Options

WoH for 5-27-19: Hoping for the Status Quo...

Comments

• Options
    JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Beat HOF...without the Live Boost...only spent about 1500 in gold...but now need a whole lot more pxp. Ha  nn
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Second time through on Classic was a lot easier than the first with live boost.  No trouble on 3-6, 4-6, 4-10, 5-7 and 5-10, beat all first try.  Not much time left to play today however.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Smashed through classic 3x, spent the live boost going for HoF losing to Thor 2x, had the tying run at the plate :/. Will switch teams later and give it a shot again.
  • Options
    culbersonmvp2019culbersonmvp2019 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    3-9 on Hamels, 0-4 on Thor.. disappointed
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I started the day in platinum. I leveled Renfroe to p7, cycled leveled him to p10, won the p6 playoffs and evolved him to Diamond. Then, I cycled capped him. He wouldn't be on most people's active roster, but he's now my best bat! 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    @DFBB - cycle machine!!!!
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @dfbb how much xp did that yield?
  • Options
    I've been stuck on lv6 on HOF since 2:00 EST. I'm pretty sure my team is good enough to cycle. Helppppp
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @dfbb how much xp did that yield?
    Platinum 10 is around 15K for beating 5-10 today.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Once at d10, you gain 21,040 xp each time you beat 5.10. In total, I'll get 22,540 xp, plus draft picks,  each time I cycle now that I have Renfroe capped.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Well I’ve scored my 2nd HoF win this season, this one much cheaper (3 attempts, switched live boost to Mariners, about 400 gold in boosts, about 600ish in total today), Gallo is a decent bat, not amazing but will be a nice addition once I can get more pxp.
  • Options
    Well I’ve scored my 2nd HoF win this season, this one much cheaper (3 attempts, switched live boost to Mariners, about 400 gold in boosts, about 600ish in total today), Gallo is a decent bat, not amazing but will be a nice addition once I can get more pxp.
    who did u use for hamels i keep getting assfked by him
  • Options
    I used my legend who I set up as a lefty killer (capped gold, 7% LHP)
  • Options
    oh mines a righty killer. oops
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @DFBB I did pretty much the same except I had taken him to Plat 9 and only did one more before going Diamond.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    JTTeams said:
    Beat HOF...without the Live Boost...only spent about 1500 in gold...but now need a whole lot more pxp. Ha  nn

Wow at s8 w/Meadows no less. I've never given HoF a serious look (I am silver as well) and only slow-played with classic player once cycled last few weeks. What does autoplay look like at silver? Level 1 seemed more difficult in general this week in the 15 minutes I spent trying to get through it. Or Renfroe's hit rating of 137 just couldn't cut it...
  • Options
    JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    JTTeams said:

Wow at s8 w/Meadows no less. I've never given HoF a serious look (I am silver as well) and only slow-played with classic player once cycled last few weeks. What does autoplay look like at silver? Level 1 seemed more difficult in general this week in the 15 minutes I spent trying to get through it. Or Renfroe's hit rating of 137 just couldn't cut it...
    I can auto play levels 1 and 2 easily. 3 can be tricky and 4 and 5 are ok. It has taken using gold to beat 6... especially Hamels (even with a lefty lefty keeper Clark). But with a guaranteed prime player this week it seemed worth it. 
  • Options
    BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Question for the guys that went gold to platinum. Do the rewards in WOH  increase as you move up?  such as BXP and cash per round. I cant remember 
  • Options
    Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts

Pretty sure I used Senzel at G10 vs. Hamels...only gold spent was max boost for Ozuna...
  • Options
    BOZZCO said:
    Question for the guys that went gold to platinum. Do the rewards in WOH  increase as you move up?  such as BXP and cash per round. I cant remember 
    Nope. That ended last year the week I went to diamond :(
  • Options
    Dave480 said:

