Options

How to Reinstall Your Game

Recently a lot of people have been having issues with their game and having to reinstall the game causing even more issues when they remove the app from their device. Here's a how to of reinstalling your game:

1. Make sure you have shut the game down completely. You can do this (on a iOS device) pressing the Home button twice quickly.

2. Hold the icons and they will begin to shake with a little red - at the top.

3. Press the little red dot and that will shut the game down completely.

4. Repeating 2 and 3 on your app on your home screen, hold and remove the app.

5. When you press the little x on the app it will pop up and ask you if you're about deleting the game, press DELETE.

6. When you have pressed DELETE it will pop this up:

28ulg8o.jpg

PRESS KEEP! KEEP! KEEP!
If you press remove, it will delete the data on Game Center and you will have to start again when you reinstall the game.

7. Go on your App Store, search for Stardom and press download.

8. When your game has installed on your device open it and you will be at this screen:

293f0uf.jpg

It will restart over a couple of times so do not panic that it is not working. It will take awhile to download so do not stress that your wifi is not working.

Hopefully if you follow these steps you will keep your game and also reinstall it perfectly :-)

Comments

• Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Great post, Miss Charmander :D This should help loads of fellow stars & starlets!
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    Great post, Miss Charmander :D This should help loads of fellow stars & starlets!

Thanks, hopefully it gets sticked and no one has to search for it!
  • Options
    Yeah defiantly! That would be handy! :D
  • Options
    Yeah defiantly! That would be handy! :D

So would! Your messages are full again! Hahahha
  • Options
    Maybe we should just keep commenting on here so it stays at the top Hahahha!

Damn thing!! I have no idea how it gets that full so quickly xD
  • Options
    I've posted the link for this post in the How to guide to get married with credit to your fine self ^_^

I had an essay on how to do it on that post so it makes it that part shorter & sweeter :) & more people might see it :D
  • Options
    Bump! Need this at the top all the time
  • Options
    sumthinNewsumthinNew Registered Users 3 Posts
    I purchased a new phone and I went into my playstore to download my game on the phone and when I opened it it was a whole new game starting from the beging. Now I invested a lot of money and was at level 19 I believe and a A-lister and now I'm gonna have to do it all over again and loss all I did plse help me
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    sumthinNew wrote: »
    I purchased a new phone and I went into my playstore to download my game on the phone and when I opened it it was a whole new game starting from the beging. Now I invested a lot of money and was at level 19 I believe and a A-lister and now I'm gonna have to do it all over again and loss all I did plse help me

What kind of devices are you using?
    If they are both iOS, then Game Center should keep your data as long as you log in with the same Apple ID.
    If it is Android to iOS, or visa versa, try logging into Facebook.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Thanks, hopefully it gets sticked and no one has to search for it!

I hope so to because it is a great tutorial.:D
  • Options
    A2J3 wrote: »
    I hope so to because it is a great tutorial.:D

Thank you! Only hope :)
  • Options
    sumthinNewsumthinNew Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have the android phone and I reinstalled it thru the play store and logged into facebooka and nithing so I amm realky confused as to what to do from here should I unistall and try it again or is their something else I can do cause I woyld hate to do it all over again
  • Options
    Have a look in here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/forumdisplay.php?14-Customer-Care
    If there is not a thread answering your question, start a new thread saying "Android device: Stardom" and then ask your questions and a gluadmin or a glumod should answer your question ASAP!
  • Options
    Just bumping this up a couple of notches ;)
  • Options
    anjeleyezanjeleyez Registered Users 3 Posts
    What is the game center everyone is tlking about. I am an adroid user & when I search it it brings up a couple in the play store.
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    anjeleyez wrote: »
    What is the game center everyone is tlking about. I am an adroid user & when I search it it brings up a couple in the play store.

Game Center is an online multiplayer social gaming network released by Apple Inc. It allows users to invite friends to play a game, start a multiplayer game through matchmaking, track their achievements, and compare their high scores on a leader board. So pretty much it's the place to make friends in games for Apple. Since you're on an Android, this feature isn't in your game. If you want to add friends though, you will have to do it through facebook.

The Google Play Store is the Android's app store.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    TiffeyJTiffeyJ Registered Users 3 Posts
    The app was taken off my iPhone by mistake somehow. All the data is still on my Game Center and I've followed everything I could find on here to get my game back but nothing is working. Someone PLEASE help.
  • Options
    Do you know whether "Keep" to game files was selected when the app was deleted? I'm guessing you don't as it seems as you've said it was accidental. If it wasn't selected then that may be why you are unable to get your game back, as much the achievements are on game center the data may have been removed from the phone :(

Can always check your icloud & see if there is a stardom file on there. Can do that by doing the following;

Go to settings on your device
    Select icloud
    Select Storage & backup
    Select Manage storage

It will show Documents & Data that are currently saved on your icloud.

If they are there I'd suggest try reinstalling it again. If no luck submit a ticket :)
  • Options
    Bump bump bumpo!
  • Options
    Bumping up due to awesomness of this post & of the person who posted it ^_^
  • Options
    ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Well written, Charrmander! I will be sure to use it when I need to. :)
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)