Listen up GLU

2Next

Comments

• XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Agree with the spending habits @Metsicans that said there are a lot of players that just quit the game outright rather than accept the "pay to play" approach. I'm reaching that point myself - love the game but 2018 was a "kick in the nuts" particularly on the bronze level player and 2019 approach of every event needs players from event boxes to compete is a double kick. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Basically everything that’s already been said, much of which was said in 18. While nonsense is just simply unacceptable, and there’s plenty to point out in that regard, I believe the overall game strategy from Glu’s perspective needs a major rethink. They wanna make money, we wanna enjoy the experience of playing and winning with challenge. I believe winning the lottery for box odds to compete is NOT the challenge we seek. I believe it starts with draft picks... late round and 2nd round picks are useless after the first day, while 1st round and #1 picks are useless now. Instead of a proliferation of player boxes to spend gold on that produces a lot of frustration and players that will be turned into xp in a relatively short period of time, why not have a slower process that makes building a solid team to compete and rank higher the goal? Make the events truly about competing against other teams and clubs on a more level playing field than just who gets lucky with box pulls or can buy more to get lucky. Many of us have taken a few steps back because we know it’s a couple of lucky box pulls to stay relevant and therefore competing has lost meaning. We also know that not buying any this week won’t matter, coz next week there will be more, at higher ratings. I know Glu has to make money, the issue is how they’re doing it and how screwed up the strategy is. We’ve known this since 18 and many in our club made comments about waiting to play until summer in 19 or at least after AS weekend when player ratings ramped up last season. Well the ratings have already ramped up and has therefor made the box pull dance even more silly. The RNG factor continues to be a sore spot for many, but as has been pointed out, throw more gold at it and all will be ok...while you use your dbl skilled keeper against a pitcher whose ratings indicate he shouldn’t even be on the field and yet can shut the keeper down easily, there’s a problem. Anyway, I’m starting to rant....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I’ve played The game since 2016 and have gotten stacked, eventually, in each. However, the game is no longer fun. For example, in 2018 I would cycle about half the times I tried but with significant time and gold invested (300-600) but over time it got boring and my whole team was above 500+ already so it serves no point. It got stagnant.

i stopped playing woh until recently, well to be specific I played with bonus players using them each level to get a ton of club points but never put the time or gold to cycle until now. 

I tried and cycled for albies and kierboom, but the problem is, 1) it is too hard! 2) it is so hard it is not fun 3) it takes too long and becomes tedious 4) bugs are an issue having to restart after completing a level (esp given the time and resource investment) is unforgivable and needs to be fixed. But To get the player it takes ridiculous amount and the oppo is honestly bs on the final levels (as I’m sure everyone will say)).

We’ve also all had problems where uhm let’s say we actually win WOH and the game “has to restart”. This is the worst feeling ever. You just won, let’s say, the level 5 as I did once and had to restart and it went back to 5.1

Really sucked the fun out of a big way to get points and resources and it changed it for me. Since then I stopped spending money and learned how to maximize by logging in a few times daily at certain times, watch tons of vids on double days, and get all 5 stars. 
    also, I bought a POTM box once because it translated to 45% chance of POtM and 45% of 5* guaranteed pick. If you look closer you see that glu did the math wrong and the totals added up to 140%, not 100. So I bought a box that was advertised deceptively and when I contacted customer service they said it was a “display issue that was corrected.” DIDNT feel that way when I was 0/2 on something that read 90% chance of a guaranteed five star and glu did zero to rectify this situation. The CS rep did apologize but said something really ridiculous, which I thankfully don’t remember.
    sadly I think many core players will confirm these sentiments about horrible customer care which honesty ruins the experience when the game already has a lot of crashes and bugs and in years prior had tons of hacked gold etc. Treating customers like this is something I’ve always remembered and leaves a really sour taste. 

