Options

PvP Arena is turning into a campaign mode

DjizzleDjizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
edited May 2020 in Bugs & Issues
PvP Arena might as well be renamed to “Vs. Shan Yu and kingdom characters” campaign. Every single or at least every other team around 1.7k+ deck power in arena mode is made up of Shan Yu and a combination of 3-4 kingdom characters (usually consists of Mickie, Aladdin, and Jasmine) and another plug and play character (usually big bad wolf) for the sole fact that Shan Yu’s leader ability with the kingdom characters will allow nearly two whole turn rotations before the opponent gets one (if all characters are still even alive to have it be possible)

Im not a rocket scientist by any means but I don’t see how an 8% haste buff can equate to such a big difference in this way. One to two extra turns in a full two side rotation would be understandable. But there is absolutely no reason for at any point two whole turn rotations are to be had before the other (lacking Shan Yu and company) can even get one. This team doesn’t take any brains/strategy to create. It’s taking advantage of the game’s mathematical disproportion and abusing it. It’s ruining the creativity and thought processes which should be a part of the whole experience when forming arena teams. Making the term “if you can’t beat them join them” so true that literally 75% of the time I click the battle button I’m already knowing who at least 3 out of the 5 opponent characters will be (Jasmine, Aladdin, and Shan Yu). What’s the point? I’m not going to purposely join the crowd to be in the loop of such overpowering mechanics and create the same exact team.

How/why is this even a thing to begin with? If a resolution doesn’t come to balance this issue out you might as well rename PvP arena to what it really is and that’s “Kingdom Battles/Campaign.”

Comments

• Options
    sasfiresasfire Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Lol
    so true

• Options
    DjizzleDjizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    sasfire said:
    Lol
    so true

But they’re still not making any noise about whether they will make any changes towards it or not. Woodys passive ability, send the troops, doesn’t work as it should either in the PvP arena which is kind’ve annoying.. I’m sure there’s other issues with other characters as well that I haven’t experienced yet but none really as serious/annoying as this broken Shan Yu leader ability which should take priority on being fixed more than anything. Then hopefully they’ll get to Woody and the other’s abilities to make sure they’re working as they should and that it stays balanced. No leader ability’s being tons better than anyone else’s and no worries about even being able to use a certain character or not based off an ability working. No real feedback. Nothings/no ones expected to be perfect by any means but really hoping they’re taking suggestions like these serious and doing what they can you know