Options

Stardom: Hollywood Update 2.4.0

Hello Stars and Starlets! :]

dyag40.png
▶ Be the real star of the show! Get your own reality show, filmed right in your home! (level 15+; speak to your agent)
▶ Complete the reality TV challenge to win an exclusive clothing and shoes! (level 9+; speak to your agent)
▶ New clothing for girls and guys!
▶ Millions more fans added for A-Listers to earn
▶ Bug fixes and other improvements

Couple more goals, stuffs, and fans. Sadly, some more bugs and glitches.

Starlets get one new hairstyle (I think it's new), a dress (I...think it's new), a cool new pair of shoes, and probably other things I have missed.

As you can read, you will get the reality TV challenge, and if you finish all four in time (7 days) then you get exclusive stuff. You get your own reality show originally titled "The (your name) Show".

hehe, The Shiro Show. No one would watch xD But the best part is that there is a script bashes at your rival. How awesome is that?! Also thanks to this reality show, I've finally finished that The Shill achievement yay!
The prizes are a might disappointing in my opinion... :
zo7wqp.png

But there's always a bright side. Donald Nelson will now be staying in the Discount Law in The Neighborhood, and he will give you reality projects! The only thing is that you need to have finished all other projects before doing this so you can come back to him later when you have run out of projects. Obviously I don't know what the projects are or if they're continuous yet because I have loads of projects but it will be interesting to see what's up :]

Happy Stardom!
dfk75h.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    OMG! I woke up to this news this morning! Can't do the reality show yet (sounds so frigging awesome may I add!) as I'm currently filming the Force of Five.

But I treated myself to the new biker jacket dress (<3 it! But not the weird butt bulge :/) and got myself a pair of red jeans too! Hate that leopard print dress looks like something Kat Slater would wear lol! (Character from Eastenders, which is a soap.) I LOVEEEE the new hair do! I'm tempted to get it but I know deep down I won't wear it. More short hair styles please like A list!
  • Options
    ToyasaurToyasaur Registered Users 35 Posts
    I almost screamed when I saw this update! Sounds sooo cool! Can't wait to try it :p
    Game Center: Toyasaur
    :o
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Question for those who are doing the reality show goals:

Which house are you filming in?

I got the beach house but I'm wondering if this is random or if it will only take place at the beach house or lower (Randolf or Neighborhood). Thanks!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    scatterbrain88scatterbrain88 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I can't believe there's still bugs after updating yesterday. I got the call to film 4 seasons of reality show and had to wait for 8 hours to film the 1st one. After 8 hrs of waiting, my app keeps crashing upon opening repeatedly. After I finally am able to load the game, I got the call from Max to film the normal films of choice. There is no call for the reality show and time is ticking because the mission is to complete 4 seasons in 1wk. And I'm left with 6 days and no call for the 1st one. Can anyone help here??
  • Options
    Haha! You'd think so but no :p It wouldn't be stardom without them I guess xD

Right, if you are playing on iOS device you could try the following;

* Free up some space by deleting unused apps, photos etc, as the game tends to lag when it is running out of room
    * Turning off icloud
    * Close the app down completely & relaunch.

If none of those work then submit a ticket to the team.

Hope your issue is resolved quickly :3
  • Options
    ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Exciting update!
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    El.mrmEl.mrm Registered Users 13 Posts
    I can't believe there's still bugs after updating yesterday. I got the call to film 4 seasons of reality show and had to wait for 8 hours to film the 1st one. After 8 hrs of waiting, my app keeps crashing upon opening repeatedly. After I finally am able to load the game, I got the call from Max to film the normal films of choice. There is no call for the reality show and time is ticking because the mission is to complete 4 seasons in 1wk. And I'm left with 6 days and no call for the 1st one. Can anyone help here??

Got the same problem :( frustrating really !
  • Options
    Yeah, a few bugs have been seen to come back. Really disappointing from glu, I mean come on -.-

Send those tickets!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Seriously, bugs? Oh Glu, that's always the case.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    LysanderLysander Registered Users 42 Posts
    So sad update didn't solve my issue..Ben. Bugged for almost a moth do I'm prob a c list or something by now lol...:/
  • Options
    Only just noticed that this update has fixed the in game display of your network & wifi signal, time & battery life xD
  • Options
    I sent a ticket few days ago and git a reply this morning saying they will research about my quest and that i should look for the solution in stardom forums :) useless hahaha i think the problem is that when you talk to the guy before going to ur agent , then u'll have this problem .. Cuz i had the same problem before with those random people quests, i did the project without reading the script at the agent's office ,, then i got the quest bubble stuck on my screen , although i did the project and finish it.. Annoying i had to restart the whole game progress to get rid of this bubble :( !!
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe glu is looking to the forums for solutions when most of the problems are reported here... that's both funny and sad, as the number one solution we give to people is to send tickets -.-

Really sucks, Stardom doesn't seem like it will ever be consistent and fix its bugs. Every update there's just something new. It's almost sad that I get scared to update my game because of the potential to lose my progress. :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Shiro wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe glu is looking to the forums for solutions when most of the problems are reported here... that's both funny and sad, as the number one solution we give to people is to send tickets -.-

