Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Admins One thing I do like and appreciate about this update in particular...

deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
Just about to race opponent and the screen just stood there at idle waiting for the light. Light never happened but the difference on this hiccup was that it gives the option to report the issue immediately (which I did) from the error screen prompt. I like this because it took my i.d. and transferred that to my phone and I left my issue and submitted it. Kudos CIE for making this option available. Post update yes....there will always be some existing and NEW bugs but I like that you guys put that in there. Note: I'm no longer putting real money into the game for boosting or little paint jobs n what not but I'm Sunday driving in the race rooms for casual racing. (known issues still exists and honestly I've spent quite a bit already for my standards)

I also notice like many have already that the video replay isn't there anymore and if it helps make the game more manageable from a programming stand point so be-it. It can get boring watching cars spin but that's honestly ok. It takes away the false replays of races previous racers had which were nothing like the actual race that happened in real time. That and no more bogus replay times that people never ran. Not to mention when someone wins or loses in pinks it used to show the wrong racer's car loading in the back of the truck trailer. These are now eliminated so that is good since no replays are available to witness these things. Also another clever thing is that no one can see what others are doing now with no replay. Element of surprise!! not bad. I can see a lot more people joining lower rooms as a result of this too. It's what RR has always warned racers from the beginning though....never underestimate what's underneath your opponents hood... ;) lol exactly

ign: cocoabiscuits

Comments

• Options
    JuanmaTuscaniJuanmaTuscani Registered Users 1,091 Posts
    Grabs popcorn !! haha nice essay :cool:;)