Options

THOUGHTS ON THE NEW WOH FORMAT

SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
I, for one, really like the new format, even though it needs a few tweaks.  It’s actually refreshing that GLU has finally given a WoH experience that is inclusive of all players, not just one subset.  I think that the do need to tweak the difficulty of the All-Star level down to the normal difficulty of previous weeks. The rewards for the bottom two towers should also be increased to give their players greater incentive to keep playing and to increase player strength to be able to compete at higher levels. Other than that, way to go GLU...you’ve done something positive to help your players avoid frustration and stay engaged. 

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I was skeptical about it myself but ended up liking it after giving in and trying it out in HOF mode. I had been asking for something like this since they started giving out multiple players with top players being a 10% pull last year. I wanted something that would guarantee you the top player and of course it would be harder to cycle while having the option of playing easier modes for lower players/rewards. Not a big fan of the 6th level though when all you win is 5* players. If they insist of having 6 rounds they should save it for prime players just like slugfest.

They just need to tweak the level prizes to make it worthwhile for multi cycling.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I would Like to see different rewards for Multiple Cycles, Say...you got Hosmer on iteration #1, on 2 perhaps give out Bxp, cash and a different box, #3 something more to help your new player along.   make it more worthwhile and have the cycles build with each succession. It keeps people playing and in the end isnt that what the game is truly about if you're glu?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @matt_sackett Solid thinking. That would be beneficial to glu if and only if you are needing to spend gold to cycle. If you can do it without then they are gaining nothing helping you upgrade the player reward. As someone who has never completed once, well I did finish rookie yesterday whoopie, let alone cycle I am purely speculating. 

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I also want to add that once the keepers/ML get boosted, HoF will be considerably easier. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I also want to add that once the keepers/ML get boosted, HoF will be considerably easier. 
    If that difficulty stays the same after the boost that is 
  • Options
    I would like the keepers to stay just be done differently, thanks glu for making them BXP but that isn't really the issue. The issue is now the current players coming out are already eclipsing the keepers and they are slowly sliding into the inactive list (which sucks, the name Willie Mays should never be on the bench in favor of Joc Pederson ) honor the man! I could have used all my BXP to level up my keepers mind you but If I get a guy in a box I have to consider bringing him up quicker especially if he is relevant to an event.

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I would like the keepers to stay just be done differently, thanks glu for making them BXP but that isn't really the issue. The issue is now the current players coming out are already eclipsing the keepers and they are slowly sliding into the inactive list (which sucks, the name Willie Mays should never be on the bench in favor of Joc Pederson ) honor the man! I could have used all my BXP to level up my keepers mind you but If I get a guy in a box I have to consider bringing him up quicker especially if he is relevant to an event.
    That will always happens when the keepers factor increase date is approaching. Probably within the next couple of weeks keepers will get their boost, leaving all those players way behind. Then new players will slowly catch-up again and the cycle repeats. But the investment in your keepers is already done (except higher skills, that is)
  • Options
    Right...Ill just take a second Mortgage out on the ole trailer to level up Mays I guess.

• Options
    Right...Ill just take a second Mortgage out on the ole trailer to level up Mays I guess.

• Options