Wednesday Royale

13Next

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @dustyhunks with a live boost I can make it through using 120 gold (40 boost on 5-8 and 80 boost on 5-9). Just the video boost with Meadows. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
     It's amazing. Just vid boost with live boost and I don't get a single straight pitch that's over the plate at 5.9 or 5.10. Maybe not even a single pitch over the plate in some attempts. Vid restart and 80g, nothing but straight pitches to move on and eventually for a cycle. Every time today.

edit: I take that back, only 80g on 5.10. I've gotten past sale without vid restart exactly twice today. And the two times I did I used it on 5.10 with 80g and it was bombs away...
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I always thought it was weird after a restart pitches always get better

"Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dfbb how does one get past Sale? 😭
    I video boost JT during live boosting and he's been money. If you have a player that's double boosted vs leftys, that would be even more ideal.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I guess I needed the 2x WoH Meadows more than I realized. I made the decision to use Ichiro at 5.8 and Meadows at 5.10 and it has been a game changer. Using just a video boost(and live boost active), Meadows is currently 11 for 12 vs Arrieta!!!

How much gold have you spent to do so?
    I've only spent gold on changing teams for the live boost.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Beat him with no diamond bats..used Torres/Hoskins/Meadows for the diamond batters. Meadows boosted 80g final round with one restart but I got it done!
    Sale one try no outs recorded with P10 Torres boosted 
    Nice to know it’s doable still with plat bats 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Congrats @Haraycaray. Monday hopefully comes even easier for you 
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    edited June 2019
    DFBB said:
    I guess I needed the 2x WoH Meadows more than I realized. I made the decision to use Ichiro at 5.8 and Meadows at 5.10 and it has been a game changer. Using just a video boost(and live boost active), Meadows is currently 11 for 12 vs Arrieta!!!

Think these magic player swaps are in our heads, because I used opposite Meadows Dub Woh 16% boost @ 5.8 & Ichiro Dub Woh 4%  boost @ 5.10 after 0-3 with players flipped. Antidotal, yet supports my psychological theory. Silver 63k  team, 15% global team boost, no gold or free vid boosts used. Anyway, silver team definitely possible this year and don’t overthink because some sequences simply just confounding and unbeatable.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Overall it was a decent day, at least I wasn’t shut completely out.  Only 3 wins and since I ran out of gold Arrieta will have to stay in plat for one more day while I win 900 games to get back around.  I struggled badly with Sale and that is due to not having proper right handed hitting (only have a D4 Chavis PotM and a D1 Hernandez who struggled with Vasquez). If I got past Sale Meadows shat all over Arrieta only making 2 outs in 3 tries.  I can either pour resources into Hernandez with a healthy Monday like this past one or I can sorta hang with what I have but I’d need live boosts AND gold which is a tough way to go.  At least with 2-4 D6s a week now that I have my pitching rotation pretty much set for normal games gold isn’t impossible to keep up.  I’d try to grind some upgrades but I feel cash is almost just tourney food.  I could use a 340-350 RHB for Monday with at least one ideal skill.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Team is gold.....
    5.7 - no boost

5.8 + 20boost half - no boost half
    5.9 + 40boost
    5.10...if vid restart then 40boost

• scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Was it just me, or did Sale get harder later in the day? I got through 2 cycles using only a video boost, Playing Max Gold Cruz. Then during Indians game, with gold boosts, I must have lost 5 times. I am only a couple of weeks into being gold. I guess I need to Willie Mays before I can beat this consistently. Got him to G7 this morning. Got Ichiro only to G6. Keepers skills are also farther along. I haven't been able to move MyLegend past G1. I thought it was supposed to get easier when your team was playing. 
    I got through late..about 830 CT. So I don’t know if that’s the case 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I ended up spending 400 gold (1 Arrieta restart, and 2 80g boosts), but that's it.  I don't try to multi-cycles, simply because Monday and Wednesday are the days I have the least amount of time available.  I usually get through only spending the cash for autoplay in the 1-7 rounds of each level.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I found Felipe Vasquez to be most difficult yesterday for whatever reason. He's actually kind of fun to hit against though, as he seems to be one of the only WOH pitchers that will change frequently from curveball to fastball (or vice-versa) during the same at-bat. To me, I think it brings an element of skill that you don't get with some of the other pitchers that are more predictable. You better make him pay when he gives you the heat, otherwise you might be SOL.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY He frustrated the hell out of me at first last week as well with that fastball change combo, but I got him this week. I was able to get him early as he consistently threw two fastballs to start and then went soft for 2. I feel too this was possibly what led to my issues with Sale at 5.9 as I was primed for that fastball and Sale just doesn't bring that heat. If I ever got a change from Sale I crushed it but often found myself in between with his fastball.