Options

How to Restart App iOS

*・゜゚・* Restarting App *・゜゚・*

There are occasions where players have had issues such as agent's not calling, even after moving between sections/locations & game crashing or refusing to load. Closing down the game has always kicked the agent up the butt to pick up his phone and call you! Sometimes closing down the app and all other running apps has helped with the crashing and loading issues.
Here is a step by step guide on how to close down all running apps.

Note: The following steps are for iOS users. If you are playing on an Android or Kindle Device refer to your user guide or search the internet on how to do so with your specific device.

*・゜゚・* Version iOS 6 & Previous *・゜゚・*

1. Double click the Home button (□) quickly

A panel of open apps will appear at the bottom of the screen (pictured below)

rsz_1rsz_12d3a981f-599b-4414-9d29-7a2e2b4f128e_zps28fef790.jpg
3. Press & Hold on one of the apps for 2 seconds (Like you would when deleting an app)

When you let go, the apps should be wiggling with a red (-) on the top left corner of the apps (pictured above)

Press the red (-) on the app & all other running apps in that panel

When you have successfully closed down the app(s) the panel will be empty

Touch the screen or press the Home Button (□) to return to your home screen

Launch Game =)

*・゜゚・* Version iOS 7 *・゜゚・*

This action has been simplified with iOS 7 by having to do the following;

1. Double click the Home button (□) quickly- A panel with a window will appear (pictured below)

83c4f957-40ad-45db-ac2e-bf5607e19de7_zpsaed40518.jpg
2. Swipe the window(s) up starting from the app icon
Tap the Home screen or Home button (□) to return your home screen
Launch Game :3

Easy, peasey, Lemon squeezy ^_^

If it hasn't worked, don't freak out. There could be numerous reasons as to why your agent hasn't called. Try checking in with your agent & your publicist as you are not always notified to do so.
If your game is still crashing/not loading you could give the following a try;

Restart your Device
Check if your device's memory is low
Refreshing iCloud (iOS Only)
Check your Internet Connection
Reinstall App (iOS Only)

If all else fails;
Submit a ticket

*・゜゚・* Happy Stardom! *・゜゚・*

P.S. Apologies for my dog's huge miserable face xD

Comments

• Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    This deserves bumpo too :]

Also if your agent isn't calling, just move between maps and scenes and he eventually calls. But that's just my case :0
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Nice writing SamuraiPizzaCat! I will use this if I ever need to.
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    When I saw this I was like "Why is there a dog photo?" Then I looked down HAHA!
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Zbj wrote: »
    Nice writing SamuraiPizzaCat! I will use this if I ever need to.

Thank you Zbj :3 Glad to be of service *bobs hat*
    When I saw this I was like "Why is there a dog photo?" Then I looked down HAHA!

HAHAHA!!! Yep I posted a picture of my dog as his face helps with crashing :p Naa I was just the idiot who decided to screenshot when a dog was set as my wallpaper LOL! I've been meaning to crop it or change it!
  • Options
    In iOS 7 it will be a lot easier to do this !

mvge9e.png

It looks like this when you double-tap now. And the way you close them is just sliding the previews up and they close! :D
    It should be a lot easier like that now. Plus you can close multiple at once with multiple fingers. So closing app shouldn't be too bad later on :]
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    In iOS 7 it will be a lot easier to do this !

It looks like this when you double-tap now. And the way you close them is just sliding the previews up and they close! :D
    It should be a lot easier like that now. Plus you can close multiple at once with multiple fingers. So closing app shouldn't be too bad later on :]

Thanks for sharing this Shiro! As this version should be released very soon! I would have never of thought they would change the function of closing down apps with the new version :D
  • Options
    @marzipanj@marzipanj Registered Users 15 Posts
    Does anyone know how to do this in MacOSX? As in a computer laptop, a MacBook--not iOS? I was happy to see that Hollywood is available for my computer, as many games for iOS aren't--but I can't figure out how to close it down and I'm afraid of losing my data. It also doesn't seem to be connecting to GameCenter.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    Not too familiar with Mac, but I know there is a Force Close prcedure that you can do to make sure it is certainly closed.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3411
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    @marzipanj@marzipanj Registered Users 15 Posts
    For other Mac people, I did figure out that when you go to the "Launchpad," the program acts much the same as it does on an iPad. Meaning that you can also press and hold for two seconds, and the apps will all wiggle, and you can shut it down. I haven't done this yet as I'm afraid I'll lose my progress. Is everything saved? Game Center is not updating my achievements.

Thanks anyway--
  • Options
    Closing down the app does not mean reinstalling the app. It's just so that it shuts down completely, so when you start it up, it's nice and fresh.

I understand your concerns though, as Mac is a bit different than iPad or phone, especially with Game Center. While it should save your stuff, it's up to you whether or not to close up the program. Also, if it's not updating your achievements, log in and out of game center and see if that works.
    dfk75h.jpg