Options

Counter Attacked by the Ghost of an Defeated Enemy...

Xenith22Xenith22 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
edited June 2020 in Bugs & Issues
I noticed this happening against Mor'du, but there's a chance it is more about the counter buff/ability itself and the order things are processed in the game.

Anyways Mordu had low health having already activated Ancient Rage to get his counter buff up.  My Shan Yu attacked him with Bucket of Soldiers assisting for the KO.  Mor'du faded away as he's supposed to, but then back in his regular spot my Shan Yu suddenly flinched twice as two damage numbers appeared above his head, as if Mor'du had counter attacked him...despite Mor'du already being gone.   (The prince's ghostly vengeance!)

I'm assuming what happened here is that since it wasn't ShanYu that dealt the killing blow, the game processed the counter despite the fact that the assist seemingly killed him before he actually should have gotten the chance to counter.   So to me I feel like either this damage should not happen, or else when the damage from the original attack is calculated not to be enough to take the target out, the enemy should immediately perform their counter attack, and only then start the assist animation and process that damage to make everything look right visually and not confusing.