Options

New Update Keeps Resetting

2Next

Comments

• Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Update I have been talking to glu this week & today they sent me this

"We have an update submitted to Apple and pending approval which will hopefully address the problem. Usually it takes four or five days for Apple to approve and release updates."

Which is great news! So Fingers & toes crossed this update addresses this issue :D
  • Options
    QueenlaveraQueenlavera Registered Users 24 Posts
    Yay!! Thanks for the update SPC!
    Add me on GC: queenlavera
  • Options
    justdebjustdeb Registered Users 5 Posts
    Thank you, SPC! :-D I'll go play the other Stardom I guess? ;-)
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Registered Users 3 Posts
    This is happening on my MAC laptop but my iPhone account is fine. Which game format are you playing on?
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    I play on iPhone and iPad. iPad is main Stardom game and this is happening. On my iPhone, it's mainly used for testing with the game, but has not reset on me yet. However on the iPhone I haven't gotten to any of the update goals yet so not sure if it would start resetting after that triggers or not :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Happening to me on my iPhone, the resetting started at the San Fran update.
  • Options
    ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    I am not having the reset issue, I play on an ipad. :confused: Lol, I tried to play stardom on my phone, and couldnt stand it! the screen is just too tiny for me.
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    got spoiled with your ipad huh :P
    lol they are both nice, it's easy to adapt to both once you play with them both for a while. :]
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Heartbeat9789Heartbeat9789 Registered Users 75 Posts
    @Shiro & @SamuraiPizzaCat: Yeah i had Fun in Italy. It was amazing...im truly in Love with Italy, most of all i liked Venice. This city is pure love. I still have issues to find my way back to work...hahaha im so slow today...i have to hurry to get my work done :D How are you, Ladies? Sorry ive been rarely online here the last week...i was very busy doing this doing that.

Hope you Girls are right that they are fixing the glitches. Since two days i cant even open the game. And when i can it took me ages to do my quest or change clothes...its really sad. I have so many open quests to do, but i cant...lets see what they are doing to fix this mess.

Anyway, missed you, chickas. All of you...
    Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life
    by ourselves alone - we find it with another. - Thomas Merton

Add me on Facebook: Heartbeat Rebekah
  • Options
    Awwh, we missed you too Beks! :3 I got concerned when you weren't posting about Borty anymore...

They had better fix up glitches... or else everything will go back to The A-List for Stardom future :<
    That forum looks so sad xD I remember when it had it's own forum, now it's just posts...
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Heartbeat9789Heartbeat9789 Registered Users 75 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    Awwh, we missed you too Beks! :3 I got concerned when you weren't posting about Borty anymore...

They had better fix up glitches... or else everything will go back to The A-List for Stardom future :<
    That forum looks so sad xD I remember when it had it's own forum, now it's just posts...

Thank you so much, Shiro :) Haha you dont have to be concerned...all is fine with my Borty. I gifted him new clothes...he looks hot hehe.

I hope they will fix anything soon...i loose so many fans and barley cant open the game...so i cant do any movie with more than 2 stars...that sucks :( Oh and i want the NYC Update...
    Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life
    by ourselves alone - we find it with another. - Thomas Merton

Add me on Facebook: Heartbeat Rebekah
  • Options
    Lol go Borty xD

Yeah me too. What also bothers me is that it's resetting at when I changed my girl up to look like "standard girl" for pictures for the wiki. So I don't even look like myself right now :<< let alone can I really do much because it keeps resetting. Honestly, my excitement for the NYC update died when these glitches happened and didn't even fix the bugs that lots of people were getting.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    DatboiroyDatboiroy Registered Users 18 Posts
    It's happening to you to?! I was in the middle of filming a movie and put of nowhere it just restarted. It did it three times. I'm not gonna play this game anymore until it gets fixed. It's very annoying and aggravating.
  • Options
    omg its Datboiroy! Long time no see o.o

Pretty much, everyone in this situation is doing your exact same thing. Very annoying and aggravating indeed. -.-
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Hey Shiro! It's been a while... How are you?
  • Options
    Lol hello :3

Been a loooong while xD I'm doing alright, except for the sad fact our games keep restarting :[ boo.
    You been playing away from the forums?
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    JexSongzJexSongz Registered Users 7 Posts
    Same problem #DEAD
  • Options
    Mine still keeps resetting
  • Options
    Datboiroy wrote: »
    Mine still keeps resetting

Haven't had this issue. Wonder why some people get different bugs than others? Haha, that's too much technology for me to even think about! :D
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    Mine's been resetting ever since SF update which was over a month ago.

Zbj, I know you're trying to make things positive, but it almost makes me upset when I and others can't play their game but see you without the bug :\ But maybe this is just getting to my head. Or jealousy I dunno. It's been a month, almost two, and glu hasn't fixed anything. It's very upsetting, but trying to be a little honest here.

People get different bugs because technology can be so unpredictable. It's a very common thing in any technology, who knows what can go wrong.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Shiro wrote: »
    Mine's been resetting ever since SF update which was over a month ago.

Zbj, I know you're trying to make things positive, but it almost makes me upset when I and others can't play their game but see you without the bug :\ But maybe this is just getting to my head. Or jealousy I dunno. It's been a month, almost two, and glu hasn't fixed anything. It's very upsetting, but trying to be a little honest here.

People get different bugs because technology can be so unpredictable. It's a very common thing in any technology, who knows what can go wrong.

Sorry, I agree.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    My hubby had the reset problem while I had the not being able to get married bug. But they fixed the problems in 2 weeks or so. Wth is happening now, I am already going to have to start from the beginning but not being able to play really sucks. I am pretty fed up now.
  • Options
    So I fixed the reset problem, but your not going to like the solution. I had to make a new iCloud account, deleted stardom, installed again and started over. You will need to send a ticket then when they respond receipts for any purchases to get your stars back.
  • Options
    Oh, I know resetting fixes things. I have another account that's fresh and it doesn't reset. The thing is that we don't want to reset our characters and shouldn't have to if glu actually fixed this problem.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Yup, I understand that. This post was for those who reset their stardom game and still had the resetting issue. You can't just restart the game, it appears to be that the iCloud file is corrupted somehow and because of that you need a new iCloud account and start fresh. Again this is for those who have already reset or re-installed their games while not trying to save data. This is clearly a more complex issue which would be why the fix is taking ages to happen. I truly hope the do get this done!
  • Options
    Ah i see. yeah that's really stupid, glu needs to really fix this because resetting as the only option to fix is ridiculous because obviously not many people want to reset all their hard work. :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    As much as i want to play stardom again the thought of starting all over is soo not great
    but i noticed somthing
    before ios 7 there were 3 files for stardom in icloud , now it is only 1
    so i assume there is somthing with the saves
    Game center :: mystic.lily
  • Options
    my main isnt on iOS7 though. so the files shouldn't have changed due to that so it may have been the update itself. you can see glimpses of changes they are making but its not helping those who are resetting, it's helping those whose games are okay. Like how they locked SF again and you must do vegvale, seriously? I CANT EVEN DO THAT QUEST IN THE FIRST PLACE NOW. :<
    dfk75h.jpg