Options

Do you make your own lineup?

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
How do you guys create a lineup or do you leave it to the app

Comments

• Options
    ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I usually just arrange my hitters by hitting stats and for CvC, I just put bonus players first, works pretty well for me.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I leave it to the app unless I have a multiplier for cvc and then I put him at the top of the order. Also maybe a bonus hitter for another event to get him more at bats 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Yeah, I adjust their order based on the platoon advantage and I put my best hitters 2nd and 3rd.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited May 2019
    For CvC....... I only arrange for CvC.  Bonus players first and leading off with either opposing dominant arm or playing tonsame side skills then allternating.  
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited May 2019
    (Amendment). I modify lineups to include bonus players in prime or bonus games and will change lineups round to round sometimes in WOH.  But for the prime and bonus substitutes I let the computer decide where they should be in the order.  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2019
    bigvivec said:
    (Amendment). I modify lineups to include bonus players in prime or bonus games and will change lineups round to round sometimes in WOH.  But for the prime and bonus substitutes I let the computer decide where they should be in the order.  
    I’m kinda like this. I’ll often set to automatic before switching to manual and then making slight adjustments. Like most, bonus player first and then best hitters. I only really adjust it if I have a bonus player. RBI’s I place 3rd or 4th typically while hits are always lead off for the bonus points 
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I adjust for CVC so bonus guy goes early, platoon and making sure the guys with blowout boost are a little later if it makes sense. In 18 when the roster was strong I would pick and all RH line up or all LH depending on who the pitchers were and then boost when it was the pitcher i wanted to max the advantage. Rizzo on a clash day with all righties was feeding time!  
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I leave it to the app unless I have a bonus player. Bonus players I move to lead off position. I also move up cvc skill players when I've had them during those events.
    Something else I do is cycle out my bottom two pitchers during cvc and season events. this helps keep long prime streaks going and better win rates in bonus games. 3/prime, 2/cvc or season, 3/prime... etc
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    What do you mean by platoon? You have multiple guys with same or similar skill you could use at certain spots in WoH?
  • Options
    marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I look at batting average versus RHP and LHP, look at their hit and order them that way
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    What do you mean by platoon? You have multiple guys with same or similar skill you could use at certain spots in WoH?

Lineup construction is very important for CvC. I don't have the luxury at the moment, but eventually I'll be able to have a 'vs rhp' and a 'vs lhp' CvC team.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.