Or recently. I got Vasquez. And I traded Corbin sp . And uh now I lost Corbin. Atleast I have Vasquez as an SR
    These are just issues I’ve had in the past weeks and I’m one dude. Everyone else has a ton of stuff like this that is never fixed and it ruins the entire experience. They should invest in better customer care and outreach stuff on it imo. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Or recently. I got Vasquez. And I traded Corbin sp . And uh now I lost Corbin. Atleast I have Vasquez as an SR
    I read recently on another forum that customer service replaced the traded in pitcher with this mistake.  Write up a customer service ticket on the app.
    Thanks for the advice, I may, but honestly they never do anything and one time, after opening a ticket where I wasn’t getting bonus points for bell at 1B recently they said they talked with software people to fix it and I couldn’t use the chat, use club loyalty, or a few other things I’m forgetting for a few days. And glu has trained these CS reps to dismisses everything and just push it aside and it comes off as a sucky experience for everyone. In the past I’ve opened tickets for stuff like this and they would say stuff like I needed a screen shot (in years pasts), or needed to get my point totals or proof I xxx. 

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    No new in game animations, yet they have time to add fireworks while receiving bxp? zzzz... dohkay.
    Same in game glitches are still there... the triple play BS... the running behind the back popouts... the non-hit that goes to the pitcher, thus getting called out at home... none of this has been fixed even though they've known about it for a solid year.
    Adding useless 4 & 4.5 star players for events that have to be leveled up for small rewards later drives me batty.
    Losing FAR more bonus games that I was easily winning last season, thus costing us more all around.
    Using pitchers far more often as bonus players during events, which in turn forces us to purchase far more ice packs in order to remain competitive. 

All of it points to Glu getting lazy and too profit-focused rather than actually improving the game itself for those of us who have spent hundreds and even (gulp) thousands of dollars on this nonsense.

WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO YOUR USERS!

Those are all good points too.  But the thing is, Glu IS listening to their users...or rather, to their users' spending habits.  People are spending gobs of money and making the game hugely profitable for Glu.  Only when spending declines will Glu actually start listening to the complaints raised in this thread. 
    True.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Pretty much the only thing I like about this game right now is Monday walk off hero, and cvc is pretty nice, except for the whole shitck where you get 1K xp (or less) for winning. Tuesday is crap, Wednesday is meh, Thursday can be forgotten, and the weekend is a bag of garbage.

I know a few others on here have mentioned this - PLEASE being back gold home run battles. It would interest people in sluggers, and you guys get more money. Everyone wins, except when they don't.

And completely redo the weekend. Everyone hates it and rewards are a step below useless.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Pretty much the only thing I like about this game right now is Monday walk off hero, and cvc is pretty nice, except for the whole shitck where you get 1K xp (or less) for winning. Tuesday is crap, Wednesday is meh, Thursday can be forgotten, and the weekend is a bag of garbage.

I know a few others on here have mentioned this - PLEASE being back gold home run battles. It would interest people in sluggers, and you guys get more money. Everyone wins, except when they don't.

And completely redo the weekend. Everyone hates it and rewards are a step below useless.
    I would love to see gold home run battles myself but the reason they disabled it starting with the 18 version is the hackers. There was a hack where one hit would win the entire level for you.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    @Metsicans, you are 100% correct but obviously for some reason no one seems to get it. My team strength is roughly 70k and I haven't spent a dime. Until this week when I got to the forced to move up tiers due to hitting the magical win #, I  have been very competitive,  not now though because I lacked the resources to move up, but was forced to or lose every other prime/bonus game I am not.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    KSMETS said:
    woohoo77 said:
    Pushing us to move up tiers but giving out piddly amounts of XP is infuriating.
    I want to like this statement a million times over!
    I caved and bought two Improve Boxes because I can't get enough XP to go gold.  13% chance at getting 19K blue cash and I got it on both boxes.  Meanwhile I am 0 for 20 on getting a 10% player.  This kind of stuff just frustrates people and makes you question the odds, whether true or not.
    If you’re going to spend gold on exp, check the store for a box called exp deal II, it usually pops up once or twice a week for 300 gold limit of 25.  Exp ranges from 1-10k and doesn’t have the random 19k cash or 3 evo in it.
    edited May 2019
    @hourny They should fix the hack then, not punish all of us by removing it for everyone. You don't fix an issue by removing the people's ability to do anything remotely in that manner; you just fix the issue.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @hourny They should fix the hack then, not punish all of us by removing it for everyone. You don't fix an issue by removing the people's ability to do anything remotely in that manner; you just fix the issue.

