Options

Monday’s WoH Format

ProfNinjaDaddyProfNinjaDaddy Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
As a personal preference, I think I much rather prefer the 3 Tier format rather than the 4 Tier format for WoH. Essentially the Classic and All-Star tiers are identical rewards with only a 4% better chance at acquiring the top prize. As a suggestion, I would like to see:

Tier 1 - Rookie - 4 Levels - Mystery box reward with 50% chance at regular player.
Tier 2 - Classic/Veteran - 5 Levels - Regular player as guaranteed reward with mystery box with Large Bonus Player at 25% odds.
Tier 3 - All-Star/HoF - 6 Levels - Regular Player as guaranteed reward with mystery box with Large Bonus Player at 60% odds.

Also, the All-Star/HoF Tier should have a similar start to Classic/Veteran changing with just an increased level of difficulty on Level 6. 

Ex. Level 5 has 2 star, 2.5 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star & 4.5 Star Pitchers.... Level 6 should have 3 star, 4 star, 4.5 star, 5 star & 5 star skilled players.

Making it easier to clear the highest tier, while reducing the current chance at the big bonus is a fair trade off and should still allow those top teams to acquire the big bonus guys with relative ease while giving the above average team a legitimate chance at contributing as well. Obviously, with making the WoH box available for gold is a great idea and helpful to everyone.

Agree/Disagree?

Comments

• Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Im 100% Behind you however no one will listen sadly.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I believe this is close to what week 2 of WoH Towers looked like after the uproar that ensued after initial release. They went with 4 towers in week 3 which is where we're at now.

Edit: at least in structure. I don't think player was guaranteed in HoF/DTI.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @ProfNinjaDaddy I agree with the 3 levels, however if you beat DTI, then you deserve a guarantee larger bonus player which is how they have it set up now. Leaving the Reg. Bonus player for the Lower Tiers 1,2  
  • Options
    @ProfNinjaDaddy I agree with the 3 levels, however if you beat DTI, then you deserve a guarantee larger bonus player which is how they have it set up now. Leaving the Reg. Bonus player for the Lower Tiers 1,2  
    This format would almost eliminate DTI, instead taking the All-Star tier and just adding a 6 level to it. Make the Tier as a whole easier, but acquiring the big bonus reward slightly more difficult. But at a 60% pull rate, if you clear it 3+ times, which for the more skilled and higher level teams, it shouldn’t be a problem to still acquire the big bonus player.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Not the point, the reason they make him a guarantee is because higher end teams will spend to  cycle cap him spending lots of gold in the process. Giving the  guarantee prize will encourage those teams to cycle at least 5- 10 times to  cycle cap your player to save on the pxp costs.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Not the point, the reason they make him a guarantee is because higher end teams will spend to  cycle cap him spending lots of gold in the process. Giving the  guarantee prize will encourage those teams to cycle at least 5- 10 times to  cycle cap your player to save on the pxp costs.
    And you don’t think that after failing to get the big bonus guy on the first try, those same teams won’t try again and again to get the bonus player? Or just end up spending gold on the box to get the player? Either way, those same teams will spend gold to acquire the player and then in turn level him up. It’s just another means to the same end where even more teams have that same opportunity. This method should, in theory, create more revenue as more teams will acquire the bonus player and thus spend to level him up.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Have to disagree, the hardcore cyclers (dating back to previous version). Always cycle to cap your primes and legends. This is how WOH was always done in the past and keeps those players happy by giving them that opportunity to cycle cap. You cant do this with a 60% box and those teams that are in higher levels and can afford to level say a prime to plat 1 or d1 at this point of the year, are typically big spenders.  As other have pointed out they need to keep them happy. This is why that gave the  guarantee reward in HOF. I remember even last year when primes where first coming out in WOH you would try and save 50k pxp each week, level the player to  g5 and cycle cap. This was even before the dark days of Diaz and Neris where you were l  lucky to get 2 or 3 cycles.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    And you don’t think that after failing to get the big bonus guy on the first try, those same teams won’t try again and again to get the bonus player? Or just end up spending gold on the box to get the player? Either way, those same teams will spend gold to acquire the player and then in turn level him up. It’s just another means to the same end where even more teams have that same opportunity. This method should, in theory, create more revenue as more teams will acquire the bonus player and thus spend to level him up.
    I’m much more apt to spend gold when it’s a guarantee of cycling to cap than a chance of getting a player and a chance of a level up. 

When I see a chance of a player, I’m more likely to pass and save the gold 
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Have to disagree, the hardcore cyclers (dating back to previous version). Always cycle to cap your primes and legends. This is how WOH was always done in the past and keeps those players happy by giving them that opportunity to cycle cap. You cant do this with a 60% box and those teams that are in higher levels and can afford to level say a prime to plat 1 or d1 at this point of the year, are typically big spenders.  As other have pointed out they need to keep them happy. This is why that gave the  guarantee reward in HOF. I remember even last year when primes where first coming out in WOH you would try and save 50k pxp each week, level the player to  g5 and cycle cap. This was even before the dark days of Diaz and Neris where you were l  lucky to get 2 or 3 cycles.

I get what you’re saying... what if there was a 5k PxP reward to accompany that Regular Player and then a 3k PxP for clearing level 5... so even if no big bonus player was earned, at least the PxP earned would encourage guys to cycle/play more.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    The method your describing actually is like last year set up towards the end of the year with a less chance of getting a greater player. I doubt Glu would increase the odds of getting a player with only 3 levels. DTI was created to get the more prized player, but at a difficult cost @ProfNinjaDaddy