Options

Gold vs Silver WOH

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
I struggled in silver but after I made the gold jump I managed to cycle today no problems at all 
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Vlad Jr. with a 40g boost 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I'm contemplating. I do not have enough cash for upgrades, though. 

Will Clark double vsRHP skill is 0 for 13 on 5.10, which if I'm not mistaken that's about the best setup you can get as custom legends only have the 1 skill despite their slightly higher overall rating (335 to 330). 

Oh, and I just lost to Miley in 16 innings. It's been a rough one today.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You shouldn't be having that many issues with Clark on 5-10 @JEDDDOGGY. Are you upgrades capped?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Yes, they're all capped. Even the non-hitting ones. I've lost twice again since that last post so now 0 for 15. I think the game is telling me I have to go Gold. :(
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY my upgrades were capped in silver and are a couple away from capped gold...it doesn’t seem to matter to much for me
  • Options
    Here’s what I’m working with 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Curious....shouldn’t be that hard with Clark.....how deep are you on skills?  Pennants? Are you using vid restarts, gold boosts or gold restarts?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I have SF Giants pennants maxed, all upgrades are maxed, he is capped and skills are up to PXP. It should be the best vsR setup in the game currently, except for those who have spent PXP on skills. 

I was 0 for 18 at one point, then got the live boost and went 2 for 6 during that, then tried 3 more times after live boost was over and lost all of those. So ended up 2 for 27 for the day. And yeah, using video restarts and have tried all the different boosts, and even tried unboosted a couple of times just because why not. The 2 times I beat it I had used an 80 boost and also had the live boost.

From what I keep seeing, I need to go Gold and it will basically fix my problem. But, I still want to play slugfest and have heard it's very, very difficult at Gold and above.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Slugfest is not crazy difficult at gold - last year I cycled gold at will before royale was launched and then it became somewhat irrelevant. It is just damn resource expensive to bring prime sluggers to gold 10 - once they are launched, you need to win them and level them up to keep pace and that becomes expensive. 15k prime as a reward is great but it goes fast if you need to level up a slugger to gold 10
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Well the game is definitely pushing ME to go gold. Even match me games end up being against gold teams now.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yesterday was the first WOH in gold and I can confirm its light years easier.  I cycled 10 times and thats without playing the last 3 hours and waiting an hour in between cycles because of the #boxsnatchgate.   But yeah I couldnt imagine dealing with Lester or Miley in Silver consistently. 
  • Options
    Ugh, well guess I am going gold. 

G'bye slugfest. I hardly knew ye.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Ugh, well guess I am going gold. 

G'bye slugfest. I hardly knew ye.
    You wont regret it, the xp you get for duplicate pulls is real nice.   You get enough xp where if you really wanna play slugfest, it wont take you long to level a few sluggers.
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Jealous that you fellas have enough resources to gold ... Xp is so hard to get early on and am frightened on how I'd level of my keepers..
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Was gonna go gold but pulled allot of players and capped them and their skills, gonna take tomorrow’s woh and vip rewards to get a good start, I might just gut my slugfest team...shoulda never wasted the resources on it to begin with
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Seems like with 3 keepers and the custom legend, the cost to bring 9 position players and all my pitchers to Gold would be 878k XP, just over 2.6 million cash, 3500 gold and 350 evo. My math is definitely not 100 percent accurate, but even as an estimate as it is, I'm nowhere even close to that anyway. Did you guys leave your keepers at Silver? I need my custom legend because I don't have a catcher that's worth a darn.
  • Options
    whammo911 said:
    Was gonna go gold but pulled allot of players and capped them and their skills, gonna take tomorrow’s woh and vip rewards to get a good start, I might just gut my slugfest team...shoulda never wasted the resources on it to begin with
    Only reason i went gold is because VIP gift is coming and should be ton of xp 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I took my keeper Gibson to g1. All other starters are silver and Bronze. My bullpen is one silver and four bronze. Really, it just depends on the modes you enjoy playing. For me, I mainly care about WoH and CvC. I'll get to the window dressing soon enough. 😁
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Seems like with 3 keepers and the custom legend, the cost to bring 9 position players and all my pitchers to Gold would be 878k XP, just over 2.6 million cash, 3500 gold and 350 evo.
    I'm in the same boat. Trying to be patient so I can take everyone up at once. Sitting on 160xp which is my holdup. I'm hoping to wait till 500K but we'll see. If I start losing 30% of my prime games this weekend I might make the jump anyways. Starting to match up more with gold teams 20k/30k below me and getting stomped.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I have SF Giants pennants maxed, all upgrades are maxed, he is capped and skills are up to PXP. It should be the best vsR setup in the game currently, except for those who have spent PXP on skills. 

I was 0 for 18 at one point, then got the live boost and went 2 for 6 during that, then tried 3 more times after live boost was over and lost all of those. So ended up 2 for 27 for the day. And yeah, using video restarts and have tried all the different boosts, and even tried online  a couple of times just because why not. The 2 times I beat it I had used an 80 boost and also had the live boost.

