Options

How far should we take our “My Legend”

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
silver 10? How far? What is your opinion 

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Capped at g10, my best player hands down.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    That far? What position do you have him at? 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    3b
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Mine is a catcher should that change anything 
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I have my legend capped at Gold 10 also. I initially thought it would be too expensive to bring him along but he is a beast and I agree the best player on my team better than my capped Keepers with double skills (both capped to prime xp).  I'm going to guess he will be the best player on your team until you need players with double skills.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The legend is just bada$$! If you're tight on bxp, I don't think it's necessary to bring him initially, but he will make your life much easier. I think guys will be pleasantly surprised at how fast bxp will rack up once they start cycling WoH. 251k bxp is a lot when you're going from silver to gold, but once you've been gold for a few weeks, it's not bad at all.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks guys! 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Definitely get him to G10 if you can.  Expensive but worth it.  Prioritize him over any pitcher or single skilled hitter.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I would go for that over ANY pitcher bc it serves as your stage ten in WoH which is really nice. And they are so good it’s essentially a lower prime player but I’m only silver 
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    I would go for that over ANY pitcher bc it serves as your stage ten in WoH which is really nice. And they are so good it’s essentially a lower prime player but I’m only silver 
    One starting non keeper pitcher can be useful if you want to win the world series in season mode by using ice packs and Gatorade.  It will be tough to win in season mode without one.
  • Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    DFBB said:
    The legend is just bada$$! If you're tight on bxp, I don't think it's necessary to bring him initially, but he will make your life much easier. I think guys will be pleasantly surprised at how fast bxp will rack up once they start cycling WoH. 251k bxp is a lot when you're going from silver to gold, but once you've been gold for a few weeks, it's not bad at all.

I saved about 280k XP and half a million blue cash before going Gold on Tuesday. I immediately maxed 6 of my batters (305-320 max), 2 of my starters (POTM's Castillo and Glasnow at 340 max thru May) and my closer (310 Diaz). I'm happy with what I have right now. I easily cycled WOH on Wednesday using a video restart, a gold restart and one gold boost for 5.10. That lame SS doesn't make my team though. I have since farmed enough to max a 325 Pitcher I got from the Callup box (Kelly) to fill in the rotation to reduce the need for ice packs. I plan on maxing a 4th pitcher (25.1k xp) before working on My Legend (251k) and my Keepers (125.5k). I currently have the Keepers and Legend in my lineup as I bumped them to Gold 1, they just went from 2-3-4 hitters to 7-8-9 hitters. I don't see the need to max other regular players to fill in for the Keepers spots though. I assume it will just be a grind for a few weeks before they are all done.

I'm easily able to win Bonus games and tournament games since I have two 199 starters (until June). Season games are mostly wins, though I noticed more losses since bumping to Gold. I think getting most of my team to Gold 10 is more valuable than getting the Keepers and Legend there right away, but the Keepers and Legend are my best hitters so I won't ignore them forever. It's really up to you how you want to do it but I would recommend maxing 6-7 hitters first before anything else. WOH is too important. I am currently ignoring Slugfest. I hate it. No matter how much I try to cycle I just tire of it so fast. One mistake and you are boned.

I'm also a VIP so I plan to use whatever June VIP gift XP I get on my Keepers to offset the loss of my POTM pitchers max being reset to 310 and 300. I realize this doesn't impact many players but it's worth noting. If I wasn't getting that XP I might have held off on some of the pitching upgrades.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I went with around 100k exp and 350k cash, by the end of the Monday WoH (week before towers were put in) I had 9 batters and two starting pitchers capped in Gold.  I went on to cap a few more pitchers then started on keepers and legend, I have Hosmer capped, and with a big resource day yesterday have my legend to Gold 8.  Have hitting upgrades all capped in gold now and once my legend is done will start on pitcher upgrades.  Team is primarily 315+ on the offensive side, pitchers not quite as good but are mostly 310-315 specialty players with a few normal 5* sprinkled in the bullpen.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I wasn’t overly prepared to go to gold but I was tired of losing games so I made the jump. I only capped 1 pitcher-my ace of course and capped  5 hitters and a keeper. My legend will be next my plan was to only use enough resources to get me through woh and have an ace for season mode or playoffs.  Still a work in progress but at least I can cycle woh. Very few of these players will be on our club much longer than a month that’s why I didn’t level up more players and chose to do a keeper
  • Options
    How much gold and evo is it to upgrade the legend and keepers silver