Options

Update w/ difficulty WoH Towers!!!!

2Next

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Worth noting, but I assumed that the current WoH will be considered the 'easier' of the two modes and the prizes will be similar to what we've seen. However, I could certainly be wrong. @Bigpredfan first alluded to it, but i took it as a joke. He mentioned that the 'other' mode will just have lower prizes and lowered difficulty on pitching. Man....if that's the case? Freaking buzz kill! :(
    My thought process is that there will be 3 modes, 1 above the current difficulty and 1 below it. Of course it is speculation, but the best way to get people excited is to have a difficulty level where all players can beat it. If you don’t have a great team, here is the rookie level and you can choose it and cycle. Can you beat it now, but it takes a whole lot?  Good!  Here is the middle level of difficulty. Find it too easy?  Here is the difficult level. Each level with their own prizes. Could even be something where the level 5 prize is always a box and you get more boxes for the difficult level(s). There is really no telling what they plan on. 
    It could be like you said or it could also be the same boxes but with the odds within those boxes for the top/bottom players changing depending on the difficulty mode. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Bigpredfan Dude, I really an a dummy at times. Your thoughts make a lot of sense. For some reason, which I can't explain, I initially thought current/new(tougher) modes. However, 'tower difficulty' suggests that there will be more than two different difficulty levels. Dude, I'm even more excited! haa
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Hopefully you will be able to chose either level of difficulty throughout the event. That way you can cycle at all levels.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I agree with that @ZaneJ78! Really would suck to be stuck on whatever level you initially select.  

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I'm going to guess that you will be able to change from one mode to another for a reasonable gold fee, but will wipe out progress in doing so (so as you cannot just get to level 5 and then switch to easy mode to make it through, or get to level 5 and then switch to hard mode to get the better rewards, et cetera). Sort of like resetting your team during season mode.
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm going to guess that you will be able to change from one mode to another for a reasonable gold fee, but will wipe out progress in doing so (so as you cannot just get to level 5 and then switch to easy mode to make it through, or get to level 5 and then switch to hard mode to get the better rewards, et cetera). Sort of like resetting your team during season mode.

Makes perfect sense.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Also, something else comes to mind. Last year as your team progressed, so did your rewards from winning a round of walk-off. For example. 

Bronze, 2,000 cash only
    silver, 2,000 or 2500 cash
    gold, 2,000; 2500; or 3,000 cash  

platinum added 4,000 and diamond 5,000. Could this change based on the difficulty you choose?  Who knows 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    DFBB said:
    @Bigpredfan Dude, I really an a dummy at times. Your thoughts make a lot of sense. For some reason, which I can't explain, I initially thought current/new(tougher) modes. However, 'tower difficulty' suggests that there will be more than two different difficulty levels. Dude, I'm even more excited! haa
    There is also an option we have ignored so far. "Tower difficulty" could also mean that it would get harder/easier on subsequent cycles. 

• Options
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    There is also an option we have ignored so far. "Tower difficulty" could also mean that it would get harder/easier on subsequent cycles. 
    I thought this was already in place in 2018, but instead of cycles it was time of day 😏
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    I thought this was already in place in 2018, but instead of cycles it was time of day 😏
    So you're saying they didn't really change anything other than calling that a "feature" now? 🤨

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Houmy @Bigpredfan @DFBB your all wrong. I know these things, the new mode will simply be increased rewards. x2 for the harder mode. Same odds as before. I would stake @Houmy personal club as the wager.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    @Houmy @Bigpredfan @DFBB your all wrong. I know these things, the new mode will simply be increased rewards. x2 for the harder mode. Same odds as before. I would stake @Houmy personal club as the wager.
    There he goes again chiming in when the grown ups are talking. 😎 🤪

• Options
    Wanna make a friendly wager? The loser has to play in the other's club for an event this week. Offer extends to @DFBB and  @Bigpredfan as well. If im wrong, you get me for day, and a whole heap of points. If im right, you owe me 30k gloves because I know you three cycles SF with ease.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Wanna make a friendly wager? The loser has to play in the other's club for an event this week. Offer extends to @DFBB and  @Bigpredfan as well. If im wrong, you get me for day, and a whole heap of points. If im right, you owe me 30k gloves because I know you three cycles SF with ease.
    30K in gloves?  April 20th has passed buddy. 
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    I see the benefit to you if we lose but having you for a week...… 🤢🤣🤣🤘

JK Buddy. Would be glad to help you out in your club for one week if/when I get back to playing full time down the road

• Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I didnt get anything special when I updated...hmm
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    iOS update is available 
  • Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:
    Can't wait to see what the WOH difficulty tower is. Could it be what I had begged for since they introduced multiple woh prizes in 18? Play hard mode and get the guaranteed top prize?
    This is definitely nice. You led the charge and it always made so much sense. I felt WoH was way too easy last year(Nobody should be able to cycle at will), but it was still tough for some of the newer guys. I can't wait for Monday!

The number of people who thought WOH was "too easy" are few and far between.  This is not meant as a criticism at all, but many people who play don't have time to cycle 20 times, as you sometimes did last year.  And, many did not find even their one cycle very easy -- I had a pretty good team last year and there were times when it cost me 2K gold to get through the tower, with numerous failed attempts along the way.  If this becomes an excuse to make sure that the decent prizes are only available to those who beat peak Edwin Diaz (from 2018), it is going to cause a lot of frustration and eventually disinterest.

I hope this ends up being a good thing, but I am reserving judgment. 

I totally agree, not everyone found it easy including myself, to make it more difficult now would be unfair to those of us who can’t cycle and can hardly beat it once imo. Some of us don’t exploit the game. 
  • Options
    what do you mean exploit the game?
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    what do you mean exploit the game?
    Yeah I was gonna let someone else handle this one 👍🤘

• Options
    I guess if you can multi cycle with ease it means you exploit the game? lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'd rather wait for @Itsouttahere2 to explain his accusations before responding....however, please don't take too long. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Just realized that slugger strengths are now displaying. 

• Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I hope this is the case. Progress the tiers per cycle. Leave the first cycle as it has been, up the difficulty and rewards after each completion.

Borderlands/Diablo style ftw!
  • Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I'd rather wait for @Itsouttahere2 to explain his accusations before responding....however, please don't take too long. :)
    My apologies to all, bad choice of words, 
    How about “ navigating the game with ease “ some of us unfortunately haven’t gotten to that level yet and if they Increase the difficulty probably never will. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2019

Houmy said:
    Just realized that slugger strengths are now displaying. 
    Yeah this update is such a huge improvement overall, like 18 and 19 were beta-bad improvements...
    Not focusing on fan rewards but leveling a player counted towards gold and didn't require something like a store purchase to keep it after app restart.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I exploit my wallet........if there is a secret to the game that’s it. LOL