From what I keep , I need to go Gold and it will basically fix my problem. But, I still want to play slugfest and have heard it's very, very difficult at Gold and abov
    That is frustrating for sure.  Sometimes I believe the RNG marks you out and you suffer an uncharacteristically bad day in comparison to personal standards and what others are experiencing that same day........at least that’s my experience.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Seems like with 3 keepers and the custom legend, the cost to bring 9 position players and all my pitchers to Gold would be 878k XP, just over 2.6 million cash, 3500 gold and 350 evo.
    I'm in the same boat. Trying to be patient so I can take everyone up at once. Sitting on 160xp which is my holdup. I'm hoping to wait till 500K but we'll see. If I start losing 30% of my prime games this weekend I might make the jump anyways. Starting to match up more with gold teams 20k/30k below me and getting stomped.
    Happening now to me.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Seems like with 3 keepers and the custom legend, the cost to bring 9 position players and all my pitchers to Gold would be 878k XP, just over 2.6 million cash, 3500 gold and 350 evo. My math is definitely not 100 percent accurate, but even as an estimate as it is, I'm nowhere even close to that anyway. Did you guys leave your keepers at Silver? I need my custom legend because I don't have a catcher that's worth a darn.
    I left 1 keeper out of 3 at bronze when I moved up to silver.  And now that the game is pushing me to gold, I’m probably going to leave them all behind.  If not, I feel like I’ll be saving up resources for another couple weeks to take 1keeper or my custom legend with me to gold too!
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I went gold this past weekend, I only had around 60-70k exp (I don’t remember the actual amount because there were a lot of gifts) and I took everyone to gold except Dock Ellis (pitcher keeper).  At the end of the weekend I had most of my batters anywhere between gold 5-7.  I had a huge day on WoH so I was able to cap 9 batters and two starting pitchers.  I’m going to level one more starter and my closer then will double back and begin leveling my hitter keepers while I grab evo for Dock.  I’m streaking well again and the only drawback I have is sluggers had to be left behind for now.  WoH on Wednesday is usually less profitable but I should be able to get some more done today so overall things have gone well so far.
  • Options
    I keep waiting for them to add PXP to the slug tower, but like others have said I’m guessing we’re a few weeks away from that yet.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I keep waiting for them to add PXP to the slug tower, but like others have said I’m guessing we’re a few weeks away from that yet.
    PXP is the only reason I am waiting as well. Much cheaper to level sluggers to at least S5 and multi cycle the rest of the way than it is in gold and eventually you'll need them all capped to autoplay faster as well as going gold.

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I thought about that too and others have waited for the same reason you just mentioned. However, I decided to take a 'risk' and made the jump. I can certainly be wrong(happens countless times), but whenever SF does get pxp? I believe WoH will too.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I thought about that too and others have waited for the same reason you just mentioned. However, I decided to take a 'risk' and made the jump. I can certainly be wrong(happens countless times), but whenever SF does get pxp? I believe WoH will too.
    Right, I'd be stunned if PXP was only offered in derby.  I cant imagine that would sit well at all with the big spenders in this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Right, I'd be stunned if PXP was only offered in derby.  I cant imagine that would sit well at all with the big spenders in this game.
    @Mattattack if they keep it the same as 18 then PXP as well as LXP should be offered in WOH as well but in the beginning you'd make a whole lot more per cycle in the derby vs. WOH. That is until they give out the secondary premium XP boxes in WOH as well. With the new WOH difficulty tower that they are planning to launch though all of that may change so we'll have to wait and see.

I for one would be really irritated if the derby becomes pointless this early as I have invested a lot into my sluggers from day one based on previous years and if the payout doesn't justify that investment then a lot of goodwill is lost. The derby is already irrelevant as far as getting points goes with the Royale multipliers so if the XP isn't worth it either that would be the last nail in the coffin in it for me.  #derbygate19maybemaybenot

• Options
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Mattattack if they keep it the same as 18 then PXP as well as LXP should be offered in WOH as well but in the beginning you'd make a whole lot more per cycle in the derby vs. WOH. That is until they give out the secondary premium XP boxes in WOH as well. With the new WOH difficulty tower that they are planning to launch though all of that may change so we'll have to wait and see.

I for one would be really irritated if the derby becomes pointless this early as I have invested a lot into my sluggers from day one based on previous years and if the payout doesn't justify that investment then a lot of goodwill is lost. The derby is already irrelevant as far as getting points goes with the Royale multipliers so if the XP isn't worth it either that would be the last nail in the coffin in it for me.  #derbygate19maybemaybenot
    I hear you 100% on that.   I went into the year with caution regarding slugfest because of how it was essentially abandoned last year.   It definately made sense the first few weeks as collecting resources makes the most sense early.   And leveling them in bronze is easy.   In silver it's a little more pricey but still doable.  Especially since they make the cost to level up sluggers less affordable (1.4X the cost of regular player).   But in gold its even more expensive (1.6) but that seems to be the sweet spot for woh in terms of difficulty and cost.   But yeah I have my sluggers available to bring to gold if needed but definitely not doing it until it seems like its worth it.
  • Options
    So, question for you guys that went Gold:

How much cash did you have? I have 450k XP so I'm okay there. I have gold and evo. I just want to make sure I don't go Gold and then still have issues with WOH because I don't have enough cash for the hitting/team upgrades.