Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

What´s the logic behind Turf settings?

bunburyxbunburyx Registered Users 7 Posts
Just that. I´m trying to know what´s the difference between a power/weight setting and a turf setting.
I´ve been reading a lot like "turf setting is an art", but not a glimpse of what´s that about.
¿Can someone just explain (without theaching... I know you´re selling those setting) what´s the logic behind those settings?
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    davethepointdavethepoint Registered Users 62 Posts
    turf setting are more difficult cause we don't know the rating in a lobby until the event begin. for exemple you can be the faster in a lobby with low 1661 and only put a side skirt and your now mid 1661 but in other lobby and your the slowest. lobby look like 1555 high to 1661 low. you need to find the perfect rating and have the best weight/hp ratio. sorry for my english im french.
  • Options
    Turf Wars Tuning is where you detune to your car to even out the playing field. For example, the McLaren Mp412c GT3 can do a ET of around 7.4. I have detuned mine to 1668 and I now run an ET of 7.9 which is only a few seconds shy of the fastest ET for that specific lobby/rating as opposed to keeping it fully upgraded and racing against cars that can go 7.1 and faster.
  • Options
    mikeaveli504mikeaveli504 Registered Users 516 Posts
    Like what djchris said. A honda civic maxed rating is 1648 but the max for that lobby is 1650 so most likely you will be racing people with 1650 rating cars so you should downgrade your car to 1645 with best power to weight ratio. Some people just add/remove any part to match lobby rating. Myself included :) I'm just lazy to crunch numbers. Pm me anymore question
  • Options
    phoojywjphoojywj Registered Users 109 Posts
    I was always curious about how turf settings were too, now I got a lil bit of knowledge on it too.
  • Options
    mikeaveli504mikeaveli504 Registered Users 516 Posts
    You need to have knowledge of lobby ratings too. :)
  • Options
    jdmenjdmen Registered Users 24 Posts
    Yeah, but how do you know on what lobby you are? I have so many question about rating thing, can anyone pm me ?!!
  • Options
    bunburyxbunburyx Registered Users 7 Posts
    Very helpfull information.
    Thank you very much, guys!
    Just one more thing:
    How can I know the rating of a lobby? Are they divided by ranges or something?
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    Honda repsolHonda repsol Registered Users 30 Posts
    Bunburyx, some lobbies have a range such as (some of my main lobbies for my cars) 1650.5 to 1656.4, 1656.5 to 1663.4, 1663.5 to 1668.4. Higher than that it is max lobby. Its time consuming to play around with rating especially with the way game is right now but if u can tune power to weight so that u r at the top of said lobby u will have better success. There will always be faster cars in the lobby due to drivers. I dont have many of my cars maxed but set for turf lobbies. I am still learning but u have to put the time in to be competitive. Any other questions hit me up. I will do my best to help
  • Options
    Honda repsolHonda repsol Registered Users 30 Posts
    Going from 1663.4 which would be the highest in that lobby to 1663.5 could be one part as little as 3 hp. Just need to play around. Good luck