Pretty sure I used Senzel at G10 vs. Hamels...only gold spent was max boost for Ozuna...
    my senzel went like 3-15
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    For those who have gone Diamond already...how are you going to handle it when legends come out?  That's my big concern.  How will i ever have enough lxp to take player from bronze to diamond?  Leveling one legend would probably cost 3K gold, hundreds of thousands in lxp, and a thousand evo. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    For those who have gone Diamond already...how are you going to handle it when legends come out?  That's my big concern.  How will i ever have enough lxp to take player from bronze to diamond?  Leveling one legend would probably cost 3K gold, hundreds of thousands in lxp, and a thousand evo. 
    That and the EVO. Now you can get EVO by recycling GOAT but I don't even want to imagine how many cycles it will take to take an entire roster to Diamond and then have more for new players for the next 7-8 months.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBB said:
    I started the day in platinum. I leveled Renfroe to p7, cycled leveled him to p10, won the p6 playoffs and evolved him to Diamond. Then, I cycled capped him. He wouldn't be on most people's active roster, but he's now my best bat! 

You guys are talking about Platinum & Diamond and I am sitting here waiting on CS to get back to me to see if they can downgrade me back to Bronze 😬

• Options
    BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    For me the biggest reason to go to platinum and then diamond is to feel like I'm being productive or having something to chase. My team is all capped at gold now, and for the most part I sit staring at the screen waiting for something to do. I enjoy WOH and can cycle classic all day I have finished DTI every week but find it super frustrating due to the fact I have already spent a ton of cash on the best players and now I need to spend more on retry s or boosts (cycled classic 4 times yesterday and then my club boost started and couldn't get through it again till boost ended.... that seemed super odd to me). I just find staying at gold makes me spend more money on bonus players that i don't want or need. I find the prime events super boring  its only purpose is to get you to use gold for refresh For that event to be worth while they should add a zero to each level of prizes  10000 gold for 1st  etc. Buying bonus players everyday seems like such a gouge of their customer base too me. I think a lot of you have the right idea about having your own club and just playing for fun. 

I would like to see a  24/7 version of WOH.... this is by far the most talked about area of the game (other then GLU's short comings)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Metsicans said:
    In a phrase, pick and choose.  I’ll be very curious to see the costs for legends and primes past gold 10 as that is where the changes came for blue XP players. Last year I was just stacking the XP until I got a player who would vastly improve a position, then I would level that player up. The cost in diamond last year for them was ridiculous though so I barely moved any of them past diamond 1, unless I could cycle them up through walk-off or free upgrades from boxes. 

It isnt real different from what what people are experiencing right now. “I have this prime player I can’t level up” is something posted daily on here. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Metsicans said:
    Just ignore them and stack xp in the meantime.   Like every other player, they all have lifespans so if I miss the first wave thats fine.  Most of the guys I end up leveling will be cycle capping through WOH or weekend guys using the 30% discount.  Also the gold and evo part isnt a huge hurdle in diamond given you can just cycle diamond 6 for those.
  • Options
    In diamond cash was what I considered my lifeblood in ‘18.  As long as I had a few million cash I never stressed about if I’d have enough games to get the 7500 gold/650 evo 3x a week.  I’m not quite ready to get on the daily bonus game/tourney grind this season just yet and want to see how blue exp players progress this season before I go in.  I already have a large amount of games saved and could run from Gold to Diamond 2 or 3 tomorrow if I wanted to go.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Once you are Diamond you will start to look at the game a lot differently. I leveled a player yesterday in Renfroe to D10 that 99% of people are going to scoff at- "oh, blue xp, 340 max, one skill, mehhhhhh"

But at D10 that dude is a freaking monster. I don't need primes, don't need legends. I can fill a team full of blue xp players with 30 less overall than the primes or legends or whatever and that team will crush everything. While everyone in Gold is grinding to scrounge up enough PXP to level up Gallo to Gold 4, I'm over here killing it with a D10 Renfroe. 

And, eventually, we'll certainly have enough PXP and LXP available where we can do exactly what we were last year which is taking a prime or legend to D1 and then cycle-capping them.

The absolute kicker is not only is it considerably cheaper on xp/cash to level players in Diamond this year, it costs you exactly ZERO gold as opposed to the 50k gold per player last season.

• Options
    @JEDDDOGGY just keep in mind that 340 max players will be obsolete eventually and right now they are only one step down from the higher max 370 primes so obviously they'll crush it for now but down the road? Don't go overboard with spending the BXP & EVO just yet