Options

Skills for Pitchers

midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
Has anyone seen a significant difference from your pitchers when you level up their skills?  I usually upgrade their skills to xp, but wondering if anyone is using their resources to bring their pitchers past xp and noticing a difference.

Comments

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Who can really tell?  I sometimes do to pxp because I assume it does something but for the most part I’ll just level three cash levels and evo and done.  
  • Options
    Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I go first two cash upgrades then forget about them until they are replaced by a better pitcher.  Maybe if we could see an impact (we could speculate by era and baa maybe) I’d put more into it, but we can’t, so I don’t.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Yes in that RHB skill leveled up holds more significance than LHB skill? Aside from that with secret win quotas employed....does it even matter? When its your time to lose, its your time to lose. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Yes in that RHB skill leveled up holds more significance than LHB skill? Aside from that with secret win quotas employed....does it even matter? When its your time to lose, its your time to lose. 
    Season championship series tied 1-1, I got the 80 gold boost during my team boost and used an ice pack for my ace who has a 5 percent boost against right-handed hitters. 

He gave up six in the first en route to a 13-3 loss. Thirteen runs all earned on 17 hits. He has a.230 ERA over 1,000 innings pitched. 

If those attributes have a positive effect, it wasn't in that game. When it's your time to lose, it's your time to lose. 
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I gave up on season modes to use live team boost. I saw enough of people complaining about loosing in the playoffs to justify giving up those rewards and switching to teams with a live boost when i play most on Monday and Wednesday.
  • Options
    lpoheron said:
    I gave up on season modes to use live team boost. I saw enough of people complaining about loosing in the playoffs to justify giving up those rewards and switching to teams with a live boost when i play most on Monday and Wednesday.
    I don't switch teams, and I only waited because I lost the first game. Played it with the live boost plus the 20 percent boost for 80 gold. Won game 2, lost game 3. 

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't so painful to accumulate pennants. 5000 vs 0 is pretty harsh, and 200 for a four-game sweep is a deck chair on the Titanic. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     I think season mode is a totally different beast. I feel leveling up within tiers affects those games though I'm sure that is not a popular opinion. I've been in S6 through 2 seasons now so expect to win finals easily coming up based on how easily my team handled even the Astros last round. We'll see how that goes.
  • Options
    @dustyhunks I'm S1 and I think I was at the same level the last two seasons. Maybe not though. I won the last season pretty easily and rolled through to the finals on this one before the game entered "Eff You" mode and reminded me of my place. 

The only issue I have is one semifinals series win is worth more than the entire season combined, and the finals is even bigger. Missing out on that puts you back quite a bit in terms of growth. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think this is how #skillsgate was created 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Has anyone seen a significant difference from your pitchers when you level up their skills?  I usually upgrade their skills to xp, but wondering if anyone is using their resources to bring their pitchers past xp and noticing a difference.
    It's my opinion that they they don't effect pitcher performance. It does, however, raise your team strength significantly. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    DFBB said:
    It's my opinion that they they don't effect pitcher performance. It does, however, raise your team strength significantly. 
    That brings the next question: does team strength has ANY kind of impact in ANYTHING in this game? (Other than bragging rights, that is)
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    DFBB said:
    That brings the next question: does team strength has ANY kind of impact in ANYTHING in this game? (Other than bragging rights, that is)
    Not really. It is an indicator of how good your team it, but not a great indicator by any means, IMO.  It’s the big gaps that tell the story (100K gold team vs 120K as an example, 122vs125K diamond team isn’t any real difference.)
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Team strength is misleading, at best, most of the time.  As far as pitcher skills, I regularly invest in the late-inning skill, if they have it.  Not heavily, but level 5 or 6.  As a silver team, it helps the starter be more effective late, and (one would assume) make relievers stronger.
  • Options
    As you get to diamond, relievers are mostly afterthoughts, I assume.  Once you get your starters to stud levels, you don't really need them that much.
  • Options
    Tdub71 said:
    As you get to diamond, relievers are mostly afterthoughts, I assume.  Once you get your starters to stud levels, you don't really need them that much.
    They are indeed, but as i told @dfbb earlier, I fell prey to the Team Strength chasing syndrome. I have a new best reliever after today though!  

• Options
    Tdub71 said:
    They are indeed, but as i told @dfbb earlier, I fell prey to the Team Strength chasing syndrome. I have a new best reliever after today though!  

What a stud!  I didn't know quad-A starters could be so dominant.
  • Options
    Tdub71 said:
    Tdub71 said:

What a stud!  I didn't know quad-A starters could be so dominant.
    For reference, here are my relievers. Lol. I rarely use them. 3 of my SP’s go the distance regularly