The hack in question is guys were able to manipulate the system using airplane mode and it allowed both participants to always win. For awhile, I just assumed that they didn't want to invest the resources to fix the problem. However, I'm guessing that it may have more to do with a potential gambling issue, which would open a whole other can of worms.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    @Metsicans, you are 100% correct but obviously for some reason no one seems to get it. My team strength is roughly 70k and I haven't spent a dime. Until this week when I got to the forced to move up tiers due to hitting the magical win #, I  have been very competitive,  not now though because I lacked the resources to move up, but was forced to or lose every other prime/bonus game I am not.
    I understand it can be frustrating, but who cares about prime and bonus games?  The rewards are nothing to care about.  I know it's a little bit of a blow to your ego to lose prime and bonus games but at the end of the day... your team isn't going to be that much better if you go undefeated in both of those games.  Granted... that's 5/7 of the week, which shows the problem with the game as everyone has stated previously. 
    @dfbb I don't believe that would be a gambling issue, as everyone knows what they are getting, and there is no obscurity. The reason that they had to add odds to the boxes is because it was declared gambling because players did not know what they were getting into. Also, if that were the case, then cash battles would also be illegal.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dfbb I don't believe that would be a gambling issue, as everyone knows what they are getting, and there is no obscurity. The reason that they had to add odds to the boxes is because it was declared gambling because players did not know what they were getting into. Also, if that were the case, then cash battles would also be illegal.

The 'house' took in 'rake,' so therefore, unless it has a specific license to do, they would open themselves up to potential legal issues. You're right in that the current cash battles do the same thing, but on a much smaller scale. I don't have their data, but I'm guessing that a very small percentage of people purchase 'cash' as opposed to 'gold.' In either event, I'd absolutely love to have gold battles back. Un
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @dfbb ah okay, thanks. Hopefully Glu will get a gambling license, because there's no way they could use that to make the game worse. 🙄
    Well looks like GLU listened and is trying to win our hearts ($$$) over again. A 279 max no-skill "gift". Now granted for those that just downloaded the app it could be a great addition but really?

@DFBB I would have to disagree with you on the gold vs. cash gambling perspective. Both are items that you can either earn by playing or purchase in the app so simply because one is more rare doesn't change anything legally speaking. 

• NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    @midgetmullet, I think you are missing my point. If it was an ego thing I would buy the players in order to have a top team. I play for fun, but it's not fun when the game forces you along without being prepared to compete.  If you aren't spending money you need the resources from bonus/prime games. Point I was making is many who are complaining the most about box odds, rewards, etc are the ones spending big money but expect glu to change, why would they they are getting rich because regardless of the crap odds or players offered still spending big money ....
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Club hit all tiers today and finished to 100.  Thanks for the 2500 XP.  I'll have enough to level my keepers, legend and regular players in about 300 days at that rate.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    How about a true fan rewards event the last weekend of the month that consists of a weekend prime game event with a box containing 10 or so of the specialty bonus guys only made available over that month at slightly lower odds than normal, and not just the low chance bonus guys but maybe those that you weren't all that excited to pull and probably are inactive since whatever event they were part of ended. Combined with no 3 - 4.5 star nonsense players but instead xp or pxp maybe as a real THANK YOU for playing the game so hard. CvC can continue over weekend as normal but maybe rotate bonus players to get everyone a chance to score some points.

These new boxes are dumb. Rinse and repeat. I really have not much more than disgust 30 minutes into this boring event already and oddly find myself eagerly awaiting Monday...