Options

Franchise player new issue

2Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    DFBB said:
    On a semi serious note, the new update promised new/more options for the franchise players. Here's hoping!
    Did it?  The way i read it was that they would be stronger so more relevant beyond the first 6! weeks.  Anything would be an improvement.   
    I could be wrong, but it appears we will have more options. My first thought was maybe CvC. Who knows. Here's the s/s though: 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I like the “players evolving when receiving a copy when they’re capped”. I just wonder by how much
  • Options
    @navyjack77 Previously, if you pulled a duplicate at silver 10, they would stay silver 10. Now, if you're a gold+ tier, that same duplicate pull would take him to g1.
  • Options
    @DFBB, I’m not sure if that is what it means. If you are in Gold and you have a silver 10 player, he technically is not capped. I think they are talking about having a gold 10 player in gold and get a duplicate. That’s just my opinion though. Opinions are close to onions though and stink anyway.
  • Options
    @navyjack77 I said 'previously' as if the update already came out. Anyways, in '17 and prior, this is how duplicate pulls worked. In '18(and currently), if we wanted to evolve a player, we had to use evo and gold. Many were upset and were hoping it would be changed for '19. It took a few months, but it appears that we'll be back to how things were in '17 and prior. 
  • Options
    I hope that’s the case. Having enough Evo is an issue when staying in Platinum. That 650 Evo when cycling Diamond is nice but I’m just not ready to take it there yet.
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    All gold spent should count towards stadiums, regardless. I've hated this rule since the beginning.
  • Options
    AdorableKittensAdorableKittens Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    FYI, everyone, you don’t have to restart the game to return immortal franchise player to 1 game left. I do the following instead:
    1) Go to Team—>Batter tab
    2) Tap the “swap” button for any normal batter
    3) On swap screen, tap that same batter’s “lock” button twice (2 distinct taps)
    4) Close the swap screen with or without actually swapping
    5) Go to any other tab in the Team group, then return to Batter 

Your most recent franchise should now have reappeared with its magic one more game! Incidentally, pretty much any significant adjustment action (swapping, promoting, etc) followed by switching screens will “revive” the franchise. Conversely, if you *don’t* want the franchise just now, the only way to prevent his coming back is to not make any adjustment to anything between his last game & the next. In this manner, you can get a few prime games played without him. However, any sort of adjustment will bring him back, even after multiple games away.

I’m sure they’ll fix it soon, so personally I’m gonna enjoy my free prime switch hitter at 3B as long as I can!
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    FYI, everyone, you don’t have to restart the game to return immortal franchise player to 1 game left. I do the following instead:
    1) Go to Team—>Batter tab
    2) Tap the “swap” button for any normal batter
    3) On swap screen, tap that same batter’s “lock” button twice (2 distinct taps)
    4) Close the swap screen with or without actually swapping
    5) Go to any other tab in the Team group, then return to Batter 

Your most recent franchise should now have reappeared with its magic one more game! Incidentally, pretty much any significant adjustment action (swapping, promoting, etc) followed by switching screens will “revive” the franchise. Conversely, if you *don’t* want the franchise just now, the only way to prevent his coming back is to not make any adjustment to anything between his last game & the next. In this manner, you can get a few prime games played without him. However, any sort of adjustment will bring him back, even after multiple games away.

I’m sure they’ll fix it soon, so personally I’m gonna enjoy my free prime switch hitter at 3B as long as I can!
    Did you ask DFBB for the free gold process yet?   Seeing this reminds me of that.  PM CanadaCubs for the unlimited xp tweak.  

This forum cares and sharing is caring!
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Granted it’s annoying having a stuck player there but that D10 Prime Altuve got me through my first D6 cycle, just was annoying that 2B for me is pretty loaded.  I should see if CS will remove him now because I’m to the point that I don’t really need him for promotion series games anymore.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Granted it’s annoying having a stuck player there but that D10 Prime Altuve got me through my first D6 cycle, just was annoying that 2B for me is pretty loaded.  I should see if CS will remove him now because I’m to the point that I don’t really need him for promotion series games anymore.
    Get him out and take another hostage at a position that you have more need.  ;)
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    for a while I had not only one but 2 stuck, the one that was stuck stuck then it let me get another as it was like normal use and then I played him out and he wasn't stuck but my stuck one was still stuck.

and thats how you use stuck 7 times in one post    ***bows*** 
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.