trying to turf....what are the odds that your account, and one of your buddies, your alts, your emulator run account, whatever....what are the odds that when you hit quick match, that you'll be paired up? If there are 500 people racing - that's a 1 in 500 chance. That would slow SC down big time.

Of course, you'll have the "well, what if it's a JDM event, and I'm in a C class, and get partnered with an A class"....one suggestion would be to make the chicken button available right from the get go (where as now you can only chicken after an initial bet is made)...so you could back out of that race, quick match again, and go from there. You could set it so that a C class would never be matched against an A class, but doing so would "thin out the pool of opponents", which would potentially make it easier for a person to find oneself, which just perpetuates the self crushing issue.

Then, as far as rewards - granted this number is hypothetical and pulled out of thin air - but set it to something like - first 20 players to score 100,000 points win the 1st place car. 21-50 (or whatever bracket they want to use) get second place, so on and so forth.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @Roush Sport yes.it makes sense. Basically it's very similar to what turf is now. I'm sure that at coding level it's nothing major. The difference can be mainly translated into an invisible turf lobby so to speak. You cannot see the cars sitting in the same lobby as you are. The system would pair you automatically with an opponent within the same lobby class...being a class or c class it wouldn't matter as long its within the same lobby rating group. SC abuse would be seriously dented big time. Thumbs up.
  • Options
    MacDaddyJoeMacDaddyJoe Registered Users 582 Posts
    One question, is self crushing against any rules or ToS?

Only ign: Macdaddyjoe
    Muscle cars are what i buy and trade for.