Options

I'm desperate for Pxp, but really?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
C'mon! 300 gold a box for 34% chance at pxp? And such small amounts too. Ugh to the max!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    The weighted average of pxp per box is 378. Rip-off
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Welcome back to the beginning of the year for primes!  It’s why I said earlier I honestly didn’t want them. I remember scrounging the prime XP to level up a player I traded in shortly after. It sucks. 
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Nevermind Prime XP, I'm still struggling to get enough regular XP.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I'm still waiting for the day which, without warning, a Prime slugger will appear on a new Level 6 in Slugfest, along with a big fat 15K PXP for Level 5.  

One of these Wednesday's, it will happen, and those who were patient and dedicated to their Slugfest teams will be rewarded.  
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    then only to have that weak prime pushed to the bottom of your lineup probably before august. Keep primes just make the skills better..
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I'm still waiting for the day which, without warning, a Prime slugger will appear on a new Level 6 in Slugfest, along with a big fat 15K PXP for Level 5.  

One of these Wednesday's, it will happen, and those who were patient and dedicated to their Slugfest teams will be rewarded.  

I'm debating going gold but the problem is the cost of leveling my sluggers.  I've cycled slugfest 5 times in the last 7 weeks, so my lineup is good to go (led by Ozuna and Puig).  But I can't decide if leveling the sluggers to gold is worthwhile.  Blue xp is hard to acquire these days.
  • Options
    @Metsicans I don't know your situation, but if you can cycle 'classic' WoH, you will rack up a lot of bxp in gold. The duplicate bxp value is really, really nice in gold+. When I made the jump to gold, I completely ignored my sluggers. However, I knew that it would still be an option if I wanted to go back to it because of all the xp I was able to rack up via WoH. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Again only a very, very slight improvement in the slugger reward for today with Chavis. Looks like I can safely skip it again this week. As soon as they plunk down 15k PXP (if they do at all) then I'll have to re-evaluate things.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Metsicans I don't know your situation, but if you can cycle 'classic' WoH, you will rack up a lot of bxp in gold. The duplicate bxp value is really, really nice in gold+. When I made the jump to gold, I completely ignored my sluggers. However, I knew that it would still be an option if I wanted to go back to it because of all the xp I was able to rack up via WoH. 

Basically, I have 180K bxp saved up.  My keepers are blah, so I probably won't level them.  My top end hitters are my legend (rarely even needs a restart on 5.10, but will be pricy to level), two-skill Molina, and then the recent WOH guys from Classic level--Hosmer, Albies.  The specialty Mazara from a couple weeks ago is also a key hitter for me, with his RISP skill.  It's a so-so lineup but pretty balanced all the way through.  My worst guy is Grandal from Royale WOH a couple of weeks ago, which isn't bad. 

On the one hand, WOH is my favorite event, so I'd like to go gold and see if it is easier at that level.  But I'm wary of losing my slugfest dominance because of the cost of leveling sluggers, as noted above.  Also I'm short on cash, only 200K.  Most of my upgrades are capped but catcher arm, infield hands, outfield hands are still in the low 20s.   Plenty of gold for now, around 20K. 

• Options
    @Metsicans I'm not going to lie. It's going to be rough. When I was low on cash, I did cash derby battles nonstop. It's tedious, but it's so good for cash and gloves.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    This is my plan today. I am going to cycle WOH as many times as possible today for enough xp to get my top 4-5 sluggers to gold 10.
  • Options
    I have to agree, WOH no matter what the version of it (tiers with warmup, pro, screw you, or classic) is keeping it fun still. My whole perspective on the game this year changed when I decided not to go balls hot and run my team to platinum and just stay rooted in gold. I cycled WOH for the first time, My team at this point last year still had 4 Star guys and I barely was out of the 30K range, Crested 71K Last night and Im enjoying it, BXP is hard to come by but, keep grinding, im not in a rush to end the season.

• Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Is it me or does anyone get bored of cycling WOH? I can never go past 4 or 5 cycles(unless PXP is involved) just bc of the disinterest. 
  • Options
    I just wish my suggestion would be taken into consideration, the further in it you go, let the rewards change, say Cycle 2 add XP to the level up of the player, or throw in a box or pxp or something to make a day long grind at least something to root for..is that too much?

• Options
    TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Looks like they fixed this with a prime xp only box, still 300 gold 
  • Options
    TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Although the low reward was cut to 450 pxp 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Yep, they fixed it. Hallelujah!!! Only 60,000 gold to cap Yelich now instead of 100,000. LOL.

GMAB, Glu.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Its definately a step in the right direction.  But at this point id like to wait till i need like 10-20k pxp as oppose to needing over 60K to get my Yelich to G8
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited May 2019
    It won’t be too long till prime is available for winning CvC matches and is available in slugfest and WoH.  I’d look at that box as a hey I need a little bit more to get a level to cap a guy in a tier let’s try a few boxes if I had some extra gold lying around sort of thing.  It took iirc till about the All Star break in ‘18 before prime exp was a little more plentiful.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    And pxp boxes in cvc, ask and you shall receive!
  • Options
    losbravos95losbravos95 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Were prime players ever WOH rewards?
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Prime Yelich was in box last week for HoF tier.