Options

Would like feedback on my team and going gold

Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
i think I have a pretty good team. I have a 5 star at every position except C (who I have as my self made player and also have a solid 4* in Ramos) and LR (4.5 leclerc). I play a lot, and was good in 17 and 18 but want to know who I should have in my lineup, who should stay inactive, and how to go about upgrading if I go Gold.

and is my team good enough for gold? I cycled twice this week getting albies and kierboom and am worried if I go gold it will be too hard and I won’t get WOh cycles.
rards.

Comments

• Options
    Inactives (good keepers and potm)
  • Options
    Sorry they are out of order 
  • Options
    Currently I always cycle, assuming a try to get the player but honesty walk off hero has been such a drag despite the rewards and takes so long to complete that I’ve skipped it recently. I cycled consistently last season, but just started up again to build my team but keep getting bench guys.

how much stuff do I need saved for gold?
    i have no gold or money reserves but have almost all my upgrades maxed and am working on pageants on my main players
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    You will need some gold to go gold and cash to pay for your hitting upgrades.  I think they're around 1 Million each.
    How much XP do you have?  Regular players are 25.1K XP, Keepers are 125.5K XP and legend is 251K XP to get to gold 10.  

I'm saving myself for the jump, but it's a slow process.
  • Options
    The XP totals to get to lvl10 is really helpful, thanks! 
    I wasted a ton of my XP on my player multipliers which isn’t totally helpful honestly and I should have saved 
    I also have some keepers that are only 10 pts better than my replacements, so maybe I should take the hit and play the lower so dudes?
  • Options
    I have regular players that are 315 instead of 326 and 315 instead of 335 but the XP diff is so great I could do so much more improving like my entire team in the place of 1 of them legends or keepers 
  • Options
    I had 16k gold this weekend but wasted them all on boxes. All I got was Vasquez out of that many so if I had saved that I’d be set. (And I got the free 5* Ramirez who is inactive for me)

no cash saved
    only 11k xp
    no pageants season points

• Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    as someone who made the leap thinking my team was good enough... save up cash/gold/xp's as much as you legit can. You will need it. I would also suggest keepers stay at silver for now and upgrade your legend (he is the only 2 for 1 player anyway). Just my two cents. WOH has been beatable at gold for me but slugfest is insane because it is a lot to upgrade both rosters.

• Options
    I don’t play slug fest. My slug teams are literally whatever the lowest is as I trade anyone I get for xp. I played it a few times when it first came out year or two ago whenever it was but honestly it’s not fun and not worth the time and not worth the petty rewards. 
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I went gold with about 20k xp and 100k blue cash. It wasn't bad at all. My legend is still gold 1. Took my top hitters as high as i could and now have my hitters all gold 10. Slowly moving up pitchers. WOH is easy, i instantly started winning most of my prime/bonus games. I don't play slugfest since the blue monster is still there. 
  • Options
    Ya slugfest is dumb. Not fun. I only take the boxes from the season or whenever given to me and suck the xp out of em
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    I don’t play slug fest. My slug teams are literally whatever the lowest is as I trade anyone I get for xp. I played it a few times when it first came out year or two ago whenever it was but honestly it’s not fun and not worth the time and not worth the petty rewards. 
    If you don't play Slugfest, you don't need to have THAT many resources.  Make sure your skills are all the way to Prime XP for your top hitters, Legend, and hitter Keepers.
    Here's the order that I capped my players moving to gold:
    1.  6 starters (150k xp)
    2.  Keeper hitters (as much as possible 250k xp to cap which will take a long time so it depends on how fast you want to move up)
    3.  Top starting pitcher not your keeper (if you care about trying to win in season mode)
    4.  Legend
    I went in capping my 6 starters and bringing my keepers to Gold 5 (not touching my legend).
    Two weeks later, everyone is capped, if you have time to push WOH for Monday and Wednesdays 
    150xp to bring up your six starters then however much you can save to work on your keepers.  
  • Options
    Nice thanks for that. I like that.