Options

Stars for $2,000 in the game

Sometimes people want t o get all of the awesome exclusive stuff so I was thinking people should be able to get that. Well, of course, not for free! That would be too easy. I'm thinking that maybe you could make 5 stars for $500.00, 10 stars for $1,000.00 and 20 stars for $2,000.00. That would be a great and cool way, to get some of the cool stuff slightly easier.

~Ideagirl123

Comments

• Options
    disembowelmentdisembowelment Registered Users 1 Posts
    That's a really good idea, stars are really hard to earn
  • Options
    pattylouisepattylouise Registered Users 4 Posts
    great idea. I think that every now and again stars sbould come out of the birds and bins and stuff
  • Options
    BountyAngelBountyAngel Registered Users 24 Posts
    Actually that's way to low because it's easy to get that much money considering that me and many others have over 1 million dollars which means it'd be easy plus when u go to the store u can see that wouldn't match the the same price of stars and money divided like of u buy like 100 stars then for $10.00 and $100,000 for the same they would have to dive that amount but then make it a little bit more money to trade in for but ur idea is u just be selfish to the game after they worked this hard on making it they have to still make money which means people will stop buying charms and just get the money
    But all u want and other people is stars to use for energy

And I said this in another post because its post like theses that could make this game go down because there isn't any money coming in
    So I hope u see that u don't just think for yourself but think of the game also
  • Options
    pinkk182pinkk182 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Other games do have this feature. But I think the stars would have to cost way more to be fair. The random star drop sounds like a fun idea! This actually a good suggestion. There are plenty of bad suggestions on here but who cares. :confused:
  • Options
    Avilawesley7Avilawesley7 Registered Users 365 Posts
    That will be pretty good because I want to buy the house from the valley that cost 200000 but I can't because I don't have a lot of money but I have stars
  • Options
    mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    This is a great idea
    i would help earn stars more easily as some people , including me, dont want to spend real money on the game
    Game center :: mystic.lily
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    I'm agreeing with BountyAngel on this one. Sorry to burst anyone's hopes of wanting this but you really need to look at it from the developers' side of things.

This is the sad part about games: the business side. The freemium games are free, but that's where they get you. They provide you with a free game but highly encourage that you support them by buying their "premium items" or "special currency". Making games are not cheap and take a lot of real work to get them going and make them fun. It's essentially a job and business in the end, and if people don't buy their stuff, then they don't have the money for more updates or games, and essentially lose money and fail.

The problem here is that if, like most freemium games, you could buy stars with in-game money, then you would pretty much NEVER make a purchase because well, earning in-game money is free of charge except for your time. It would end up being more of a donation than actually buying from a freemium game if you do purchase, which is not their goal here. Look at it this way: when you purchase a hard copy of a game, you pay one price only, $50 for example. Freemium games may take the same amount of effort to make, but in this business, they make the games free in exchange for extensive gameplay or money. If they didn't involve stars or anything like it, they would be making no money whatsoever, resulting in less freemium games, shutdown of companies, loss of jobs, or whatever happens. Another difference here are updates, meaning the value of the game can go up because they have developed and have made more stuff. Sure you may not spend any money on the game, but that's the game you paid for - a free one.

I understand that from a players standpoint it's tough, but as BountyAngel said earning in-game money for stars can be selfish for those who don't understand how the process works but desire these things. There's a reason why it's more or less never like that in successful freemium games, because they know people would do that extra step to avoid paying rather than paying a little for the game to purchase more exclusive stuff and support the devteams. I don't like it either, but entertainment is a tough business, and people do not want to develop games for free.

So, yes to the random star drops! I like that. No to being able to spend in-game money for stars. Sorry :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    You got that right Shiro
    it would definitely affect the sales , but still they can do it where we would have to spend more than neeeded for stars.
    in other words buying stars with real mony will be much cheaper than in-game purchase or put a limit to the amount of stars we can get
    Game center :: mystic.lily
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    mystic wrote: »
    You got that right Shiro
    it would definitely affect the sales , but still they can do it where we would have to spend more than neeeded for stars.
    in other words buying stars with real mony will be much cheaper than in-game purchase or put a limit to the amount of stars we can get

I was actually gonna throw in a silly example in there like, 1 Star = $100,000. But now that I think about it, that would work.
    But there still might be some crazy people who would probably still do that LOL chances are unlikely. I think. There are some people out there who seriously go out of their way to make sure they don't pay a dollar in the game :|
    dfk75h.jpg