Options

Profile and Avatar pictures

Hi everyone ;)

I know this has nothing to do with the game but I have been trying for days to upload both a profile and avatar picture every time I do it says invalid file. My picture is below the restriction and have tried a few file types but the same message comes up :|

The only reason why I'm asking on here is because I have noticed quite a few of you have been able to successfully upload one :)

Comments

• Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    I was having trouble with this earlier, and for some reason it can get really picky at random times.
    I've been able to upload above restrictions before, and sometimes even within restrictions it rejects me. Really strange right?

Of course, double check that you get the kb size correct. Just to make sure.
    I've had more success with .jpg than .png, mainly because .png are larger files.

Since I had a picture before, I had to remove my previous picture first, then add a new one. But you don't have a previous profile picture, so that confuses me.

Sorry that I can't help more, as the above is how I got my stuff to work :[
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    TonyPoeHoTonyPoeHo Registered Users 239 Posts
    Should be in faq & support!
    I've successfully managed to upload an avatar and profile picture. Like you, I've too gotten that error and what I did was click the back button and clicked upload again and kept repeating until it finally worked. You also might want to try to resize the image to the 125 x 125 pixel dimension if not done so already.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*POW*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -~Gone With The Wind~- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Add Me On GameCenter @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "TonyPoeHo" - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    I was having trouble with this earlier, and for some reason it can get really picky at random times.
    I've been able to upload above restrictions before, and sometimes even within restrictions it rejects me. Really strange right?

Of course, double check that you get the kb size correct. Just to make sure.
    I've had more success with .jpg than .png, mainly because .png are larger files.

Since I had a picture before, I had to remove my previous picture first, then add a new one. But you don't have a previous profile picture, so that confuses me.

Sorry that I can't help more, as the above is how I got my stuff to work :[

@shiro Thanks for the response! At least I know I'm not the only one who is having trouble with it. I'll be triple checking it now just to make sure. Thanks for the input anyway :D
  • Options
    TonyPoeHo wrote: »
    Should be in faq & support!
    I've successfully managed to upload an avatar and profile picture. Like you, I've too gotten that error and what I did was click the back button and clicked upload again and kept repeating until it finally worked. You also might want to try to resize the image to the 125 x 125 pixel dimension if not done so already.

I looked there and all that banged on about was what the difference was between a profile and avatar picture was lol!! I'll try what you've suggested and hopefully that works.

I've tried to resize the image but the best I got was 112 x 100 pixels but they don't like that :/ I can't seem to get it dead on 125 x 125 pixels
  • Options
    I looked there and all that banged on about was what the difference was between a profile and avatar picture was lol!! I'll try what you've suggested and hopefully that works.

I've tried to resize the image but the best I got was 112 x 100 pixels but they don't like that :/ I can't seem to get it dead on 125 x 125 pixels

Hmm, what are you using to resize it? Regardless, there should be an option to uncheck "constrain proportions" that should allow a spot on 125 x 125.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*POW*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -~Gone With The Wind~- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Add Me On GameCenter @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "TonyPoeHo" - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options

If anything, I can help you resize your picture to exactly 125x125 or something :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm, what are you using to resize it? Regardless, there should be an option to uncheck "constrain proportions" that should allow a spot on 125 x 125.

I'm using web resizer some online image resizer program and I can't see that option there which is a bit odd :/
  • Options
    @shiro @tonypoeho It would be much appreciated :D Even if one of you could recommend a program that I would be able to do so on it would be a great help :D
  • Options
    I'm using web resizer some online image resizer program and I can't see that option there which is a bit odd :/

Go to http://www.picresize.com/
    Select the image you want to resize
    Hit continue
    Scroll down to step 2
    Click the drop down menu and select custom size
    Now enter 125 x 125
    Then go all the way done and click I'm done!

Hopefully that helps, but for now it's 5am and I'm headin to bed!
  • Options
    Oh, and it'd be better to save it as a .jpg as that is how I got mine through.
  • Options
    Go to http://www.picresize.com/
    Select the image you want to resize
    Hit continue
    Scroll down to step 2
    Click the drop down menu and select custom size
    Now enter 125 x 125
    Then go all the way done and click I'm done!

Hopefully that helps, but for now it's 5am and I'm headin to bed!

@Shiro @TonyPoeHoe

Thank you both very much for your help :D I used the site you suggested and I had to try a few times but eventually Glu gave in! Thank you both very much for your responses, really appreciate it :D
  • Options
    Yay it worked!
    You are one sexy star there :3 lol

I have drawing programs so I just use those, but for occasional picture resize, Tony's suggestion is easiest.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Yay it worked!
    You are one sexy star there :3 lol

I have drawing programs so I just use those, but for occasional picture resize, Tony's suggestion is easiest.

@shiro Haha! Thank you very much!

Oh see that was my next step but I'm no expert on those lol! My brother is the artist computer wise :D
  • Options
    @shiro Haha! Thank you very much!

Oh see that was my next step but I'm no expert on those lol! My brother is the artist computer wise :D

Lol you're welcome :D It's fun to see other people's characters. I don't trust that the game gives accuracy with avatars, as my date is a shapeshifter and keeps changing his look. !!

Ah I see lol :P
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Lol you're welcome :D It's fun to see other people's characters. I don't trust that the game gives accuracy with avatars, as my date is a shapeshifter and keeps changing his look. !!

Ah I see lol :P

@shiro Haha! Oh wow! Now that is something special lol!! Mine looks like a midget next me :| but all the computer generated ones look like freaks of nature lol! So he was best pick of the bunch! Plus he was the first character I met and got me my first advert so you can say I've owned him back haha!