Options

My game won't open :(

Hey guys,

I knew someone has posted a thread like this before but they were an apple user and I'm using Android!
Their thread reads "Basically, my game crashes every time without fail after the initial loading screen" I have the exact same problem and I really don't wanna restart my game again so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help!

Comments

• Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    I'm not an expert on the Android side of things when it comes Stardom: Hollywood (iphone user)

But this tends to happen when there is lack of memory space on the device. Try deleting some unwanted apps, pictures etc and shutting the game down completely, so it is no longer running in the background. If you are unsure on how to do that, it will depend on what android device you are using, so you will have to refer to the manual or google it.

Hope it works ^_^
  • Options
    israisra Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm not an expert on the Android side of things when it comes Stardom: Hollywood (iphone user)

But this tends to happen when there is lack of memory space on the device. Try deleting some unwanted apps, pictures etc and shutting the game down completely, so it is no longer running in the background. If you are unsure on how to do that, it will depend on what android device you are using, so you will have to refer to the manual or google it.

Hope it works ^_^

I actually have enough space on my device (which is galaxy s3 btw) but I tried to do what you told me and it still doesn't work :/

But thank you anyways :)
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    If you are tech savvy (or not, but still read up), you can try grabbing your files from your phone if you know how to do this. It's a little complicated but there are plenty tutorials online on how to extract files from your phone.

If you manage to find the files, you can save a backup of them on your computer. Then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and then moving the files back to where they used to be. If you want to even go another stretch, you can try to compare the two files to see the differences and what you can place just in case there are other files that may possibly be corrupted.

It's a little bit of work and I frankly don't know how the files are structured in Android phones. It might or might not work, but if you really don't want to restart, it's worth a shot.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    isra wrote: »
    I actually have enough space on my device (which is galaxy s3 btw) but I tried to do what you told me and it still doesn't work :/

But thank you anyways :)

You will have enough space otherwise it wouldn't of installed :p but Stardom: Hollywood needs extra left over space in order to run efficiently. Sorry it didn't work for you. Try what Shiro has suggested if you can. If not submit a ticket to the developers by clicking here If need be you could always check your internet connection just as a "last hope" thing. Stick on Flight Mode for a minute then turn it off and see if that helps.

Hope your issue is resolved soon :3
  • Options
    I tried making a backup version like Shiro said but considering I'm not a tech savvy it didn't go on well for me and now I have to start all over again sigh..

But thank you both for your help I really appreciate it :D
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    You tried adding back the save files and it didn't work or something? Man, kinda sad that the Android doesn't do things like this as easily as apple. :\

Sorry about your file, but on the bright side you get to at least play again. :[
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    I really don't know what went wrong because I hardly know anything about these*stuff :/
    And it kinda sucks because I was really looking forward to meet that Alberto dude lol

I just hope it doesn't crash again because it would be the 3rd time I restart it!!
  • Options
    Oh mannnn!!! That sucks! It's not always a bad thing though as you get to redo the things you did wrong or try new things ^_^

Got my fingers & toes crossed that it does't start again :D
  • Options
    Oh mannnn!!! That sucks! It's not always a bad thing though as you get to redo the things you did wrong or try new things ^_^

Got my fingers & toes crossed that it does't start again :D

Hahahaha why thank you!! :D