Really sucks, Stardom doesn't seem like it will ever be consistent and fix its bugs. Every update there's just something new. It's almost sad that I get scared to update my game because of the potential to lose my progress. :\

Yeah, I completely agree with everything you said. Another update, another issue.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    I have finished up the projects and got the prizes... Kinda disappointing in my opinion. I also updated the main post with information about Donald Nelson and pictures of the prize icons if anyone is interested.
    Now you can enjoy watching me look stupid while wearing the prizes yaay...:
    241sgt3.png
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    The shoes are nice but the top :/ it's hardly any different to what we already have in our wardrobes! I love a denim shirt but they could have at least done the one that Cardigan wears in the Golden Porkchop, that would have made it a little more exciting.
  • Options
    I am really jealous right now :( i didnt do any of the reality show projects cuz i have no script nor the set when i enter any of my homes :'( i'll miss the new cloths and the new projects :'( can they reset the update or something :'( i was waiting so long for the update and now it seems useless 😞
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your game :\ I don't mean to make anyone feel jealous, but I'm not going to not provide information just because there's a serious glitch. It sucks and it's hard to miss stuff like this, so I feel for you :[ Lots of people were unable to do Halloween because they didn't play on iOS, and there were the 2 months of resets before that... proof that this game really needs to get it's stuff together.

They will not be resetting the update, nor does any other game do that. That's just not how things work sadly. If a game has serious issues with an update, they can only update again. Because companies have to send it to Apple (for example) for approval before it goes into the store, it can take a while, which means companies may want to add even more content to the game along with their fixes. Once it's out in the store, that's what it's gonna be until the company sends out another update.

I really do feel for you though; good luck with your game :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    El.mrm I'm so sorry to hear about your game issue. It is frustrating when these kinds of glitches happen, and just shows that Glu have a long way to go as these types of things are too frequent in my opinion.

As Shiro has said, similar things happened with the Halloween event and Android players didn't even get the event, which is unfair. Both Shiro & I fully understand your frustration. We both had the resetting glitch and were unable to play for 2 months, so we completely understand how disheartening it can be. The clothes you get for completing the reality show event, personally, aren't that great but obviously this doesn't compensate missing out on it.

I wish there was something I could suggest in regards to your problem :( It is sad to read when games have been corrupted. It proves that Glu need to improve & do further testing before submitting their updates to the appstore.

I have both my fingers and toes crossed that your game is fixed super quick and your back on the road to Stardom very soon.
  • Options
    Aww thank you both , very nice of you .. But really i was kidding about the resetting part and the jealousy :p but how kind of you to try to make me feel good about it ❤❤❤ enjoy ur game .. I'm playing the A-List as well so am not completly sad about hollywood.. Although it has better graphics in my opinion &#55357;&#56837;
  • Options
    Haha! Damn text! Can never tell how people are saying things :p Glad you aren't too down in the dumps about it & as you said; at least you have A List! :o
  • Options
    Haha yeah, can't catch that stuff as well as in real life xD

Glad you're not too upset, just move on and forget about it lol

The A-List looks so much more artsy and actually has far better graphics (It's all very subtle); Hollywood just appeals more because of its variety of character customization in my opinion :0
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    I like them both the same. I love how different they are graphically! I think A list has better options though for example: hats without hair styles and nail varnish for toenails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry that always frustrates me xD

I think I have an issue with this new update. The last two auditions I have done, I have been told my lines are wrong but I swear I selected the correct lines :/ I'm going to test it out with my next project.
  • Options
    sillytoadsillytoad Registered Users 2 Posts
    While doing the reality show my spouse has completely dissapierd, off the stars list, off my phone, gone. Really sucks. Also every ounce and a while during launch it will download something that can take an hour and you always have to tap the screen so it doesn't lose connection, where do I send tickets for support?
  • Options
    I too have lost my spouse along with all the in-game contacts I made. Not sure what happened but it was a couple months ago.

If you have iOS, read up in the previous posts in the thread about refreshing device iCloud.

You can send a ticket here: http://glumobile.custhelp.com/app/ask
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    sillytoadsillytoad Registered Users 2 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    I too have lost my spouse along with all the in-game contacts I made. Not sure what happened but it was a couple months ago.

If you have iOS, read up in the previous posts in the thread about refreshing device iCloud.

You can send a ticket here: http://glumobile.custhelp.com/app/ask

No, just my spouse, after shooting the reality show in my house, my spouse vanished. Thank you for the link.
  • Options
    I did something really stupid :( i reset my game cause i wanted the new reality show missions and stuff , then i had the same previous problem :) ! I had a thought of looking in every house i own , then there it was ! The project !!! Now i regret resetting my progress :'( hahahahaha stupid me &#55357;&#56837;
  • Options
    Ohhh nooo D: sorry to read that! Hopefully this time you won't have to restart again :) with the reality projects they are narrowed down to 3 apartments. Those being:

✰ Randolf Apartments (The Neighborhood)
    ✰ Downtown Apartments (Downtown)
    ✰ Beach House (The Coast)

So depending on what ones you have bought, check them. It will be filming in there :) but you have to audition at KTV studio in The Neighborhood. ^_^