Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

All players please Read I need your proof

2Next

Comments

• Options
    JawsJaws Registered Users 3,701 Posts
    It's time we rise fellow players. Whether your white, black, or purple we must all come together ha. I don't stand for this and a little action goes a far way. Cie profited around 25 mill last year. Divide that up and see the earnings for employees provided online as well. Doesn't add up as well. Also ryyst says they have 60 employees I think that number is a little higher as well from the people I've talked to so far. I'm going to continue to investigate just email me if you want to join up. Keep your screen shots. I may need more in the future. We have around 45 photos so far. I will keep them hidden until we need them. I will not give out your name as well. I will keep my word. Ty and you can check page 25 as I am a lifetime player with Many vouches. I will not disclose my main account until this weathers over. Ty for listening.
  • Options
    CATCAT Registered Users 1,514 Posts
    Its shame to be you jaws.get a life and do something useful and stop this madness. Ever heard shinbeat?

Have 35$ pp to spend hmu
    Fueled racing beta tester/RR android beta tester/2013-present RR

• Options
    RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    I remember back in the day a game that had a bug in it that made it harder for certain players. It was speculated and talked about, then years later it was discovered that it was in fact the case in certain situations the game would assign some variable that stuck with you and caused negative effects.

I don't think it's the case here, I just think that either by direct action or indirect action this is a poorly coded game. With lack luster QA.
  • Options
    Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    One thing I don't understand is that the game offers no warning about the problems it is having. Granted, if you happen to be an active forum member you obviously are aware. But for the other 99% they enter the game without a clue. You warn us not to pink because of the glitches, yet where are these warnings when a person downloads the app? There should be a warning message that pops up when a noob spends $50 on gems and another $99 on the mil package and buys a fancy car. then enters turf only to have the start button not work, nos not work, sticking shifter problem, or a dnf happen. That is a lot of money spent and lost in a split second. Again, you do have the "you never know what's under the hood" pop up..... but how about a message that comes up saying "wait, before you pink be aware of the risks due to programming glitches that will cause errors and you might lose your car" . Even a link at the start up screen to a page explaining the glitches and the risks would help.

You see, most players don't realize how fun the game was just 6 months ago. If a player praticed hard and learned the game they could become a top player. I honestly don't think the vast majority of players understand this. The glitches to them are just part of the game. To me, the glitches are a result of the games expansion into other platforms for more revenue, at the cost of a stable game for the original players. Another kick in the butt is what do I do with all the cars and stuff I have collected? I have about 500 cars on this account that I can't even use. Had I of known this in the beginning, I would have made a throw-away apple ID so I could simply give the account away. But seeing as I have attached it to my "real" ID it will just sit unused collecting dust.

So in the end, it was pure greed on your part when the IOS/android mix happened. We could have had separate games and all would have been good. But now neither platform is stable or bug free.
  • Options
    endz1130endz1130 Registered Users 12 Posts
    I am as aggrevated as the next person about the issues but I do know that crossing platforms I.E. android and ios through a server is no easy task. I would like to see icons by player images to denote who is android or ios so I can stay away from certain exploits so ppl can't profit. I came here to ask about the issues in joining multiplayer and turf right now... is it just me or everyone having issues? After reading this thread though I feel the need to stick up for the developers. I have spent hundreds on this game and lost many cars due to irregularities. Any time something happens I try to document with screenshots and plan a well thought out pleasant bug report. In many cases the customer service reps have made up for my loss. I don't report every issue but the big ones normally get straightened out. I wish ppl would grow up and play responsibly. If everyone spent less time trying to hack and scam and glitch then the devs would have more time to focus on new cars, new races and making sure everything runs smooth... great game guys. We (the players) don't give y'all the credit deserved because we simply don't understand how tough it is to connect so many ppl through magic...